President and Rhoades need to go NOW.

3,769 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Baylorbears111
Gobearsone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You stupid jackasses.
Bruiser85
We are definitely a dumpster fire.
NeuroticBear
This will be a good thread to note all the developmentally arrested "adults" we have on SicEm.
Jorkel
Lol this is getting so entertaining. Everyone putting so much of their mental and emotional stock into this development.
BleedGreen&Gold
I've never trusted them to be able to manage the Kim Mulkey relationship. Really ever since they got to Baylor I have sensed through public comments and body language that neither Livingstone or RODES care for Mulkey and that the relationship wasn't that good. Just go back and listen to the post-game press conferences in 2019 during the natty run. You can tell Mulkey wasn't happy with the administration. She is a cherished Baylor icon and they were entrusted with that relationship and they ruined it. SO SAD. They should be played as complete fools when the Kim Mulkey movie comes out.
BaylorB254
So nice of you to create another thread. Should have just commented in the countless others that are having this discussion.
ScottS
Bump
Stefano DiMera
Jesus this thread...show some respect dude..prob a Frump supporter..call women any names in the book..
Bear15
I think Mack deserves a raise.
Jorkel
Bear15 said:

Ooo stirring the pot. I like it.
James Neal
KM just took her toys and went home. When you have to depend on Geno to explain the COVID 19 Testing Statement, you have a problem. It is not the administrations fault. She was out-of-control in some of her statements.
Surf Oso
Bruiser85 said:

huh?

Just won a men's title
Women were in the Elite 8-- shoulda been in the Final Four
football was in the Sugar Bowl two years ago
Volleyball was in Final Four two years ago
Tennis (both M&W) are consistently in Top 10
Women's golf was a few putts away from an NC
Acrobatics just won a NC
we are Quarter Miler U
Men's golf has a salty team
Mens track was top 15 indoors last month with the national record holder in the pole vault
Brand new football stadium and track. New basketball arena to be built.

yeah, we are a dumpster fire. We suck.
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
JP1037
Surf Oso said:

Bruiser85 said:

huh?

Just won a men's title
Women were in the Elite 8-- shoulda been in the Final Four
football was in the Sugar Bowl two years ago
Volleyball was in Final Four two years ago
Tennis (both M&W) are consistently in Top 10
Women's golf was a few putts away from an NC
Acrobatics just won a NC
we are Quarter Miler U
Men's golf has a salty team
Mens track was top 15 indoors last month with the national record holder in the pole vault
Brand new football stadium and track. New basketball arena to be built.

yeah, we are a dumpster fire. We suck.

Uhhhh. You missed the point. The morons calling for Mack and/or Livingstone to be fired because our hot head WBB took her toys and went home makes us a dumpster fire. Like full Aggie dumpster fire. And I agree. Crazy overreaction. Sorry she gone but the school and our athletic department will be fine and we just won a Natty so it's no time to fire anyone.
Jacques Strap
James Neal said:

KM just took her toys and went home. When you have to depend on Geno to explain the COVID 19 Testing Statement, you have a problem. It is not the administrations fault. She was out-of-control in some of her statements.
Gobearsone said:

You stupid jackasses.
Cancel culture is alive and well on the SicEm message boards.

You should write a strongly written letter to them as well to express your displeasure. Maybe even a letter to the editor at the Trib. I'm sure they'll be gone by next week.
BellCountyBear
Good grief. You nut jobs are acting like this is something important, like football!
TxRainMkr
You can't convince anyone outside of the Baylor bubble that we can a good administration. Vic Shaefer is pinching himself at his good fortune.
Porteroso
Jorkel said:

Lol this is getting so entertaining. Everyone putting so much of their mental and emotional stock into this development.

Much like Baylor thinking money grows on trees, they must think great coaches do too. It will definitely be entertaining for many to see Baylor's fall from sports greatness. What school do you hail from?
Porteroso
365 said:

Gobearsone said:

You stupid jackasses.
Cancel culture is alive and well on the SicEm message boards.

You should write a strongly written letter to them as well to express your displeasure. Maybe even a letter to the editor at the Trib. I'm sure they'll be gone by next week.

I'm pretty sure insults have been around a bit before cancel culture, and if you can't tell the difference, it's probably too late in your development to really explain it to you.
fadskier
James Neal said:

No she wasn't
Dubby
You absolutely hit that right!
BUAL
A HOF came left yesterday because he could not come up with a way to manage her. He gets a million bucks to manage folks and he failed. There are lots of challenging personalities in sports, art, entertainment, etc and someone has to manage them. I just have this vision of Linda and Mack smiling, thinking they solved their problem, not recognizing that this will come back to bite them if/when football struggles.
PartyBear
Football has been struggling under them.
BUAL
Last year was a first year. Cannot judge but this year, big improvements have to show or things like the Kim story will start to bubble back and in fact, they will us used by some of the very people defending the decision and piling on now - to use again Mack and Linda. It will happen. I don't want it to happen because I want the football team to rock but fans will grab for anything around them, in this case the Kim story, to put the pressure on.
Born_A_Bear
More than a million.
BUGWBBear
Bear15 said:

Mack's mommy needs a reality check.
Baylorbears111
BUAL said:

Last year was a first year. Cannot judge but this year, big improvements have to show or things like the Kim story will start to bubble back and in fact, they will us used by some of the very people defending the decision and piling on now - to use again Mack and Linda. It will happen. I don't want it to happen because I want the football team to rock but fans will grab for anything around them, in this case the Kim story, to put the pressure on.

It was weird year but you can still kind of tell when a team underperforms. You don't go from competing for a conference championship to 2-7 for standard coaching changes. There is no rule set in stone that that kind of setback has to occur everytime. Good programs adapt and continue to find success. Aranda's defense showed some positives but the offense was notably horrible. The refusal to move away from Brewer to the under classman was strange especially given the lame duck kind of season that was shaping up and the need to build toward the future. Between being a first time head coach and a covid year without full practices there are a lot of things to parse out. But the team should've been good enough to win at least two more games during the season. Looking back. Most of the games weren't complete beat downs (outside of the wheels falling off vs OSU) but the team had a hard time getting over the hump.

To me, the team under achieved what it was capable of this year. This isn't a "let's fire Aranda" thought or conception. I look it at the same way I do as Matt Rhule losing to UTSA and Liberty. No matter how bad the team is, there are just some games that you should win and if you don't then I'm placing it on the coach.

But last year we got the breaks and bounced that didn't come this year. All in all, I expect an improved sophomore effort from Aranda and I'm confident that he will meet those expectations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.