Why did you pick your user name?

5,762 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Task Force 2015
Bone Squad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Someone expressed general curiosity in another thread about what everyone's user names mean. With no basketball games to watch for a few months, it seemed like an interesting enough topic.

Of course, if your name is special and private to you, or you think you would be revealing too much information to answer, then by all means, don't feel pressured. But for anyone who wants to participate, knock your socks off.
Bone Squad
My name, Bone Squad, is another name for the trombone section in BUGWB, of which I was a member many moons ago.
IowaBear
Mines probably easy to figure out. Born and raised in Iowa. Even graduated from ISU. But have been a Bear fan since I was around 8
DanaDane
Bone Squad said:

My name, Bone Squad, is another name for the trombone section in BUGWB, of which I was a member many moons ago.
That is too funny. I honestly thought you were Bone Squad because you were a UConn fan (the Boneyard) who loved women's basketball and so you took an interest in Baylor because we were one of the power programs in women's basketball. I seriously didn't know your story until now.

Thank you for sharing that.
blackie
"blackie" was a beloved medium-sized black lab mix that we got out of an animal shelter when he was seven years old. We have gotten several dogs in this manner, but I think he seemed the most grateful dog to have been "rescued" that we have ever had. I don't think he was in high demand because they thought he had heartworms....which he did not, and because of his age. He died at home years later from what we are guessing was a stroke.

We had a full length mirror adjacent to our sink mirror at a right angle. I could be looking in my mirror getting ready for bed and see the reflection of him looking up at me from behind waiting for his late night snack before going to bed. I will never forget that image. He was a great friend and a good dog.
baylorbear33
Mine is fairly bland - baylorbear for obvious reasons and the number 33 because that is a special number for me. I wore that number my entire basketball career (until I got to Baylor because another player was already wearing it). Fun fact: My son, and only child, was born on 3/3, so I feel like the stars aligned with that one.
Bone Squad
Ha ha. Closer to the opposite. I occasionally read threads at the Boneyard since they are an elite program, and in general they don't fall into unwarranted bashing of other schools. But I am a Baylor grad and fan, so my loyalties are all green and gold!

SSadler
Mine was chosen during a rant on other boards about posters trying to hide behind screen names. I decided full disclosure was the way to go. If I post it, I own it--the good, the notsogood, and the downright foolish.

Steve Sadler
roadrunner
I post infrequently, but someone might be interested in my handle. My high school mascot in Memphis, Tennessee was the roadrunner where I played basketball for a couple of years in the old days of 6 on 6. Also I burn up I35 between Dallas and Waco attending almost all BU WBB home games. I can be found at the road games at TCU and TTU and in KC at the Big 12 tourney. Although I am an SMU alum, I am all in on BU WBB!
SMU grad, Baylor women’s basketball enthusiast
canoso
My hair used to be a color.
Miner1973a
My name represents my college (Colorado School of Mines) and my graduation year.
lookin4awin
Baylor grad parents and a Baylor grad myself in the 70's, I have endured lots of famine seasons.

As a result, I am always lookin4awin.
57Bear
Does 57Bear require an explanation?
Polarbear
I'm a Baylor alum, daughter is a Baylor student. We live way up north, in WI, although I've never seen a polar bear outside the zoo.
Alan Lefever
My Mom picked it for me…
curtpenn
canoso said:

My hair used to be a color.

I used to have hair.
beardoc
BU '78
BCM '82

so.....
BUVA
I was living in VA when I joined the forum.
uglytobone
My first AOL username selected because every other name I picked was already taken. Had just read a Louis Grizzard article about how ugly was to the bone.
whitetrash
I first signed up for BaylorFans while working in the office on a Saturday afternoon, December 19, 1998, and listening to the House vote to impeach Clinton. I wanted an alter ego that was pretty much diametrically opposite my persona, and seeing that the Clinton era was the epitome of "Whitetrash nation", there you go.
DFW Bill
DFW Bill, was selected because that's my name and I live in the DFW metroplex. Also my name on the former site, Baylorfans. Long time WBB season ticket holder. I did not attend Baylor, neither did any relatives, however many friends did.
BikerBear
One of my great passions is sailing, which I learned at Baylor......a Baylor canoeing and sailing class, but Sailor Bear was sort of taken. :-) About the time I started on Baylor Fans, I was riding Harleys, so BikerBear came sort of naturally. I sold my last bike about 2010, but as every biker knows, you have either had an accident or you are going to have an accident. Mine was on IH35 at 65 miles an hour. A dog came out from the median, and I hit it full speed, the front wheel exploded, and I rolled off the bike. The bike bounced up into the oncoming lane and burst into flame. It was an almost new Road King with about 500 miles on it. I was star flighted to Scott and White hospital, where they were pretty sure I was a goner, but I survived with just a metal splint in my leg. My screen name always reminds me of the day I got another chance at life.
ScottS
Mine is based on my name.
joseywales
Favorite western movie by far...
baylor1984
Year I graduated from Baylor.
74Bear
Year I graduated
SteamedHams
DanaDane
Oops. Commented earlier but didn't answer the question as it relates to me.

My dad is involved in the music industry and one of the performers his management team promoted was a rapper in the 1980s named Dana Dane. He and my mom tell me that I always liked to dance a lot when I was a young kid. It reminded him of Dana Dane and my real first name is Daniel so I guess with a play on words he started calling me that and the nickname stuck.
parkiebear
Multiple generations of Baylor grads in my family; University Park resident.
KIA
KIA is an acronym for "Know It All".

When I first started on this forum I don't think 'Baylor Fans' was even the name of the site. I was young and arrogant. I really did think I knew everything. I've aged and have become aware of how little I know. The young and arrogant are now a reminder of how absurd I used to be.
4yrletterbear
Four year letterman in Football at BU
BUatbirth
Both parents Baylor grads. When I was born they both agreed that I could pick Baylor

I did, so did my daughter.
Dcheetah
DCheetah

I used to be fast but not that fast. Name comes from my once toddler sons stuffed cheetah he used to carry around everywhere - Daddy Cheetah!
SSadler
As with A.Lefever and others, my parents named me. I just made the simple decision to use it as online handle.

S(teve) Sadler
BluesBear

Born and raised in Chicago. Known to have a potty mouth, bad attitude and anti government..clip sums it up. :

oh, and I went to a private school....
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.