Top 6 big 12, 2023-24

1,873 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by 12au
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Projected top 6 in big 12 23/24

My list

Baylor
Texas
Kansas st.
OU
Iowa st
Kansas

Where did I go wrong? Or what is ur projection?

This thread is about Bu and big 12 only rankings; please keep it focused

Dr. J
I'm putting TCU somewhere in the Top 4. They picked up a lot of decent players in the portal and I think that OU and ISU lost too much talent to make a ripple this year.
baylorbear33
I also believe TCU will need a spot - possibly Top 3 in the Big 12 given their portal pickups, including our very own Jaden Owens.
fredbear
Time may prove me wrong, but I think it's too early for that froggy leap of faith. Sorry couldn't stop myself.
74Bear
Obviously just a guess but I like Fred's list but would put TCU behind OU.
IowaBear
B12 is going to be incredibly weak this season. It's going to be Baylor and Texas imo and everyone else a distant 3-12. Expecting lots of blowouts
franke
IowaBear said:

B12 is going to be incredibly weak this season. It's going to be Baylor and Texas imo and everyone else a distant 3-12. Expecting lots of blowouts
Truly not very good. UH and BYU are thes best newbies coming in and they are average at best. Kansas and TCU are on the rise, but still average. Kansas State was terrible last year and will get somewhat better if Lee is healthy. Everyone else got worse. Texas and Baylor should dominate.
IowaBear
Yup the league just isn't very good right now. It's going to be incredibly weak when OUT leaves. BU should dominate the league going forward
BUatbirth
Yep, definitely a down year overall. With a healthy Lee, I'd swap KSt with TU and put TCU ahead of OU
We SHOULD dominate
WestTexSand
With their super seniors gone, OU should take a dive next season. ISU appears to be in dissarray.
I've noticed that TTech has picked up several transfers, but they have a long ways to travel to reach the top tier.
Horns and Bears appear to have the strongest squads.
12au
I'm not going to order them... my best guess for the teams in the top 6 is:

Baylor
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
TCU
Texas
West Virginia

I think the league will be similar to this year with the current members--mostly solid opponents night to night. No walkovers. On aggregate the conference quality will go down though w/ new members: Houston, BYU, Cincinnati, and UCF.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.