The 2021-22 Dave Campbell's Texas Basketball Magazine cover

1,889 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Johnny Bear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
CTbruin
It's obvious this is no longer a Dave Campbell publication.

cows on the cover? Who won the NC?
Proud 1992 Alum
I was wondering what they would do this year. In their defense, the last 2 years the covers were Lauren Cox and Lady Bears (2019) and Baylor Bears foursome (2020). At least they didn't put Beard on the cover.
historian
These magazines are always previews of the upcoming season & Texas is getting all the media buzz. This could be to our advantage as our guys prove them wrong, again.
vanillabryce
Would've been better to feature Baylor and UH… could've done a Once and Future King reference. Or something about Texas two step…

setshot
Jones is a quality player, a bit inconsistent, but I am not sure why he deserved to be featured on the cover of Texas Basketball. I suppose he is as deserving as any other college player in the state.
historian
He's got real talent, no question. Maybe some of it is sympathy for his past health issues or admiration for how he fought cancer. I know he got lots of praise for his toughness in that fight, probably deserved.
Johnny Bear
CTbruin said:

It's obvious this is no longer a Dave Campbell publication.

cows on the cover? Who won the NC?

And who lost to Abilene Christian in the first round?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.