USC has great size and a super star freshman

1,793 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Dcheetah
ChapBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reminds me of Texas except USCs guards are bigger. Kansas could not keep them off the boards. USC has 5 losses on the year which is the amount we should have had. Must play our best game of the season to win this one.
ladybears4eva
Southern Cal has great guards.

I wonder which teams on the schedule would be good comparisons.

Im thinking KSU, Texas, Utah?

Watkins is a true mismatch. Tall, volume shooter.

Defense will be key. Im guess Coach Gottlieb will go straight to our paint weakness, or post height disadvantage.

If we are not shooting well from deep, we will struggle to score.

I hope they practice shooting , defense, and rebounding this week.

I also have a fantasy that Letty gets some playing time, or any post above 6'2 plays some minutes.

Any thoughts?

LitigiOSO
ladybears4eva said:

Southern Cal has great guards.

I wonder which teams on the schedule would be good comparisons.

Im thinking KSU, Texas, Utah?

Watkins is a true mismatch. Tall, volume shooter.

Defense will be key. Im guess Coach Gottlieb will go straight to our paint weakness, or post height disadvantage.

If we are not shooting well from deep, we will struggle to score.

I hope they practice shooting , defense, and rebounding this week.

I also have a fantasy that Letty gets some playing time, or any post above 6'2 plays some minutes.

Any thoughts?

"I also have a fantasy that Letty gets some playing time, or any post above 6'2 plays some minutes."

I hope so, too.
LitigiOSO
B.A. '92, J.D. '95
Easy Money
Texas by a Texas mile
Easy Money
Letty must wait .. she's miles away from being prepared to play .
Physically 2-3 years
Brusinbear2001
but then you look at USC and their losses the little guards of Arizona and the smaller crafty post play of Utah is what caused them to lose. So i think our staff ends up looking at those games taking a mix of what allowed those teams to be effective to create our plan.
Wbbfan365
Their last game stats against kansas

Some key things i think will help us succeed:

Juju watkins- force her left and have people help on her, she likes to go hard to the rim then pull up for the jumper, just try to play your best defense on her. BOX JUJU OUT DO NOT LET HER GET DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS, ONCE SHES GET IT ITS JETS ON.

M Forbes- do not let her shoot the ball, if you go under a screen on her shes splashing the three so easy. You gotta fight over screens or switch quick. If juju gets her points, it would be totally nice if we can shut forbes down

Rayah Marshall- we gotta force her to shoot shots, that she doesn't normally take.

Padilla- with people helping on juju and marshall, it sometimes leave padilla wide open on the three for open shots, and she usually makes them. So we gotta play quick and smart with helping off her and running back.
KIA
USC is a high volume 3 point shooting team. We play solid 3 point defense. If we can find a way to guard Watkins and play up to our standard on 3's, we could match up well. Scoring on them however, will be difficult. We have to hit contested shots.
Brusinbear2001
they foul a lot on drivers, i think we will have to get them in foul trouble and also play a lot in transition.
SirBearALot
Brusinbear2001 said:

they foul a lot on drivers, i think we will have to get them in foul trouble and also play a lot in transition.

Which means we have to hit FF...
ScottS
We will need to bring our A game to win.
ScottS
Their scoring seems to be mostly among a couple of players. Would it make sense to double team these players?
Brusinbear2001
yeah we are either all or nothing on free throws as a team
Dcheetah
We were 5 of 18 from 3 and 16 of 25 at FT line and won vs V Tech. Have to improve both to have a solid chance vs USC.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.