Samantha Wagner 2023 Commits

32,179 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by uglytobone
bowdedg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bowdedg
bowdedg
Trying to dig up some information on Sammie....

bowdedg
bowdedg
OsoCoreyell
That picture with Coach Mulk is just precious!
ScottS
With the natty in hand....
fubar
She just finished eighth grade?

Would love to hear from skilledup on her.
Texasjeremy
pruritus_ani said:

She just finished eighth grade?

Would love to hear from skilledup on her.
Same here. An 8th grader committing to the defending national champs, this must be one hell of a player.
bowdedg
She's currently 6'-1" and in 8th grade! Not sure how tall her parent are.
slimecap

2023 SAMANTHA WAGNER & 2023 MADISON COX

03 Dec 2017 Stanford at Baylor
Chibears2
Sometimes, you can just tell....

Develop that relationship early. Now, she may end up changing her mind a hundred times before she signs NLI, but if she's top flight, doesn't hurt us one bit for her to think of herself as a BU Bear!
slimecap
Chibears2 said:

she may end up changing her mind a hundred times before she signs NLI
My understanding is that her father is former BU football player Robert Wagner.

"Robert Wagner was a former tight end on the Baylor football team during the 1988 through 1991 seasons, and he and his family is still supporting Baylor athletics.

"We come every year [to the bowl games]," Wagner said. "It's great to come back and see the program on track. It's very nice and special to see them winning like back in the days with the 1974 and 1980 teams. Ask any of those players and they'll tell you how great it is."

- Baylor Lariat, 1 Jan 2015
ScottS
Sounds solid
DFW Bill
She may be the best outside shooter we have recruited during the Mulkey era.

Very close friend of Madison "Maddie" Cox, Lauren's youngest sister.
Chibears2
You could see Dad in a BU shirt in one of the pics above. Your info explains the branding.
baylor1984
DFW Bill said:

She may be the best outside shooter we have recruited during the Mulkey era.

Very close friend of Madison "Mattie" Cox, Lauren's youngest sister.
How good is Mattie ?
ABC BEAR
She's a legacy? That's why she knows we are Baylor University.
DFW Bill
Maddie is very, very good. Like the vast majority of Lady Bear fans, Maddie thinks Kim hung the moon.

Mattie is in the Class of 2022 and the youngest of LC's sisters.

Scout Bear, geewago and I saw Maddie and Wagner together at 4 or 5 games last year.

Wagner won an award at Mulkey's camp last June, she played on the same team during scrimmages with Maddie, it should come as no surprise the team was coached by Lauren Cox.

Singletary63
Good enough that she is one of the top young players we are recruiting. After the National Title game she was treated like royalty in Tampa......
Dcheetah
Welcome Sammie! I knew she was high on Baylor but this is quite a bit earlier than I thought anything might happen. She will be a great BLB!
DFW Bill
The Naismith National All American Report rates Samantha Wagner of San Antonio, Texas as the number 1 player nationally in the Class of 2023.

Let's hope she continues on her path through high school. Will her back court partner be from Flower Mound and both play in the new arena soon to be known as Mulkey Pavilion?
Jacques Strap
I saw this and thought "Great news! CKM will still be here in 2023!!"
bawitdaball
I can tell you that Mulkey is going nowhere. I've spoken to her on several occasions and she is super happy and is hitting recruiting hard for future years. I "knew" this was coming and glad that it is now official. She let Baylor know of her intentions a while back. She is going to do great things at Baylor and will be a HUGE compliment and a big recruiter for others.
57Bear
Jacques Strap said:

And beyond!
chorne68
At first I thought it was a joke. How could a kid coming our of eighth grade commit to the number one team in the nation. I never heard of her. Now I know it is no joke. She looks really good and has a lot of time to be even better.
slimecap
lookin4awin
57Bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

And beyond!
I think Kim's competitive nature will make her stay until she gets her 1000th win. Unless there are Olympics for rocking chair races, I think she is staying right where she is. Need to name the new arena after her. Love Drew too, but she has three Naty's
BearFan33
I used to think that committing this early wasn't wise. From everything I have been reading though it looks like it makes sense in this case. The choice is obvious for a lot of reasons. She is actually respecting other schools by committing this early; they can focus elsewhere. Welcome aboard Sammie. The future continues to look good!
willtalk
DFW Bill said:

Like the vast majority of Lady Bear fans, Maddie thinks Kim hung the moon.

How could anyone, even Kim detractors, believe such a thing. She surely has to be the last person in this world who would ever even think of committing such an act. Oh! wait! Are you by chance referring to her hanging the real moon? Now her doing that most certainly is believable.
bowdedg

Comment in this tweet states that the conversation on the sideline was whether she is more a Bre Stewart or Lauren Cox.
lookin4awin
bowdedg said:

Comment in this tweet states that the conversation on the sideline was whether she is more a Bre Stewart or Lauren Cox.
I'll take either. Looks thicker than Stewart, and looks more agile off the dribble than Cox. What a deadly combination.
57Bear
Sammie seems quite willing to share the ball.
TXtoCO
She looks like a terrific shooter, which at times has been out weak spot. We need players who can nail the outside shot.
ScottS
Maybe Andrews will commit today
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.