Hailey Van Lith commits to LSU per ESPN.

6,371 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by BUGWBBear
Jacques Strap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearFan33 said:

Jacques Strap said:

LSU posted that HVL signed for $518,000 in a message touting the NIL deals female athletes at LSU are getting
If that is true top lady basketball players will stay in college as long as possible. They would take a pay cut in the WNBA.

The numbers seem kind of crazy but this was from a site called Colleg Sports Only. May or may not be accurate but I've seen the same numbers elsewhere. Why go pro when pulling these kind of numbers? Does LSU have a fan base bigger than the entire WNBA fan base? It just might.

sicem45
BearFan33 said:

Jacques Strap said:

LSU posted that HVL signed for $518,000 in a message touting the NIL deals female athletes at LSU are getting
If that is true top lady basketball players will stay in college as long as possible. They would take a pay cut in the WNBA.
Well we are almost done with all the '5th years' and then we will be back to our normal scheduled programming with everyone just playing 4 years
Jorkel
Jacques Strap said:

BearFan33 said:

Jacques Strap said:

The numbers seem kind of crazy but this was from a site called Colleg Sports Only. May or may not be accurate but I've seen the same numbers elsewhere. Why go pro when pulling these kind of numbers? Does LSU have a fan base bigger than the entire WNBA fan base? It just might.

Probably because they could potentially pull these same NIL deals as a pro and make the pro salary. They have already established themselves as a social media force. That will carry them after college life too
airforcebear
I took the bait and watched the Rotary Club video with KM. I would give it a 10 out of 10 for producing nausea and also curing constipation. Sorry...like an ex-wife. And for those who criticize me, DILLIGAF!!
BUGWBBear
bawitdaball said:

To be fair, I said this multiple times that Mulkey was at Baylor and got blasted for it. During her tenure, she had some amazing players and some amazing teams, But Brown, Cox, even Sims were not fully prepared for the next level because of the style of play she preferred on the court. I do think Mulkey has transitioned and adapted a bit, but only Griner and, for a bit of time, Young, made a lasting impact at the next level. There was a reason for that. The two games are drastically different. I still think that is what continues to put UCONN at the top of the recruiting rankings every year, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Geno knows how to cultivate a winning program at college while still allowing for a seamless transition to the next level. Maybe Smith and Queen will right the ship and show that CNC can assist with that transition.

The post by Morris was't meant to be a call out to Mulkey, but it will be perceived by that. And if she doesn't make the roster, which I highly doubt she will given the immense talent on that team, it won't age well for anyone involved.

Kim turned 61 today, so I guess this a present.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.