Looking for cheese

6,646 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fredbear
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are you like I? Everyday, several times a day, I return to this forum like a conditioned rat looking for cheese: A new transfer to round out the roster to a team of at least ten, a new coaching staff member that can recruit like crazy, or a fair and sensible field house plan. Everyday the labyrinth of chatter yields no new cheese, but only the low blows irritated fans and fake fans who are frustrated by the famine before us. My rodent conditioning is weakened by continuous empty trips. Please, Oh masters of fate, let us see some cheese before we are too weary to return to the void of wbb news. Even football, for now, has become more fun.
Morgan101
Love that cheese!
Eball
I am same...at some point time runs out on adding some bodies for next year...now perhaps there is a lot going on behind scenes and we maybe sifting through multiple options and trying to select the best fits but I am getting a bit nervous...our 8 are very good but I just don't think we can put together a championship run with only 8 total on roster...
Polarbear
Same.
gold rewards
yup
Lynnp550
Yep
bugwub78
Same here. Down to checking when I first get up and again before I go to bed.
ChapBear
Some types of cheese have to age a bit before they reach their peak.
chorne68
We need a big girl bad...It has to be a transfer.
BUbackerinET
Right there with ya, Fred.
ABC BEAR
One day in April our AD says that no one person is bigger than the university and a few days later a Hall of Fame coach leaves town. Hours after a new coach is named our one signee and one commitment de-commit.

In the fickle world of recruiting we just screwed the pooch. Don't expect any big body transfers or any 4 or 5 star HS commitments this summer. There are too many other options for top talent who see the bad optics at Baylor with eyes wide open. We will be down to offering under-appreciated 3 star players soon. Get used to it.

fredbear
I think NC will do great getting 5 stars. Just late to the party for this year.
blackie
fredbear said:

Unfortunately they will be outnumbered by 2 star fans. Get used to it.
ABC BEAR
blackie said:

fredbear said:

Unfortunately they will be outnumbered by 2 star fans. Get used to it.
Hey, this is an opinion forum. I really do hope I'm wrong.....just uncomfortable with the trending at present..
mcleod66
ABC BEAR said:

One day in April our AD says that no one person is bigger than the university and a few days later a Hall of Fame coach leaves town. Hours after a new coach is named our one signee and one commitment de-commit.

In the fickle world of recruiting we just screwed the pooch. Don't expect any big body transfers or any 4 or 5 star HS commitments this summer. There are too many other options for top talent who see the bad optics at Baylor with eyes wide open. We will be down to offering under-appreciated 3 star players soon. Get used to it.

Riiiiiiiiight
TxRainMkr
Ditto
BUatbirth
Hmcleod66 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Riiiiiiiiight
Here we go, AGAIN.
SSadler
ABC Bear a harbinger of Limburger stink.
ABC BEAR
SSadler said:

ABC Bear a harbinger of Limburger stink.
When I'm wrong (soon, I hope) I will start an apology thread so ya'll can pile on then. I won't start a new thread if I'm right. Fair enough?
fredbear
Just seems sad to live with such negative projections. Better to be Tigger than Eeyore
Brian Ethridge
Staff
fredbear said:

Just seems sad to live with such negative projections. Better to be Tigger than Eeyore
Rather hit my head on the ceiling than my ass on the floor
3rdgenbear
Always good to be positive. Also, sometimes when you stump your toe, it is good that it hurts, so you'll remember not to do that again.
Bear2393
Right on!
RBW 67
We are wasting our time expecting a transfer of any consequence. There is nobody out there who could crack this lineup for any significant playing time. Few players looking to transfer want to find a place at the end of the bench. We lost our young bigs who would have picked up back-up minutes this year and been in position to start next year. There does not appear to be anyone like that tis year. We have to pray we don't have injuries and foul trouble by Egbo and Smith. Hopefully we will have a final four season and transfers will flock here next year since we will have lots of roster space for 22-23.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
You check in here looking for cheese and I check this board looking for the dumpster fire. I'm never disappointed.
fredbear
Dumpster fire? Promising new coach, team intact, 2 WNBA coaches including a star player, new state-of-the-art field house coming, playing beside no.1 men's team, blue chip history and budget for support, top ten attendance, coach who has the work ethic of a mule, coach with winsome personality and good interview skills, location in the center of Texas major cities (easy draw from metroplex, Houston, Austin, San Antonio).... yep I'd say we ought to throw in the towel now. U funny man, so funny. Do you evaluate stock purchases with your keen evaluation skills.
Media Bear
Quote:

Are you like I? Everyday, several times a day, I return to this forum like a conditioned rat looking for cheese: A new transfer to round out the roster to a team of at least ten, a new coaching staff member that can recruit like crazy, or a fair and sensible field house plan. Everyday the labyrinth of chatter yields no new cheese, but only the low blows irritated fans and fake fans who are frustrated by the famine before us. My rodent conditioning is weakened by continuous empty trips. Please, Oh masters of fate, let us see some cheese before we are too weary to return to the void of wbb news. Even football, for now, has become more fun.
fredbear
Found some cheese!
Eball
Where ?
Biscuits_and_Gravy
fredbear said:

Dumpster fire? Promising new coach, team intact, 2 WNBA coaches including a star player, new state-of-the-art field house coming, playing beside no.1 men's team, blue chip history and budget for support, top ten attendance, coach who has the work ethic of a mule, coach with winsome personality and good interview skills, location in the center of Texas major cities (easy draw from metroplex, Houston, Austin, San Antonio).... yep I'd say we ought to throw in the towel now. U funny man, so funny. Do you evaluate stock purchases with your keen evaluation skills.

My reference had nothing to do with the athletic programs which I think are in great shape.

The nasty, condescending, egotistical comments on this board are the ongoing dumpster fire, thanks for reinforcing my opinion.

BTW, I'm indeed not a funny man.
fredbear
My thread was about the development of an athletic program via coaching hires and transfer students. In that context, dumpster fire was taken in that regard.

On another note, your spewing the term "dumpster fire" on other posters is an example of the very thing you claim to oppose. You argument, therefore, is philosophically inconsistent. You can't oppose egotistical remarks from others while making judgmental remarks on the posts of others. I don't mind a good debate, but don't derail threads with critical, Petty comments and expect no response. I will be happy to point out your inconsistencies to you if you are blind to them. No charge.
BUbearinARK
Media Bear said:

Quote:

I’m an optimist!

And /S in case I missed it

TE
Matthew Klopfenstein 1 catch/5 yds
BaylorRocks
fredbear said:

Just a quick note to let you know that I care about you. I have marked your account, specifically, to come back to and check in on you in about 24 months. I want to make sure you are ok, emotionally, when reality sets it for you.

Sic'em
Wbbfan29
I just knew you had something negative to say. Can you just let other people be happy. If you hate nicki so much why don't you go and join the Lsu fan forum. Im pretty sure they will appreciate negative demeanor.
Wbbfan29
The " ignore " feature and I have recently gotten really close. The constant trolls and debby downers will never be seen again.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.