Nicki Collen

13,256 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BaylorRocks
Born_A_Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
?
EvilTroyAndAbed
Yes.
Chamberman
Knew it!
Bigkahunaww
Yep, she's the new head coach. Hope they got a two for one and her husband joins the team also.
Living the American dream in central Texas !
allstate2000
If this hire was prefaced on her keeping Messer and Brock then I guess it's okay, if not seems like a poor hire.
Bruiser85
Is this a good hire? I'm not overly impressed with her record.
Goldigger
If she runs the 4 pt play we'll be fine.
PartyBear
Under whelming actually. As far as I can see her only head coaching g is the pros and it is a losing record over 3 years.
Johnny Bear
I I would think the coaching experience in the WNBA would be a plus when recruiting.
allstate2000
Bruiser85 said:

Is this a good hire? I'm not overly impressed with her record.

Seems like a 5th choice hire from how search played out
bawitdaball
I'm waiting on a "Messier and Brock" will be part of the staff message.
PartyBear
Might be time for a new AD, this hire didn't redeem the mess.
Chamberman
She met her husband (22 years her senior) when he hired her as his assistant at CSU. She was 26 and he was 48.
Baylorkid
I like nikki Collen she did a great job with Atlanta a couple of years ago
Bear2393
The only head coaching experience is the WNBA and has a losing record? Unbelievable!
Bruiser85
Bear2393 said:

The only head coaching experience is the WNBA and has a losing record? Unbelievable!
Really disappointed, I have to say.
PartyBear
I guess Mack could only find someone willing to work form him more than for crazy former Senator Loeffler.
Valkyrie
I would like to know what the players think. I have no idea who is a good hire until the next UT game and then I'll have some thoughts.
Johnny Bear
Chamberman said:

She met her husband (22 years her senior) when he hired her as his assistant at CSU. She was 26 and he was 48.

Impressive! Good for him.
Stefano DiMera
Dude..are you serious?!..a new AD?!...this is why we brought up all your old posts from Rhules first season..im definitely bookmarking this.

Oh wait..your defense will be 'she shoulda win..look at what Mulkey left her'....absolutely amazing..
PartyBear
Listen I don't give a Shxt what you do Stefano. She has a winning percentage of .422 as a HC. Spin this all you want.
Gobearsone
Bookmark this...underwhelming.
Johnny Bear
PartyBear said:

I guess Mack could only find someone willing to work form him more than for crazy former Senator Loeffler.

Yeah, the two new America hating communist senators from Georgia are so much more sensible.
Stefano DiMera
You literally posted it might be time for a new AD...let that sink in..

I dont claim to be an expert on everything..like WNBA..so you or i dont have any idea of the situation she took.over but i know she was Coach of Year couple.years ago.

Matt Rhule has an underwhelming career record but most people can put the picture in the frame and see he is a very very good coach from the trash programs he took over.
PartyBear
Yeah I literally posted that. This handling of women's hoops situation has been a debacle. Let that sink in.
Adriacus Peratuun
Collen had a great record Year 1 when she had players. Years 2 & 3 all [every single one] of the Dream's top players sat out due to their fight with Loeffler over BLM and gay marriage.

So the "losing record" argument has a rather sizable asterisk.
buildabear1
Queen just posted ok let's get it niki collins
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Bet we got her on the cheap!!!!! We may be able to pay off that Pepper-Hamilton note! God is good.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Stefano DiMera
im to beljeve thjs hire is a disaster!
buildabear1
I'm going to stop you whom ever you are. Don't be disrespectful if our young ladies like it I love it. They could be jumping ship. Go back to the Football boards.
allstate2000
bawitdaball said:

I'm waiting on a "Messier and Brock" will be part of the staff message.

This would be the only thing that would make me feel better about this hire - WNBA coaches much less likely to bring staff with them as compared to our college coach targets, especially since season starts in a week!
Bear15
PartyBear said:

Might be time for a new AD, this hire didn't redeem the mess.

AD's aren't getting hired or fired for women's basketball.

#Facts
Bear2019
Stefano DiMera said:

im to beljeve thjs hire is a disaster!
They're kids. They don't know. I doubt seriously if 3 days ago they had ever heard of Nicki Collen. I have been following women's college basketball since before these kids were born and I know I hadn't. I hope Collen does well. But I think Vic is likely licking his chops on this one. Face it...this hire was an uphill climb from the jump. There was no equal within 10,000 country miles of who Mack was trying to replace. Was not going to happen. Just hope for the best. That's all we can do. Everything else is just fluff.
JustWinBears

Go somewhere else with that. You don't even deserve to have an account here with that type of disrespect.
geewago
I'm willing to sit back and watch to see how she turns out. What other choice do I have. But I would suspect the other coaches in the Big 12 just breathed a sigh of relief.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.