Big 12 happenings

643,390 Views | 3754 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by slimecap
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BuinmyBlood said:

SirBearALot said:

But Baylor lost three starters and half of the scoring production. Had to find the right combinations and pieces and parts. Took some time to get team going cohesively. She should get recognition for that ?
Definitely agree. In truth, Baylor's preseason ranking of #4 was probably a bit lofty considering our key losses going into this season. We probably should have started out at about #6, IMO. So, at our current ranking, we really basically have just met expectations relative to where I think we should have started the season.

Of course the "Covid loss" to Iowa State proved to be a bit of a blow for us, and we were just not cohesive enough early in the season to deal with the offensive firepower of the guards/system at Arkansas early on...
Uconn took an L from Arkansas as well...
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4th and Inches said:

BuinmyBlood said:

SirBearALot said:

But Baylor lost three starters and half of the scoring production. Had to find the right combinations and pieces and parts. Took some time to get team going cohesively. She should get recognition for that ?
Definitely agree. In truth, Baylor's preseason ranking of #4 was probably a bit lofty considering our key losses going into this season. We probably should have started out at about #6, IMO. So, at our current ranking, we really basically have just met expectations relative to where I think we should have started the season.

Of course the "Covid loss" to Iowa State proved to be a bit of a blow for us, and we were just not cohesive enough early in the season to deal with the offensive firepower of the guards/system at Arkansas early on...
Uconn took an L from Arkansas as well...


Ummm...Arkysows lose in the opening round of the SEC tournament to 4-10 Ole Miss.
bawitdaball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash said:

4th and Inches said:

BuinmyBlood said:

SirBearALot said:

But Baylor lost three starters and half of the scoring production. Had to find the right combinations and pieces and parts. Took some time to get team going cohesively. She should get recognition for that ?
Definitely agree. In truth, Baylor's preseason ranking of #4 was probably a bit lofty considering our key losses going into this season. We probably should have started out at about #6, IMO. So, at our current ranking, we really basically have just met expectations relative to where I think we should have started the season.

Of course the "Covid loss" to Iowa State proved to be a bit of a blow for us, and we were just not cohesive enough early in the season to deal with the offensive firepower of the guards/system at Arkansas early on...
Uconn took an L from Arkansas as well...


Ummm...Arkysows lose in the opening round of the SEC tournament to 4-10 Ole Miss.


They've lost all season. They play in an overhyped and over ranked conference. When you are over ranked and lose to an over ranked opponent you don't fall because of the illusion of your opponent. PAC-12 has benefited from this for the last few years. This year. It's the SEC. Arkansas can beat and lose to anyone on any given day. We play them now and we win by double digits.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

15-1 Baylor
13-4 West Virginia
13-5 Oklahoma State
12-6 Iowa State
10-7 Texas
8-9 Oklahoma
5-13 Texas Tech
4-13 TCU
3-14 Kansas State
3-14 Kansas
SirBearALot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oregon lost again to Oregon State, I think Oregon State has beat them two out of three times this year. Same principle of being overhyped has led to them having team ranked that should not have been.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kansas HC Brandon Schneider Postgame Comments vs Baylor
https://kuathletics.com/schneider-postgame-comments-following-game-against-baylor/
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Adios Austin

blueeyedbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:

Kansas HC Brandon Schneider Postgame Comments vs Baylor
https://kuathletics.com/schneider-postgame-comments-following-game-against-baylor/
CKM did not have anything to say about the game she did not want to play ???
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:


Adios Austin


slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

16-1 Baylor
13-4 West Virginia
13-5 Oklahoma State
12-6 Iowa State
11-7 Texas
9-9 Oklahoma
5-13 Texas Tech
4-14 TCU
3-15 Kansas State
3-15 Kansas
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:


Just win baby!
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BIG 12 Tournament Bracket
https://big12sports.com/documents/2021/3/8//B12_WBB_CHAMP_BRACKET.pdf?id=6082
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for sharing. I was looking for this and not finding.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Top 30 NCAA women's basketball teams generating the most interactions
on official social accounts (IG+TW+FB) in February 2021.

slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


8 unranked women's basketball teams to keep an eye on this March

OKLAHOMA STATE
The Cowgirls are one of the best defensive teams in the nation. Oklahoma State is ranked No. 1 in blocked shots (165), top 20 in steals (217) and ranked in the top 40 in field-goal percentage defense. That's credit to Naismith Defensive Player of the Year finalist Natasha Mack hosting a block party in the paint. Mack leads the nation with 97 blocks. Not only is Oklahoma State elite on the defensive end, they are No. 13 in the country in rebounds. That attention also draws back to Mack, who's ranked No. 7 nationally in rebounds per game. The Cowgirls have big wins over Big 12 foes West Virginia, Texas and Iowa State this season. Watch out for this team.

- Autumn Johnson, ncaa.com, 3 Mar 2021
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KSt up 5 on WV with 45 seconds left and WV scores the last 7 points of the game to win.
BuinmyBlood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Actually their collapse was even worse than that. Kansas state had an 8 point lead with 1:13 left, and managed to turn the ball over enough times for West Virginia to come all the way back and make a final layup off another steal with 2 seconds left to win the game by 2.

West Virginia seems to be Kansas state's kryptonite. Earlier in the year Kansas state had a 12 point lead with about 3 minutes left in the game. West Virginia put the full court press on them and outscored them 21-0, to end up winning the game by 9. Kansas state's guards just are not good ball handlers at all and are susceptible to easy steals when under pressure. Cost them both those games that should have easily been won by even average guard play...
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


WBB Single-Game Big 12 Championship Records Set

14 Most Free Throws made without a miss
41 Most Defensive Rebounds
33 Most Points scored in a quarter (in 4th)
37 3rd largest Point Spread in a game
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NCAA NET RANKINGS
through games March 13, 2021

1 Stanford
2 UConn
3 Baylor
4 South Carolina
5 Maryland
6 Louisville
7 North Carolina State
8 UCLA
9 Indiana
10 Oregon
11 Texas A&M
12 Rutgers
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When is our next game?
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So someone help me understand if tournament selection folks go by NET rankings why we not #1 seed?
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.