Baseball
Sponsored by

What can we do?

2,651 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Fre3dombear
Bear2014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What in the world can we do to compete in baseball?! Is our stadium considered old? Do we not have the "up to date" facilities for a top baseball program? Why can tcu, Duke, Rice, vandy, Stanford field a competitive team but we cant? What are we missing?!

I don't have much, but I will start a baseball campaign if need be
CTbruin
I'm probably the biggest baseball fan in here. And have been for 30 years. Miss very few games.

Coach Thompson was hired after recruiting season. He inherited a very weak roster. He is trying to compete with a roster of "walkons ". He is an excellent recruiter and responsible for most of the great players during the Steve Smith era.

His first recruiting class was outstanding. It will take about 3 years and he will have us back on top. It's been a very difficult year. But we must have some patience and continue to support.

Remember, he won a national championship at MCC.
CTbruin
Please read the 11/16/22 release on the Baylor Athletics website to see his first recruiting class. They will be here in the fall.
Yogi
It'll get better. We lost our top talent to attrition last year.

Despite the fight in this team, there is very little depth and about half the talent of your average college baseball teams. That's why we struggled with even WAC teams this season.

My source is CMT.

He tpld me 2023 was going to be a terrible season, but he is oprimistic that he can build it back to what it once was in the coming years.

This was the worst season I remember since 1994.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
BellCountyBear
CTbruin said:

I'm probably the biggest baseball fan in here. And have been for 30 years. Miss very few games.

Coach Thompson was hired after recruiting season. He inherited a very weak roster. He is trying to compete with a roster of "walkons ". He is an excellent recruiter and responsible for most of the great players during the Steve Smith era.

His first recruiting class was outstanding. It will take about 3 years and he will have us back on top. It's been a very difficult year. But we must have some patience and continue to support.

Remember, he won a national championship at MCC.
This.
Stefano DiMera
It's simple..if you live nearby buy a ticket and show up. Mitches job is to recruit the talent..lot easier to show recruits around when there's more than a half ass crowd and atmosphere.

There was a ton of *****ing and moaning on here when Mack was interviewing other candidates and wouldn't do the 'right thing' and hire Mitch. Well .he did so do your part.
Jorkel
Stefano DiMera said:

It's simple..if you live nearby buy a ticket and show up. Mitches job is to recruit the talent..lot easier to show recruits around when there's more than a half ass crowd and atmosphere.

There was a ton of *****ing and moaning on here when Mack was interviewing other candidates and wouldn't do the 'right thing' and hire Mitch. Well .he did so do your part.

It goes both ways, coaches/players need to put a product on the field worth watching or give out $1 beer and hot dogs
BluesBear
There is talent coming in with the next class. Mitch will right the ship - no doubt. I would love to see updates to the Ballpark at some point..
CTbruin
Ballpark is being taken care of. Repainting etc.

New scoreboard and video will be installed before next year. And I hear former players are really helping.
Jack Bauer
Hey, we just beat Tarleton State!
Bear2014
well, i live in California... but would like to try to do my part however possible.

I clearly hit a soft spot on you. All Im saying is that outside of the 2012 season, Baylor baseball hasnt been a serious contender. It seems in other sports we have put money/new facilities up and theyve gotten better. However, it seems to me that nothing has been updated/upgraded/new for the baseball (or softball) teams. I would love to see a competitive baylor baseball team again. 2012 was a great season (until the hogs beat us)
Dia del DougO
It would be a great time for Mack to announce some significant facility improvements.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Nguyen One Soon
There are some in the "drawing stages." Not sure when an announcement will be made.
Stefano DiMera
Sorry my rant wasn't directed to you...in general to the moaners and complainers who ***** about everything Mack does or doesn't do.
william
6 teams got in.

OKie St the only Host at Number 12 I think.

UT at Miami - they could win that one.

Everyone else will probablly fizz out.

WVa? at Kentucky.

Crap year for Big 12 Beisbol.

- Chico Escuela

{ tomando cafe }

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2023
Fetterman2024
Dia del DougO
So, I heard on a music news thing today that the NCAA booked Kentucky as a regional site even though the annual Railbird Festival is going on at the same time and there are zero hotel sites. The school is offering dorm rooms for the tournament goers...for a price.

Great planning, NCAA. It was too important to have 47 SEC teams to host regionals than to think about available rooms for all those travelling fans.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
william
down goes maine.

down goes maine.

adios, coon cats!

- kkm

two nat seeds about to depart

okie st about to say sayonara.

auburn as well.

Fetterman2024
william
texas and tcu advance.

congrats to both.

okie st. was the only flame out.

- kkm
Fetterman2024
Fre3dombear
william said:

texas and tcu advance.

congrats to both.

okie st. was the only flame out.

- kkm

0-2 in their own regional. Doesn't happen often

Tcu with cake walk to cws

Baylor pwn'd
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.