Zags ordered cases of champagne before natty game??

5,914 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BUGWBBear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If true....that move backfired in a colossal way.

RegentCoverup
that's nuts..
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
imagine carrying out boxes of champagne all the way back to Washington
TenBears
Kind of like BU having pre made hats and shirts? Both sides do it, though it's awesome that we found out about it and used it as motivation.
beardoc
Curious as to how many cases were ordered. It sounds like a lot of champagne, even for Catholics.
boognish_bear
beardoc said:

Curious as to how many cases were ordered. It sounds like a lot of champagne, even for Catholics.

In the video Vital says it was 6 cases
TXBEAR_bf
Baylor doesnt make those shirts, the companies do. Loser shirts get sent to third world countries. I used to see Buffalo Bills World champion shirts when I traveled to South America, always did a double take thinking I missed their super bowl win.
whitetrash
TXBEAR_bf said:

Baylor doesnt make those shirts, the companies do. Loser shirts get sent to third world countries. I used to see Buffalo Bills World champion shirts when I traveled to South America, always did a double take thinking I missed their super bowl win.

I recall a similar story of a Philadelphia eagles player right after they lost the super bowl in 2004 making a mission trip to Africa and being greeted by a bunch of kids wearing Eagles Super Bowl Champs shirts.
DanaDane
Love Mark Vital.

Not buying any of it.

Sounds like something an assistant coach planted as motivation.
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
TXBEAR_bf said:

There most be a lot of OU football fans over there
BellCountyBear
notbubbleboy said:

Kind of like BU having pre made hats and shirts? Both sides do it, though it's awesome that we found out about it and used it as motivation.
Are you that new to how things work??
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BellCountyBear said:

notbubbleboy said:

Baylor people don't drink, don't smoke, and don't chase wild women. Especially don't drink champagne!!! At least that's how it was in 1985. LOL!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
SIC EM 94
notbubbleboy said:

Are you suggesting that Baylor pre-ordered champagne? If you are, you could not be more wrong.
DST
Mark is suggesting that Gonzaga's own players were responsible. No one's refuted him that I know of.
historian
notbubbleboy said:

Both sides might make hats & shirts. I don't think it's common for teams to order multiple cases of champagne. Celebrating before the game begins is putting the cart before the horse and that kind of overconfidence is a recipe for disaster. Hats & shirts are one thing, champagne is on a different level.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
EvilTroyAndAbed
DanaDane said:

Love Mark Vital.

Not buying any of it.

That's what I was thinking.
boognish_bear
DanaDane said:

Love Mark Vital.

Not buying any of it.

Give that assistant a game ball then
EvilTroyAndAbed
DST said:

Mark is suggesting that Gonzaga's own players were responsible. No one's refuted him that I know of.
The "no one has refuted it" is the weakest defense. You haven't denied that you're a serial killer. Therefore you very well might be.

Gonzaga just made a last second shot in OT over an 11 seed to get to the championship game. They were not thinking the next game would be a walk in the park. Maybe someone in the organization ordered them to be ready, but certainly not as disrespect. I'm sure the Yankees had champagne ready when they were up 3-0 on the Red Sox in the ALCS. Absolutely sure both teams have champagne ready in a Game 7 scenario.

But I really don't believe it, especially thinking it was from Zag players.
Jack Bauer
Gonzaga will be clothing needy children around the world with "Gonzaga Bulldogs - 2021 National Champions" attire.

God bless them!
jdrs
Glad our guys were motivated to dominate them.
Wineguy89
It makes for great urban legend whether really ordered by the Zags or planted as motivation by one of our Asst Coaches. Either way it sure as heck worked!!
Green&GoldStandard
TXBEAR_bf said:

Now Aggy has something else to hang at Pyle Field
Chamberman
CST Bear
No way would the NCAA allow the visual of kids (several whom are undoubtedly underage) celebrate with booze.

I'm sure our kids have done all sorts of partying by now...just hope it doesn't end up on Instagram though I don't blame them for a second for tying one on...or going on a month long bender after being holed up in Indy for a damn month!
ABC BEAR
Green&GoldStandard said:

TXBEAR_bf said:

Now Aggy has something else to hang at Pyle Field
Every time the aggies appropriate another national title in football, 10,000 kids get new shirts.
RegentCoverup
TXBEAR_bf said:

what are you saying?

Are you saying this legit Baylor Basketball shirt I bought in Mumbai is a FRAUD????

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ABC BEAR
Chamberman said:

That pretty much sums up Monday night for the Zags.....an empty glass.
TXBEAR_bf
That is greatness...horrible, but greatness all the same.
Yogi
I don't mind the Zags ordering champagne, but they sure should have sent it over to the Baylor locker room after halftime...
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
jrock42
Maybe the Gonzaga players were just trash talking saying the already bought them
BylrFan
CST Bear said:

No way would the NCAA allow the visual of kids (several whom are undoubtedly underage) celebrate with booze.

I'm sure our kids have done all sorts of partying by now...just hope it doesn't end up on Instagram though I don't blame them for a second for tying one on...or going on a month long bender after being holed up in Indy for a damn month!

texillian
Unless there's more to the story, I don't necessarily think there was anything wrong with Gonzaga ordering celebratory champagne for after the game.

Whatever it takes to get motivated. To compete at the highest levels, I think you've got to manufacture a bit to get/keep yourself motivated.

I found it fascinating in The Last Dance, the perceived slights that Michael Jordan would use to light a flame. This sounds like much the same.
RegentCoverup
TXBEAR_bf said:

That is greatness...horrible, but greatness all the same.
I went to India expecting something out of Indiana Jones. And boy did I get it.
historian
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BellCountyBear said:

notbubbleboy said:

Baylor people don't drink, don't smoke, and don't chase wild women. Especially don't drink champagne!!! At least that's how it was in 1985. LOL!!!

Oh, plenty of Baylor people did those things. It just wasn't in the open as much or as widely known.
historian
An article on the subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/ncaa-championship-news-gonzaga-disrespectful-act-motivated-baylor-in-title-game/amp/
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.