Gillespie gets 2-year deal with Raptors

2,539 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by gobears20
lakersfan34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Made my day!!
BearFan33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Awesome. What a dream come true for Freddie
Jayman1963
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From DIII to the NBA - hard work does pay off! Congrats Freddie!!
CNC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thats incredible. Congrats FG
vanillabryce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ballllllllin'
jdrs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So happy for him!
gold rewards
How long do you want to ignore this user?
outstanding!
texillian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So very glad to hear this!
Stefano DiMera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Of all of our players whove made it...if you had told me 3 years ago Freddie wouldve id called you crazy...
JP1037
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Gillespie is a certified quintuple threat Scoring/Rebounding/Defense/Singing/Dancing...

Alf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stefano DiMera said:

Of all of our players whove made it...if you had told me 3 years ago Freddie wouldve id called you crazy...

Yep, I remember the first game that I saw him play against Kansas after Tristan got hurt. He looked completely lost on the court.
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jayman1963 said:

From DIII to the NBA - hard work does pay off! Congrats Freddie!!


boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Such a great young man and great rep for BU

OsoVerde
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any numbers reported on the deal?
Chamberman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sic 'em Freddie!!!!!
DST
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's huge! Congrats, Freddie!
Hotsauce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not easy to earn a full contract while on a 10-day! Good job, Freddie!
Mitch Henessey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alf said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Of all of our players whove made it...if you had told me 3 years ago Freddie wouldve id called you crazy...

Yep, I remember the first game that I saw him play against Kansas after Tristan got hurt. He looked completely lost on the court.
Yep. I think I posted on this very board after that game that, while I loved his story, he wasn't a D1 player.

Shows you my talent evaluation chops. Let it never, ever, ever be said again that Scott Drew and staff aren't elite developers of talent.
Timbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really happy for Freddie.
lawmaker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Around total 2.8. million is my guess. NBA min salary for players with 0 years is 898k
Texasjeremy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hotsauce said:

Not easy to earn a full contract while on a 10-day! Good job, Freddie!
He had just finished his 2nd 10 day contract. The Raptors had to sign him at least through the end of the season or let him go.
Texasjeremy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OsoVerde said:

Any numbers reported on the deal?
His salary is guaranteed through the end of the season, giving him $239,959 (including the two 10 day contracts).

2021-22 - $1,517,981 (not guaranteed)
2022-23 - $2,086,476 (qualifying offer)
Texasjeremy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BAYLOR PLAYER EARNINGS

2020-21
$12.3M - Taurean Prince (Nets/Cavaliers)
$8.5M - Royce O'Neale (Jazz)
$240K - Freddie Gillespie (Raptors)

2021-22
$13.0M - Taurean Prince (Cavaliers)
$8.8M - Royce O'Neale (Jazz)
$1.5M - Freddie Gillespie (Raptors) - Not guaranteed

2022-23
$9.2M - Royce O'Neale (Jazz)
$2.1M - Freddie Gillespie (Raptors) - Qualifying Offer

2023-24
$9.5M - Royce O'Neale (Jazz) - Partially guaranteed ($2.5M)
TellMeYouLoveMe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Freddie will do well on and off the court. Even if it only lasts two years, he can get paid in Europe. If he'll save for 5-7 years, he'll be just fine.

Sic'Em Fred.


Also, I hope Taurean gets a dog trainer.

Also, Also, Royce O'Neal is rich! woohoo
but I sure as hell know plenty of them and I talk to them a lot, including during the search. And NOTHING was leaked.
OsoVerde
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texasjeremy said:

OsoVerde said:

Any numbers reported on the deal?
His salary is guaranteed through the end of the season, giving him $239,959 (including the two 10 day contracts).

2021-22 - $1,517,981 (not guaranteed)
2022-23 - $2,086,476 (qualifying offer)


Thanks!


historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hotsauce said:

Not easy to earn a full contract while on a 10-day! Good job, Freddie!


I think he had a second 10 day contract. Clearly that was a good sign.
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff


Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
Greenbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you Scott and Coach Tang. Thank you Freddie. It is a new day for Baylor's men's basketball. Picking up Dale Bonner today, Drew says that he is a "high character guy with a great work ethic". He is also a really talented basketball player. Drew goes to a DIII school to get the player he wants and says he was "targeted".

Scott Drew is leading the way and doing it right. Freddie is an example of that, but Freddie should get the credit and the reward. Very proud of this young man.
Jacques Strap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you gobears20 for posting the tweets & highlights. I don''t have time to watch full NBA games but enjoy your highlights and following FG's career success.
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mitch Henessey said:

Alf said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Of all of our players whove made it...if you had told me 3 years ago Freddie wouldve id called you crazy...

Yep, I remember the first game that I saw him play against Kansas after Tristan got hurt. He looked completely lost on the court.
Yep. I think I posted on this very board after that game that, while I loved his story, he wasn't a D1 player.

Shows you my talent evaluation chops. Let it never, ever, ever be said again that Scott Drew and staff aren't elite developers of talent.

My brother told me the same thing. I told him I liked his defensive positioning.

I never in a million years thought he'd become a quality starting caliber player in the Big 12, though, much less a rotation player in the NBA.
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's so great to see Freddie having such success! It's good for Baylor & good for him.
Jacques Strap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacques Strap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
May 11
F. Gillespie
25 minutes
10 points
4-6 FG
2-2 FT
7 Reb
1 steal
3 blocks
1 TO

boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.