Baseball
Sponsored by

Smitty's going back to Omaha

3,124 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OsoCoreyell
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Auburn takes down UNC. Did so without needing to send up a PH who had fewer than 20 at bats on the season.
CTbruin
Good for him.

He might be the next HC at Auburn.
STxBear81
Mybe at A&M If they get rid of their coach
PartyBear
Where is the current Auburn HC going?
CTbruin
PartyBear said:

Rumors of retirement
Ludwig von Missi
CTbruin said:

PartyBear said:

Rumors of retirement
From Butch Thompson? Isn't he in his mid-40s? I think of him more of a young up & comer than a guy who is about to retire...
CTbruin
I heard speculation he would not be back next year.....from a SEC source. I assumed retirement. Guess he could be looking elsewhere. Or it was just a rumor.
Johnny Bear
I watched the end of Auburn's opening CWS game with Miss State and saw Steve Smith have a bottom of the 9th mound visit with their pitcher who was attempting to close the game. Granted it was mainly because their defense let them down, but Auburn proceeded to blow a 3 run lead in the bottom of the 9th to lose it. Brought back so many bad memories of BU post season/big game collapses and blown games through the years when Smith was in our dugout. I often wonder if the guy is cursed somehow in big games.
whitetrash
...and Smitty goes home after conclusion of a 5-3 loss to Louisville. At least yesterday's rain let him stay an extra day.
PartyBear
So does Tech now face off against Michigan and beat them twice to get to the actual national title series?
bubbadog
PartyBear said:

So does Tech now face off against Michigan and beat them twice to get to the actual national title series?
Maybe. Michigan's strength is their top two pitchers, who both went on the first day of the recent MLB draft. They probably go with their third pitcher tomorrow. I'd bet on Tech to win this one, but I would presume that if it goes to a rubber game, Michigan will use their No. 1 starter.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
OsoCoreyell
Hmm. Tech...not so much!

Go Blue!!! Full disclosure; I have a degree from Michigan and was a professor there for a while. Baylor is still my first loyalty, though!
bubbadog
This is a good example of why I don't bet money on sports.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
whitetrash
Michigan gets the second extra point in the 7th, and now leads Tech 2 TDs to one 1 FG.
OsoCoreyell
Dang! Michigan is KILLING Tech. In little league, this game would be over.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.