Will our men's team be invited to the White House to be with the President?

6,015 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BUbackerinET
Hotsauce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not going to bother reading this thread, but from just glancing at it...even its existence...is pretty pathetic.

Like, we get to experience the highest of highs as college sports fans...and some of you instantly want to bring it back to partisan politics?! Ughhh. Sad.
tombeaux
Of course the Bears will be invited. It has zero to do with politics (and if it did, you might have noticed that the current White House resident is actually religious, unlike the grifting blob who stained the place before).
Beaneater
take it to r&p boys
basketball!
Johnny Bear
tombeaux said:

Of course the Bears will be invited. It has zero to do with politics (and if it did, you might have noticed that the current White House resident is actually religious, unlike the grifting blob who stained the place before).

You bet. (LMAO!!!!).
BikerBear
historian said:

With the Left nowadays, everything is political. Look at what they've done to the NFL, NBA, most sports at all levels, Oscars (& other awards shows), movies, TV shows, news media, legal profession, music, medical profession, the pandemic, anyone with any claim to celebrity, etc. The list goes on, seemingly forever.
Have you given any thought to the fact that the outlier here might be you!
historian
No doubt it is in some respects. We are all unique individuals. That does not alter my point at all.
stripedsand
Basically his point is if you happen to be an outlier you're probably wrong. That makes it ok to attack, demonize, and silence differing beliefs. I can't think of a time where this line of thinking has turned out poorly.
historian
I wasn't attacking anybody. Just making an observation.
BaylorOkie
Fortunately, our coaches and players won't make it a political mess, but rather accept the invitation with gratitude and show the occasion the respect it deserves.
stripedsand
I was agreeing with your point and talking about the guy who called you an outlier.
DS Bear
If they aren't going to the White House, it would be great if GWB had them all out to Crawford for a fish fry this summer. They give him a #43 jersey and he gives them a portrait he painted of Scott Drew with the net around his neck. That would be a cool compromise, fairly a-political and less expensive as it's right in the neighborhood.
historian
stripedsand said:

I was agreeing with your point and talking about the guy who called you an outlier.
Thank you for the clarification. I just misunderstood.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
From a personal standpoint, I think Joe Biden is an embarrassment and I am truly ashamed he is our President.

As far as our team getting invited to the White House, if it happens, our team should embrace it and do it. This meeting is about the Baylor Men's Championship basketball team. Not Dementia Joe. Hope he can find the bathroom.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Johnny Bear
DS Bear said:

If they aren't going to the White House, it would be great if GWB had them all out to Crawford for a fish fry this summer. They give him a #43 jersey and he gives them a portrait he painted of Scott Drew with the net around his neck. That would be a cool compromise, fairly a-political and less expensive as it's right in the neighborhood.

What you're getting at has already been accomplished by Governor Abbott hosting them in Austin. If the White House thing doesn't happen, at least they got that.
Method Man
I hope they get invited.

It would be an awesome visual for the Baylor Basketball trophy case to have National Championship Portraits with each of our National Titles teams posing with the last 4 Presidents: Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden.
BUbackerinET
Teleprompter hasn't helped recently...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.