CAN YOU IMAGINE?!

3,274 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUAL
VOLNATION
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not on the same level AT ALL. But it's sorta like if GENO or PAT left/was asked to leave UCONN or TENNESSEE

Whew, Baylor SCREWED THE POOCH
Gobearsone
Yep.
blackie
Don't think you will find many here disagree with you. Of course it was going to happen at some point not too far down the road. The problem with these elite coaches is that there are not many of them and whenever a school loses one for whatever reason, you take a hit. You guys found that out when Pat had to quit. UConn will find out the same thing when Geno steps away.
BCL79
Or like Knight at IU? I don't believe in hero worship, but in giving respect where it is warranted. You know, like 2+mm per year? BUT, too many egos, too many slights and it takes just one more straw to break the camel's back. Apparently on both sides.

Regardless, I'll miss her. A Lot.
DanaDane
I know there are 9 other conference fan bases jumping for joy tonight. I truly wonder what the reaction is from the other 9 head coaches. While I'm sure they didn't always enjoy getting beat by Kim, I also believe they're professionally astute enough to realize what damage this does to an already overall weak conference reputation.
historian
Kim will probably own the SEC within a few years. Then again, she might get sick of their politics & decide to retire. Not likely.
Old300Bear
We just handed the Big12 to Vic and Texas on a silver platter.
Fred Barber
Bruin92
The Longhorns are laughing their asses off at us.
Lion82
This is f@:&king bull****. Only Baylor. Only at Baylor does this happen. Most athletic directors work their entire careers and never have a coach that wins at a level even close Mulkey's Rhoades main job is to keep his winning coaches from leaving and fire the ones that don't.
WNIT in '23
Jacques Strap
VOLNATION said:

Not on the same level AT ALL. But it's sorta like if GENO or PAT left/was asked to leave UCONN or TENNESSEE

Yep. It's inexplicable
Carolina_Girl
historian said:

Kim will probably own the SEC within a few years. Then again, she might get sick of their politics & decide to retire. Not likely.

Haaaaaaa.

No.
Mulder
Old300Bear said:

An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
PartyBear
Mack is giving Del Conte job security.
Baylorfamily5
Wonderfully run Athletic department.

Great job Baylor.

Linda has to be equally to blame. Maybe she got tired of her outspoken nature. Great job Baylor.

This will be hard to recover any time soon. Decommit and transfers will be the nature.

Just look no further than Notre Dame. How have they done since Muffet bolted?
gobears20
Staff
bawitdaball
Baylorfamily5 said:

Wonderfully run Athletic department.

Great job Baylor.

Linda has to be equally to blame. Maybe she got tired of her outspoken nature. Great job Baylor.

This will be hard to recover any time soon. Decommit and transfers will be the nature.

Just look no further than Notre Dame. How have they done since Muffet bolted?

To be fair - Muffet bolted with an empty bench. I got your point, but the comparison is more blueberry to strawberry. There's a hint of similarity, but not quite enough to be fully comparable.
blackie
Old300Bear said:

Which they are just as likely to drop on their toes. You are giving them too much credit. I assume you saw the last game they played in the elite 8.....and then they have lost Collier and a couple to the transfer portal. They lost more games to other teams in the conference this year than they lost to us. Texas consistently under performs. They are still Texas.

Bottom line however.....a Big XII that was considered weak by the WBB world just got a lot weaker. Whoever wins the Big XII next year better have some good OOC wins. Otherwise they will by lucky to sniff a 3 seed in the tournament and certainly not sniff the top 10 in the polls.
Bruin92
VOLNATION said:

Do you think that we don't already know that?
fadskier
Did Baylor ask Kim to leave? I've not seen that anywhere.
BUAL
It is Mack and Linda's JOB to keep HOF coaches. Most on this board are parroting the administration... gosh, tell us what else we could have done? Like, ah... I think that is your job for the money you get paid.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.