Softball

5,626 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by MrGolfguy
longtimebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I do not understand the Baylor media or their sports information department, as it were. Why can't Baylor give us updates on their athletes. Example: McKenzie Wilson?
Did she get injured, did she quit, did she return home for a family emergency?? WHAT?
It's so frustrating.
MrGolfguy
sicem365.com/forums/6/topics/136904

3 week old news
IowaBear
Softball team officially sucks anyways.
Time for new blood
MrGolfguy
got swept by Kansas this weekend
IowaBear
Moore's small ball crap is outdated. Softball needs a fresh start.
deemus
They had a 10 game winning streak prior to McKenzie's exit.
longtimebear
Thank you Mr. Golf Guy....I had no idea. Prayers for Ms. Wilson.
DANG,
I hate this for all involved.
NOVA Bear
Watching the OU game with my daughter who loves both programs. Baylor's catcher can't sit still behind the plate and we are not getting any calls on the corners. Driving me crazy. OU catcher sets up quickly during the wind up and is getting all the close calls. Not doing ourselves any favors.
Big Bear
She has been suspended by the University.
IowaBear
Another bed ****ting today!! 2-9 in conference!!
FIRE GLENN MOORE
T-REX
Lose 6-1 to ****ing TX State? Are you ****ing serious? How we are even ranked is mind blowing. This program is dead
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
2centsworth
Texas State is 9-2 vs P5 opponents and ranked in the Top 20. They've beaten several ranked opponents and one of their losses was to #2 Texas 1-0.
IowaBear
We returned everyone and are at serious risk of missing the post season.
We ****ing suck and there's no more excuses for Moore. Dudes gotta go this has been a colossal failure
MrGolfguy
The excuse is that his stud pitcher has a dead arm & never plays. Softball is all about pitching, if you don't have a stud pitcher (or 2) your team is gonna suck. Baylor hasn't had that since Canion.
IowaBear
But that's Moore's fault… no way he didn't know going into the season that Orme wasn't pitching.
He also recruits zero power bats which is why we constantly struggle to score.
Need blood is needed for 24/25
T-REX
2centsworth said:

Texas State is 9-2 vs P5 opponents and ranked in the Top 20. They've beaten several ranked opponents and one of their losses was to #2 Texas 1-0.
there is 0 excuse for any baylor team in any sport to ever lose to a non power 5 team
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
IowaBear said:

But that's Moore's fault… no way he didn't know going into the season that Orme wasn't pitching.
He also recruits zero power bats which is why we constantly struggle to score.
Need blood is needed for 24/25
just gonna be another year where we don't do a thing but people will scream that he took us to a world series 8 years ago and say he is a great guy........a great guy that can't win
Baylor MBA 2023
BigfootBear
T-REX said:

2centsworth said:

there is 0 excuse for any baylor team in any sport to ever lose to a non power 5 team
Ha, you sound just like the Tex Aggies.

Texas State also beat A&M this year and that's just what they said.

No Aggie team should ever lose to a non power 5 team.

Sounds pretty entitled to me.
T-REX
BigfootBear said:

T-REX said:

2centsworth said:

Ha, you sound just like the Tex Aggies.

Texas State also beat A&M this year and that's just what they said.

No Aggie team should ever lose to a non power 5 team.

Sounds pretty entitled to me.
if believing that your teams should be better because of the much larger amount of resources & you believe your teams should win every game and that coaches are paid to ****ing win is entitled, then sign me up. We don't pay Moore to lose. But yet he sure does lose a lot. It's been time for change but some of yall are ok with failure
Baylor MBA 2023
IowaBear
ANOTHER Conference L!!!
Embrace the Suck!! Glenn Moore's 2024 team motto
Fire this clown already
T-REX
IowaBear said:

ANOTHER Conference L!!!
Embrace the Suck!! Glenn Moore's 2024 team motto
Fire this clown already
Another loss to a unranked team.
Baylor MBA 2023
MrGolfguy
Walkoff win in game 2 as Kaci West delivers an RBI single to plate the winning run
Bears 2
TTRR 1
Big Bear
2 loud mouths that I have never seen at a BU softball game. You 2 know little about this team. Lost #1 pitcher and she was pronounced fit by the former Rangers doctor. Lost the cf who was leadoff hitter. Lost ss with an ACL. And when you are picked 4 in preseason coaches poll behind OK, UT and Okie Lite and you play start conference by playing OK and Lite then take on KU who is presently in 4th place behind the aforementioned it is very difficult to have too many wins. With the exception of UT we are getting to play the weaker part of the schedule. Get educated and don't show IT!
IowaBear
Maybe YOU should get educated. This team returned EVERYONE.
Orme not being fit falls squarely on Glenn Moore. He had to of known she would be limited all year. Let's revisit this at seasons end when we miss the post season after returning every starter and the entire pitching staff (aside from Orme)
We're underachieving badly and only a clown would think otherwise.
If losing Wilson causes a free fall you just aren't a very good coach. She's not even a top 40 player in this conference.
T-REX
Big Bear said:

2 loud mouths that I have never seen at a BU softball game. You 2 know little about this team. Lost #1 pitcher and she was pronounced fit by the former Rangers doctor. Lost the cf who was leadoff hitter. Lost ss with an ACL. And when you are picked 4 in preseason coaches poll behind OK, UT and Okie Lite and you play start conference by playing OK and Lite then take on KU who is presently in 4th place behind the aforementioned it is very difficult to have too many wins. With the exception of UT we are getting to play the weaker part of the schedule. Get educated and don't show IT!
congrats on never seeing me at a game. Been to plenty actually but enjoy being ok with a coach who has 1 conference title in 20 years but hey he won the NIT!!!!
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
IowaBear said:

Orme not being fit falls squarely on Glenn Moore. He had to of known she would be limited all year. Let's revisit this at seasons end when we miss the post season after returning every starter and the entire pitching staff (aside from Orme)
If losing Wilson causes a free fall you just aren't a very good coach. She's not even a top 40 player in this conference.
say it louder for those in the back
Baylor MBA 2023
Alan Lefever
T-REX said:

IowaBear said:

say it louder for those in the back

A few questions and observations….
1.) How many softball games have y'all been to this year? As a 20 year season ticket holder I'm just curious.
2.) What is the level of your Diamond Club membership?
3.) How much NIL money have you given and designated for softball?

The fact that y'all don't that Wilson was one of the best lead off hitters in the country must less the B12 or that you don't understand the extent of her injury or her rehab tells me your more of a scoreboard fan of SB then anything else.

Until you invest your time, energy and money into SB y'all ARE THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK.

Baylor Softball is moving in the right direction and I think Coach Moore will get us back to the WS. But in case y'all haven't heard, we may have lost our best player to injury today….
IowaBear
Wilson isn't even injured… if you're gonna spout bull **** at least make sure it's accurate.
She's suspended for shoplifting. And to say she's one of the best lead off hitters is hilarious. She's a good not great player. We have 1 player of All conference caliber that's Govan.
The argument of not having an opinion because I don't donate is moronic. As far as going to every game. Sure I'll get in my car and drive 13 hrs every game so that I'm allowed to have an opinion.
Injuries or not this team has MASSIVELY underachieved. Moore isn't getting back to WS while he's the coach at BU. His philosophy is outdated and that rears its ugly head every year when conference play rolls around. This squad returned everyone. Sure they've been hit with injuries, most teams have. Very few teams returned literally every starter though. And BU did and we're still not going to finish even close to .500 in the B12
Alan Lefever
I didn't say she was injured and you didn't answer my questions…
IowaBear
Haven't been to any games this year. I do go every time they're in Ames though.
Those questions have nothing to do with having an opinion on the state of the softball program.
There's no excuse for them to be as bad as they are this year. That falls on Glenn
Alan Lefever
We've lost 2 starters (one an all conference caliber ss to an ACL), our number 1 pitcher to an injury we knew might not be healed this season, which will mean our pitching staff will be incredibly deep next year.

We have beaten numerous top 25 teams, had one really bad series against KU and yet are a top 25 team.

I think the vast majority of people invested in this program believe great things are in it's future under Coach Moore…
IowaBear
We're 22-14 we don't deserve to be a top 25 team. We're staring at 23-17 after Tx sweeps us next weekend. This was the year to get back to supers and BU is failing miserably. Injuries are part of the game. Blaming the struggles on injuries alone is lame with how many returning starters we have. There's nothing to suggest will be any better next year as the roster is heavy on upper class man. Recruiting hasn't been great and that rearing it's ugly head
MrGolfguy
Won the Tech series today with a 11-3 run rule victory.
Big Bear
They are not to be outdone. Don't bother with the Alan. I think I know who Iowabear is and I definitely know Trex.
They do not deserve answered. I have never seen TRex at a SB game. Iowa bear has an axe to grind.
IowaBear
Oh you know me do ya? New news to me.
Axe to grind?? What axe, calling out the severely underachieving season isn't an axe to grind. Calling a spade a spade. Sorry I don't pump sunshine like you and others on here. Moore ain't taking BU back to the WS. Hell he isnt even taking them to a super regional. But by all means keep living in la la land.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.