Audi Crooks vs. Brittney Griner

1,009 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Adriacus Peratuun
Vae Victis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone think Crooks would score much against Brittney? I don't.
Brusinbear2001
BG is one of the best centers of all time I do not think she could but Audi is a great player, she is unique and so it is hard to prep for a player like that.
BUVA
Brink shut her down tonight...10 points before fouling out. She's going to give us headaches for a few more years!
Chibears2
But that was a seasoned veteran vs a freshman. And 10 points isn't nothing for a team that can put it in the bucket from behind the three point line pretty consistently. The hard thing was Crooks had three opportunities under the basket at end of game/OT to give ISU the lead and missed all three fairly easy shots, I'd say due to fatigue. Her basketball fitness will improve over the off season and those misses will fuel her. She's going to be one tough cookie to handle over the upcoming years.

But she's not Griner, and really that's a bit of an unfair ask. She just needs to be a very good Crooks.
Bone Squad
As pointed out, Crooks is a freshman. It's too early to evaluate how she would stack up against all-time great centers. In any case, the more obvious comparison to make for her is not Griner but Courtney Paris.
baylor1984
Will be interesting to see how Lety develops and I would like to see her on Crooks.
BUVA
Iowa State is going to be a force to deal with in the next few years. After the exodus of many players last year--including a Joens sibling--I thought it would take a season or two to recharge. Bill Fennelly struck gold with freshmen Crooks, Addy Brown, Jaclyn Bristow, Ariana Jackson, and the latest Joens, Jocelyn. Future is bright for them and challenging for rest of Big12.
Adriacus Peratuun
Vae Victis said:

Anyone think Crooks would score much against Brittney? I don't.
How well did Courtney Paris do in the WNBA?

How well has Griner done in the WNBA?

Crooks is a slightly less athletic version of Paris.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.