Moon was at meeting.

7,115 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wineguy89
buildabear1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.instagram.com/tv/COeBTcSjjEH/?igshid=qf7se7i4x7m8
buildabear1
55 second mark.
MrGolfguy
buildabear1 said:

That was awesome, thanks for posting
juliejay84
I just came here to the board to see if anyone knew anything as I noticed her as well . This is all exciting - let's move forward ! Hopefully with Moon
DanaDane
That would be so cool if Moon decided to continue graduate school here and play for the Lady Bears next year.
Baylorkid
DanaDane said:

That would be so cool if Moon decided to continue graduate school here and play for the Lady Bears next year.

It'll be amazing! What do you think the starting 5 will be this season?
I say it'll be Owens/Andrews at point, Moon at the 2 if she returns, Bickle at the 3, smith at the 4 and Egbo at the 5!
BaylorBearWBBFan
Assuming Lewis stays, I'd say there's a solid chance she starts. McDaniel and Carr probably have a chance too.
Baylorkid
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Assuming Lewis stays, I'd say there's a solid chance she starts. McDaniel and Carr probably have a chance too.

True but I feel like they haven't been with the team/system long enough but again it is a new system with Collen now! Besides I like Bickle in beside smith and Egbo since they've played with each other for 3 years and she has great chemistry with smith
DanaDane
The beauty of a new coach is that it means all the spots are wide open with no preconceived notions, which I gotta think makes many of them very excited. I'm honestly not familiar yet with the types of offense and defense she runs, so I'll need to study a little before I have any conclusions on who might fit better than others. And, I honestly didn't get a chance to see Lewis in any games so I need to do some studying there too.

Either way, I'm excited! On paper we don't have a lot of front court depth, but once I see her coaching style it may compensate from some of that. The only concern I have right now is Dauda. Arkansas fans seem to think they almost have her flipped, assuming she could get a release due to the coaching change. I sure hope not. Freshmen posts don't typically play a lot, but I have a feeling we may need her for depth this year.
Baylorkid
DanaDane said:

The beauty of a new coach is that it means all the spots are wide open with no preconceived notions, which I gotta think makes many of them very excited. I'm honestly not familiar yet with the types of offense and defense she runs, so I'll need to study a little before I have any conclusions on who might fit better than others. And, I honestly didn't get a chance to see Lewis in any games so I need to do some studying there too.

Either way, I'm excited! On paper we don't have a lot of front court depth, but once I see her coaching style it may compensate from some of that. The only concern I have right now is Dauda. Arkansas fans seem to think they almost have her flipped, assuming she could get a release due to the coaching change. I sure hope not. Freshmen posts don't typically play a lot, but I have a feeling we may need her for depth this year.

True! Since Gusters jumped ship, we need another post and Dauda(if she stays) will get good playing time since she's versatile!
BUAL
We need a lock down defender with DiDi gone.
Bruin92
If McDaniel is the scorer that I think she is...it will be difficult to keep her off the court. Yes, I realize Carrington did not start.
SirBearALot
Sarah Andrews was also at the meeting.. Hope she stays.. !!!
Mulder
Andrews and Hannah Gusters are BFF. Perhaps she want to hear the new coach out prior to making a decision.
Sound as if she'd flourish in Collen's offense.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
juliejay84
Mulder said:

Andrews and Hannah Gusters are BFF. Perhaps she want to hear the new coach out prior to making a decision.
Sarah Andrews' tweet of her in BU Uniform shooting saying "year 2 wasssup" is great to see!
Johnny Bear
It's at least sounding more and more like all the dire predictions by certain posters on this site of a mass exodus of players and recruits isn't going to materialize. IMO Gusters is a very replaceable loss.
blueeyedbear
buildabear1 said:

And CC greeted her with a big ol BEAR HUG. Notice all the smiles !!
bear2be2
Johnny Bear said:

It's at least sounding more and more like all the dire predictions by certain posters on this site of a mass exodus of players and recruits isn't going to materialize. IMO Gusters is a very replaceable loss.

People often overestimate the impact coaching changes will have on roster turnover. Unless it's a truly unique situation involving a scandal, most kids choose to stay put rather than uproot their lives to transfer to a new school.
chorne68
A Baylor diploma is much more valuable than a LSU diploma. Why leave for a year or two and have a downgrade.
blueeyedbear
juliejay84 said:

Mulder said:

Sarah Andrews' tweet of her in BU Uniform shooting saying "year 2 wasssup" is great to see!

Don't know if it was noticed but CNC in her introduction remarks said Simms was going to be at Baylor a lot during the WNBA off season to help JADEN. Now Sims is Sarah's mentor and I do not take that as a slight to Sarah but that was a big statement with an underlying message !!
I think it was a message to all the players that everyone starts with a clean slate and when CNC says she wants to help each player be the best player she can be she actually means it. I have heard from 3 players that they feel CKM was very unfair to Jaden and they did not like it.
Bottom line with Simms is on board Sarah is on board.
Lauren making a video welcoming CNC to Baylor is a BIG endorsement to this team as she still has considerable sway over this team.
Amazing is the number of former BU WBB players in addition to Lauren and Simms who are supporting CNC......Brown, Davis, Sophia......tells me we got the homerun everyone wanted.
Baylorbeargirl5
Jaiden is Odyssey's son. She was referring to him.
blueeyedbear
Baylorbeargirl5 said:

Jaiden is Odyssey's son. She was referring to him.
Your right...Just listened to the tape....I was way up there in the Ferrell and mis heard what she said. Thanks. Still glad to hear Odyssey is going to be engaged !!
ckilpatrick
Just saw on Moon's Instagram story that she is already taking classes for her masters degree. If it's at Baylor that is a good sign! I'm not sure if a student is able to start a masters program at another school before graduating at their present school (if that makes sense) lol
Wichitabear
ckilpatrick said:

Just saw on Moon's Instagram story that she is already taking classes for her masters degree. If it's at Baylor that is a good sign! I'm not sure if a student is able to start a masters program at another school before graduating at their present school (if that makes sense) lol
I thought I read that Moon was going to LSU.
bawitdaball
Wichitabear said:

ckilpatrick said:

I thought I read that Moon was going to LSU.
It was speculation. I believe she is half way through her graduate program, I'd be shocked if she packed up and went elsewhere. I've assumed she wold just turn to being a student to finish out her time at Baylor, but believe she will play for Baylor or else retire from basketball - too much to pack up and move given her long term goals and where she is in achieving them.
Bulldog
Just read Moon is in transfer portal, willing to be contacted....

ScottS
...but she was at the meeting and hugged NC
Wineguy89
ScottS said:

...but she was at the meeting and hugged NC

Show me on the doll where Coach Nicki hurt you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.