Chou to UCLA

4,328 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bone Squad
ctxbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://instagr.am/p/BkD3M3ol52d

Hairy Bear
Best of luck to a very talented and very deserving young lady.
Bone Squad
It's almost as if we traded Chou for Morris.

For my part, I hope both get better and better and end up in the WNBA.
WacoKelly83
Congrats Natalie. That picture looks kinda weird. Her head appears to be placed onto what appears to be a generic cartoon body. Did she not visit UCLA in person? Or did they just forget to get her to pose in uniform?
WacoKelly83
But heck, I'm no expert on Photoshop
HoustonBear15
WacoKelly83 said:

Congrats Natalie. That picture looks kinda weird. Her head appears to be placed onto what appears to be a generic cartoon body. Did she not visit UCLA in person? Or did they just forget to get her to pose in uniform?
I think those are her arms and they just photoshopped the jersey onto an old picture.
AirBear
Good luck to Natalie. I wish her much success unless she plays our Bears!

4th and Inches
HoustonBear15 said:

WacoKelly83 said:

I think those are her arms and they just photoshopped the jersey onto an old picture.
agreed
geewago
Hopefully she'll score more "PLAYING FOR" UCLA than she did "PLAYING AGAINST" them.
RealLarryDon
Meh. UCLA already has two good guards. Occasionally, a 5 star will turn out to be a complete flop, even though that 5 star may be a great person. This is one of those times.
MrGolfguy
Natalie Chou is far from "a complete flop"; it is clear you know not of what you speak.
geewago
I not only root for the Lady Bears but I am also a fan of the Iowa State Twister Sisters. I sure wish the Clones could get some "FLOPS" as good as Natalie Chou and Imani Wright and Iesha Small and Bre Bre Hayden etc etc etc.
zt1014
Geez some of you a salty. We have so much talent, and if playing time is more important to her than winning championships then let her go. These young 18-22 year olds who are still trying to figure life out for themselves.
mimi25408
I think UCLA fits better for Natalie. She never really lived up to the hype at Baylor. I will still root for her for a new beginning . When the rumor was first released that a starter would transfer i automatically knew it was Natalie. I feared now that juicy had gotten in to her rhythm and turned out to be a little more consistant than her figured she would transfer. But i hope she will flourish there. I know Natalie is gonna but we got to much talent to weep about it. I guarantee that one of those freshman will be just as good or better than Natalie.
bowdedg
mimi25408 said:

I think UCLA fits better for Natalie. She never really lived up to the hype at Baylor. I will still root for her for a new beginning . When the rumor was first released that a starter would transfer i automatically knew it was Natalie. I feared now that juicy had gotten in to her rhythm and turned out to be a little more consistant than her figured she would transfer. But i hope she will flourish there. I know Natalie is gonna but we got to much talent to weep about it. I guarantee that one of those freshman will be just as good or better than Natalie.
I'm counting on at least 2 of them....
zt1014
I love the mindset. I think just as she was catching her stride she went into that shooting slump and then got hurt. I actually thought she did more for us in different ways than others gave her credit for. Sad to see her go, but happy that she found a new home. Good luck to her and may she do well unless she plays against Baylor.
Bone Squad
zt1014 said:

I think just as she was catching her stride she went into that shooting slump and then got hurt. I actually thought she did more for us in different ways than others gave her credit for.
I agree. I believe she would have gotten out of the slump if it had not been for her injury. Her shootings stats were actually not that bad when averaged across the season, but when she was off, she was a lot off. Still, I appreciated that she played good defense, got in the passing lanes, hustled for rebounds, and toward the end of the slump was making a bigger point of getting the ball inside and scoring that way.

Comparing her, for instance, to Iesha Small, I thought that Chou did a good job of finding a way to contribute, and that she was going to work through the struggles she faced, gaining more and more confidence over time. With Small, I just never saw anything in her to suggest she could compete if she was not the most athletic person on the court. But Chou's injury coincided with Juicy starting to play out of her mind, and that just happened to be a real bad combination of events for Chou.

The team will be just fine without her, but I had high hopes for her, and I believe UCLA is getting a major bonus.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.