How Many Times Have You Watched THE GAME?

7,440 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Porteroso
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mark Vital had as many offensive rebounds in the first half as the other team did in the whole game!!!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
Butler forced Kispert to turn the ball over again.
historian
I watched it again before going on vacation and will probably watch again when I return.
Task Force 2015
NYLON!
DanaDane
"THEY JUST OWN THE WHITE SHIRTS" (followed by audible giggles)

Raftery, after Teague's 3 pointer puts us up 29-10.
LitigiOSO
"Early leads are very misleading." (not once, but twice during the game). SMH.
LitigiOSO
B.A. '92, J.D. '95
RegentCoverup
I'm probably at 15. But I'll catch up. The WacoTrib commemorative book arrived in the mail. That took up a few hours.

And yeah, I have 5 Baylor basketball shirts. I wear a running shirt or something on the weekends, give em a break.

I went to Best Buy for a small purchase and the look of death I received from some 150lb nerd in TCU gear was glorious.

But the support and acknowledgment I've received from other fans(even Villanova) has been excellent.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
Tiny Elvis
I think it was Hodge that recently posted a vid of every shot BU made in the tournament. I noticed that on the audio, Rafterymany, many times just let out a high-pitched "Wooo!" after we hit a big trey or threw down a big dunk. It'd be interesting to count up how many times he did that!
MJ Bear
Once. Just the one time live. It was an incredible game. I'll never forget the overwhelming sense of joy and pride in my school. That was enough. On to next year. Sic 'em!
RegentCoverup
I wish people could see how my phone buzzed from the first few minutes of the game on.

By 10 minutes in, the phone just kept a constant buzz. Sleeping after the game was impossible. Calls and texts from every time zone.. Friends, managers, former players from the Iba and Harry Miller years. My close friends know that I'm a dedicated Baylor basketball fan that bought tickets in Drew's first season and have traveled to road games in Phoenix, Kentucky, Atlanta just to name a few. It was humbling that a lot of gracious fans from Tech, K-State, Kentucky were congratulatory. That's respect.

So it was a cathartic experience for me because I believed from Day 1 that Drew could win it, seeing it happen brought nearly 20 years of hope to a crescendo.

Making the Elite 8 was enough for me, this was a crowning moment.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
historian
Watched it again a few days ago. Today I watched Villanova again & the Oral Roberts v Florida game. I'll probably watch the Gonzaga game again later in the week.
airforcebear
When I have had a really Sh*TTY day, I find myself watching at least a quarter of the game.. It does wonders for my soul/disposition...absolutely love it..and all the players. Vital is great to watch set a screen (Wham!) the whole team was a gift!!
historian
Watching 2020 game vs Texas Tech in Waco. I want to watch the Gonzaga-UCLA game too.
historian
Gonzaga v UCLA now

I've only watched the first few minutes but I can see how the Zags were forced to fight throughout the game. It should have been obvious that Gonzaga was no match for Baylor: UCLA barely made it into the tournament at all & they win it in overtime with a lucky buzzer beater. This is the kind of game Baylor played all season long (mostly) while the Zags were playing mostly cupcakes.
historian
"The perfect season is on life support."
historian
April 5, 2005 women's first natty.

Announcers sound like they want to cry for the Zags.

Drew clearing the bench.

Paterson's steal & finishing with the W.

Gonzaga "ran into a buzz saw."
historian
I know it's crazy but I'm watching again. And I watched it yesterday! I just hope we don't have too much drop off this in production Fall. We will have tons of talent & excellent coaching but limited experience. At least several players had some experience in the championship game. I expect Flagler will be great point guard.
historian
Gonzaga has no answer for Baylor!

"29-10!!!! Incredible!!!"

I think the tv announcers are in shock most of the game!
historian
Praising Thamba for his defense. Does anyone think he will become another Mitchell on defense? That's probably expecting too much but maybe he will be inspired & show some of that fire.

This game does not get old!
Gobearsone
Watched it again last night.
T-REX
I must admit that I have never gone back and watched it. I saw it live in person and I just haven't felt the need
historian
Not all of us were able to make it to Indianapolis for the game.
T-REX
historian said:

Not all of us were able to make it to Indianapolis for the game.
no way!!! I didn't know
Self Made Bear
Watched it for the first time tonight. The Vital block/Flagler 3 sequence will never get old.
historian
Watching it again now. This is do much fun-again!!!
historian
Just finished watching it again. It's so much fun hearing the TV announcers shock every time Baylor made a big play--which happened often.
Johnny Bear
Just finished watching it again myself. It never gets old. This last time I was really tuned into how we played on the defensive end which was incredible. It's like watching a vintage Saban Alabama football team play defense.
Louise Romano
Classic case defesa win championships. No let Gonzaga half-court offense. Midyear game Suggs would foul out. Not sure foul on Thamba vs Suggs real or best one Mitchell tap ball from Suggs who uses both, not one, both arms push off and get lay up.
historian
The officials seemed to make several questionable calls that favored Gonzaga. It didn't matter, Baylor still owned them all. Maybe the refs were also shocked by how dominating the Bears were!
Johnny Bear
historian said:

The officials seemed to make several questionable calls that favored Gonzaga. It didn't matter, Baylor still owned them all. Maybe the refs were also shocked by how dominating the Bears were!

To be fair, there were some questionable calls both ways (I thought Suggs first foul on the charge call could've easily been called a blocking foul on Mitchell as an example) but it's also true the net benefit went to the Zags overall. Had it been a close game as predicted that might've wound up being the difference, but it wasn't and we were so dominating there was no way the refs were going to save them.
historian
True. I just compare the number of teams each team made it to the free throw line. Also, I remember hearing over & over about foul called on one of our guys when it looked like there was nothing there. The best example was the blocking foul on Everyday Jon that even the announcers thought was clean.

Beyond the fouls there were other calls. I remember a Baylor turnover when they said the ball was tipped but it seemed pretty clear that it wasn't.

In the end, it doesn't matter: we still won big.
Task Force 2015
Another good example was a foul on Flagler when it should have been called a jump ball.The announcers,Drew and I thought it was a bad call.
historian
Good call. The TV announcers thought so too.
historian
Just finished watching 2012 Baylor vs K State football. It's not the same as winning a natty but it's still fun to watch our team beat #1!

As I get ready for football season, there are a few more old games I need to watch.
Louise Romano
90+
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.