Chloe Jackson

17,020 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
Chibears2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chloe's addition to this team might have been the piece to put us over the top. She's a fierce competitor, she's basketball intelligent, she has maturity, her hand on the reins of this team is steady and has been pretty much unflappable, and not the least, her midrange jumper is often the late dagger that takes the last bit of hope away from the opponent. She has made a huge difference to this team.
Jacques Strap
I think she is a huge plus and a key for this team and a perfect fit. Her ability as PG to to hit open jumpers (or feed the post) just kills teams that want to pack the paint. She is great in transition. Keeps her cool and plays under control. She places the other teams defense in a no win situation... pack the paint or defend her jumper. She is such a good shooter you have to guard her.

I can't help but be curious about her masters study choice of Divinity.

Is she interested in that course of study or was that just a masters that BU offers that LSU does not and thus meets the transfer rules of the NCAA?
Jacques Strap
Well the high school scouting reports got some things right for sure...

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/143424

Battle-in-the-'Boro-July 2013: Strong, athletic combo-guard with a scorer's mentality; splits double-teams, elevates and delivers under control in mid range game; triple-threat attack keeps defense honest to the arc; active defender in pressure. (Olson)

USJN DC-July 11: Athletic and attacking young point guard. Decent form and elevation on her shot. (Lewis)

Boo Williams-April 11: Very smooth with the ball in her hands, she is a natural athlete who enjoys being on the court. She has great lateral movement on defense and doesn't back down for bigger players. Huge upside. (Bodine)
slimecap

jdrs
Love that she seems genuinely shocked by the award!
Jack Bauer
The same exact play to beat Oregon and ND,!
Self Made Bear
BearFan33
She's got a sweet pull up jumper and is quick to the bucket and can get layups. Her mid range game was the X factor this year. What a fine player!
Porteroso
What more can anyone say? This team would not have been the same without her.
Dcheetah
She truly was our X-factor this season. She made an incredible transition to PG, gave us our consistent midrange game to open up the floor for our bigs, and was continually clutch and unflappable! She, Lauren, and recently Didi were truly our force multipliers. One of my favorite players in just 1 season. Thank you and congrats to Chloe! She deserves all the accolades she gets!
HoustonBear15
Is it possible at all that Chloe could get a waiver for a 6th year? She only played in 4 games her freshman season at NC State.
bubbadog
Self Made Bear said:

That shot will live on as one of the great highlights in Baylor sports.

Could not be prouder for Chloe.

Edit: Revisiting this thread, I had to play that highlight a couple more times just now.

Another edit: I looked at the highlight again this morning, and had to play it again 2 more times after that. You can't watch it just once.

So much talk nationally about Arike, who is a great player, but she couldn't guard Chloe when it counted. Chloe just blew by her.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
ScottS
I don't know if Chloe reads this board, but if she does, THANK YOU for coming to our school!
Jacques Strap
Just a little too quick for their shot blocker. She was so good all year. Every time she shot a 15 foot jumper I believed it was going in because she's just that good.
TechDawgMc
I thought she was fabulous last night. Played with fire and enthusiasm, yet was all business on defense. Tough job of defending hard against their guards but still running the offense on our side.

I was also impressed by her humility. She was genuinely surprised to be named most outstanding player. She thought it should have gone to Cox (based on the whole FF, I'd tend to agree). Still, she was the difference in the final and was deserving--yet she gave a lot of the credit to others.

Thanks for coming to Baylor Chloe.
slimecap

CONGRATULATIONS CHLOE
slimecap

57Bear
The season may be successfully over, but Slimecap keeps finding great posts!
gold rewards
Just watched that 10 second video for the first time. Chloe didn't look that fast on the tv. That video gives the shot an entirely different perspective and highlights just how fast her move to the basket actually was. Wow.
bowdedg
slimecap

mlb60
gold rewards said:

Just watched that 10 second video for the first time. Chloe didn't look that fast on the tv. That video gives the shot an entirely different perspective and highlights just how fast her move to the basket actually was. Wow.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. That's Chloe's game...she makes difficult things look easy. The first sentence comes from firearms training for U.S. Special Forces (with which I am not involved, just read a lot).
slimecap

Chloe is CLUTCH Chloe's a GAMER!

- Longclaw, 10 Apr 2019
slimecap

Chloe reporting to opening day of WNBA Chicago Sky training camp.
Dcheetah
I am so glad she came here. She was a true difference maker on this team and seems like a delight to be around. She is always smiling in every picture I see unless she is on the court and then it is all business.
slimecap

Chloe Jackson & Courtney Vandersloot
WNBA Chicago Sky Training Camp: Day 4
franklin
Are the newly drafted players able to finish the semester at their respective schools? Or do they lose a semester's work?
slimecap

Jacques Strap
slimecap said:

The look on her face reminded me of the look on Jimmy Chitwood's face at the 0:33 mark.

bubbadog
It's that look that says, "Give me the rock, and we'll win."
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
slimecap
Posted on twitter July 11, 2019

slimecap
Sic 'em Bears

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.