Samantha Wagner 2023 Commits

32,280 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by uglytobone
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sic 'em Lady Bears!!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Ashley Hodge
Staff
A couple more pics to add to what slimecap posted

https://instagr.am/p/Bzi5eDehdY2
historian
Ashley Hodge said:

A couple more pics to add to what slimecap posted

https://instagr.am/p/Bzi5eDehdY2
Thanks for sharing! That certainly is something to look forward to.
imarockstar
How old is she!!!

Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
Wichitabear
I would say 15 if going into 9th grade
57Bear
That's her chronological age - her basketball wisdom age may be much higher.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Wichitabear said:

I would say 15 if going into 9th grade

Dcheetah
From a coach at the EGB All American games July 2019:
She was listed as a top player at the event.

Sammie Wagner 6"1 Wing San Antonio Tx 2023

"I really hate giving this kid a position because every time I see her she has changed her game so much. Sammie is starting to stretch out very much. You definitely can tell that she's more comfortable with the basketball now, beating people off the dribble from the perimeter, knocking down pull-ups and occasionally the three ball. She's also able to finish through contact and an excellent passer from the high and low post."
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

From a coach at the EGB All American games July 2019:
She was listed as a top player at the event.

Sammie Wagner 6"1 Wing San Antonio Tx 2023

"I really hate giving this kid a position because every time I see her she has changed her game so much. Sammie is starting to stretch out very much. You definitely can tell that she's more comfortable with the basketball now, beating people off the dribble from the perimeter, knocking down pull-ups and occasionally the three ball. She's also able to finish through contact and an excellent passer from the high and low post."

Katie Lou wishes she were Sammie
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/SAFinestbball/status/951541984623235072/photo/1

Present and future
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

https://twitter.com/SAFinestbball/status/951541984623235072/photo/1

Present and future

Now, Wagner is taller than Smith?
DFW Bill
Wagner is 6'1" now, Smith is listed on the BU WBB website as 6'2", some say she is really 6'3".
Brian Ethridge
Staff
DFW Bill said:

Wagner is 6'1" now, Smith is listed on the BU WBB website as 6'2", some say she is really 6'3".
I thought Wagner was 6-2 now?
Wichitabear
If not, she will be
DFW Bill
Brian, Wagner may be 6'2" now. Check out some of the pictures of Sammie and her BFF Maddi Cox and then tell us how tall Maddie is. Maddie in the pictures is taller than Sammie. Both those young ladies are tall, they will be in the ninth grade this fall. Maddie is some kind of ball handler with a high speed motor. They both are something special.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
DFW Bill said:

Brian, Wagner may be 6'2" now. Check out some of the pictures of Sammie and her BFF Maddi Cox and then tell us how tall Maddie is. Maddie in the pictures is taller than Sammie. Both those young ladies are tall, they will be in the ninth grade this fall. Maddie is some kind of ball handler with a high speed motor. They both are something special.

Agreed. When I lived in FM, we saw them out all the time. Heard about Maddie from the kids in the neighborhood of how she was the one to watch coming up. Going to be fun when she enrolls.
Dcheetah
Can someone please go to Sammies twitter page and post the 2023 wbb ranking chart of 2023 wbb recruits - can't get my phone to do it.

Look at the top.

Surprisingly, don't see Maddie Cox anywhere on this list
boatergal

Dcheetah
Thanks!
LOTRADER
Holy Schnikes, what a prospect for Baylor! I can't believe she is just entering high school.
Dcheetah
Sammie was chosen as a member for the 7-player Bluestar 30 team that competed and won the Blackeburg Cup vs other international teals in Stockholm Sweden. Here is her writeup:

Long established and highly regarded Sammie Wagner continues to show off one of the most versatile games for anybody in the class. The size and strength are there and willingly used with consistent success. Go big on her and she'll step out to three point range and light you up all night long. Put a smaller guard on Wagner and she's going to get to the rim and more often than not, get to the line as well. Her penetration is more fluid and refined while getting her to the rim time and again. If the help comes she calls on a very impressive vertical that helps her rise above the crowd and knock down the pull up with ease. Defensively she'll battle for position down low or get in a stance and take away penetration from players thought to be quicker. Setting her apart even more is the consistent intensity and effort. Few bring it on every play on both ends as Wagner does. She'll take contact, get up and come back for more.
DFW Bill
Please remember that Sammie and her BFF Maddie Cox have just started their Freshman year in High School.

Nice! A for real dynamic duo for the Lady Bears.
Dcheetah
https://www.prepgirlshoops.com/texas/rankings/2023-rankings/

Sammie #1, Maddie #4
Dcheetah
From her coach at SA Finest:

When a kid has been in the program since the 3rd grade and is already committed to National Champion, Baylor, we can take some things for granted. However s/o

@Sammie2023

23pts/11reb and 4 blks/3 assts in her varsity debut... and a victory!
Chibears2
Dcheetah said:

When a kid has been in the program since the 3rd grade and is already committed to National Champion, Baylor, we can take some things for granted. However s/o

@Sammie2023

Truly IMPRESSIVE!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

@Sammie2023

Need to see what holiday tournaments she'll be playing in.
Jacques Strap
Dcheetah said:

@Sammie2023

As a 9th greader on varsity? that's impressive. That line is like my season long stat line (without the blocks LOL) as a 9th grader on the 9th grade team, not varsity.
Dcheetah
Dcheetah
from her Moms twitter 11-16-19:

The girls had a great experience in Austin this weekend - amazing competition, team is learning to play to their strengths and get everyone involved. Sam averaged 18 points/11.4 Reb/3 assists for the five games. It's a good start - as they say - lots of work to be done!
Dcheetah
from her Mom's twitter 11-22-19

Awesome hearing how well Sam's #FINEST sisters are playing in their tourneys across Texas! Tougher play today in the San Marcos tourney - Sam averaged 14pts/17reb/6assts/2blks. Managed to get away with both wins to get to the 'ship tomorrow at noon!

Lost to Beaumont United in final but made all tournament team.
BUatbirth
Great article on Sammie. The future is very bright!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwjlrObF8q7nAhXWVs0KHTxdDR4QFjAAegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.expressnews.com%2Fsports%2Fhigh_school%2Fhigh_school_basketball%2Farticle%2FReagan-freshman-way-ahead-of-the-game-15002696.php&usg=AOvVaw2Hxw3m_4MRug4Lz6JCB8qD

Self Made Bear
nice!
mlb60
She is a BEAST! And I mean that in the nicest way possible. She could be a Lauren Cox clone. I pray she does play for BU, along with Maddie Cox. When you've built a machine like BU WBB, how does a Kim Mulkey ever retire? That is a Nick Saban or Geno problem.
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
GarlandBear84
Thanks for sharing. Good read!
Brownbw
Great read!! Sic'em
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.