2019 NCAA Volleyball Tournament

8,708 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mzia12
Heart
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sic 'Em
Jack Bauer
Bears Win! Final Four Bound!!
Mitch Blood Green
Bears win.
Jack Bauer
Do they get to cut down the volleyball net?
Jack Bauer
Self Made Bear
I confess the first match I've ever attended. It was a lot of fun. Great feeling to see the Bears go to the Final Four
geewago
Jack Bauer said:

YES, Cut the nets and bend the poles !!!!!
Malbec
Jack Bauer said:

They tear off the antenna and beat the losing team with it.

zt1014
I wanna go to Pittsburgh, but flights are like $1k
BUbackerinET
Always expensive getting in there - no idea why - is that posted time for the game of 6:00 on ESPN correct?
Self Made Bear
zt1014 said:

I wanna go to Pittsburgh, but flights are like $1k

Try flying into Cleveland and driving 2 hours to Pittsburgh.
BUbackerinET
Anybody know if the game time is 6:00, or 7:00, it's posted on NCAA website as 7:00, but doesn't include time zone
Jack Bauer
BUbackerinET said:

Anybody know if the game time is 6:00, or 7:00, it's posted on NCAA website as 7:00, but doesn't include time zone

That's 7pm EST (Pittsburgh). The game will be on ESPN at 6pm CST
Jacques Strap
Very late to this bandwagon but looking forward to the final four!

Now that I have espn+ looking forward to following more closely going forward.
blueeyedbear
Jacques Strap said:

Sorry friend bad news its not on ESPN+
Good news - its on ESPN
Still plenty of room in the band wagon for some more fans - great group of young ladies to root for !!!
Jacques Strap
blueeyedbear said:

Jacques Strap said:

Sorry friend bad news its not on ESPN+
Good news - its on ESPN
Still plenty of room in the band wagon for some more fans - great group of young ladies to root for !!!

Meant to say for next season I'm hoping that many of the matches will be on espn+.
Goldigger
what date is the game
Jack Bauer
Goldigger said:

what date is the game

Jack Bauer
Jacques Strap
The more I learn about this team the more I like it. Coach paid his dues to get to where he is!

PRIOR TO BAYLOR
McGuyre has coached at the collegiate level for both men and women since 1999 including head-coaching stints at California Baptist (CBU) and Biola University, both of which are faith-based institutions.

As associate head coach for two seasons, McGuyre and the Florida State Seminoles finished a 2014 NCAA Tournament run reaching the Sweet 16 before a loss to national runner-up, BYU. The Seminoles finished 30-3 in 2014, and in his first season at Florida State in 2013, the Seminoles posted a 26-8 record and advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16.

Prior to his arrival at Florida State, McGuyre was an assistant at Maryland for one season following a 10-year head coaching stint at CBU from 2002-2011. There, he was the head coach for both the men's and women's programs, and he crafted a men's program that won six NAIA national championships (2004, '05, '06, '07, '10, '11) and three women's national titles (2004, '05, '11).

Among many accolades at CBU, McGuyre was named the 2005 NAIA Men's National Coach of the Year and in 2011 the NCCAA Division I National Coach of the Year. In 2010, he made history by being named both the AVCA Men's and Women's NAIA National Coach of the Year in the same calendar year.

During his coaching, McGuyre's teams have knocked off several elite NCAA Division I programs including; USC, UCLA, Stanford, Pepperdine, Long Beach State, UC Santa Barbara, Penn State, UC Irvine and Hawaii. On two occasions, McGuyre's team defeated the No. 1 ranked NCAA Division I program.

He also served as a volunteer assistant for the 2006 USA men's volleyball team where he helped run practice drills as well as charting, video analysis and game planning for opposing countries. While at CBU, he served as the awards committee chairman, a regional rater, and was the Vice President of the NAIA Coaches Association from 2009-10.

Before his successful stop at CBU, McGuyre spent three years as head coach at Biola University from 1999-2001 in Los Angeles where he tallied 60 wins in three seasons for the women's program. Prior to his head coaching debut at Biola, he was a graduate assistant at North Carolina State (1998-99).

All in all, between men's and women's programs, McGuyre has had tremendous success as a head coach, leading 18 NAIA All-Americans, three AVCA National Player of the Year recipients, and seven different National Tournament MVP award winners.

PERSONAL
A 1998 graduate of Biola University, McGuyre earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in social science with an emphasis in secondary education and a minor in Biblical studies.

As an athlete, McGuyre lead Biola University to three NIRSA Collegiate Club National Championship appearances having won it in 1998. He was a two-time national tournament MVP award recipient.

McGuyre is married to former University of Hawaii volleyball standout and USA National Team member Jennifer (Roberts) McGuyre. Jennifer served as McGuyre's assistant coach at both CBU and Biola. The couple has three children: sons, Tryston and Ryder, and a daughter, Kitana.
blueeyedbear
Who found this guy for BU ??? - what a find !!!!! Amazing career and a positive role model - Can't say enough about how happy I am that he chose to come to Baylor - I have a feeling he is just getting started at BU
Jack Bauer
blueeyedbear said:

Who found this guy for BU ??? - what a find !!!!! Amazing career and a positive role model - Can't say enough about how happy I am that he chose to come to Baylor - I have a feeling he is just getting started at BU

Ian hired him.
blueeyedbear
Jack Bauer said:

blueeyedbear said:

Ian hired him.
Yes I know but someone knew about his resume of accomplishments and got it in front of Ian. Was it a headhunter search company, another coach or AD ??
Wichitabear
Ok I had to take another look at that lol
jdrs
This coach is awesome and every press conference is such a testament to Christ. Everything is about players being servants to each other and building each player up. Such a fine representation of Baylor students and sports. Also love seeing the ladies pray and inviting the opposing team to join them at the end of games. Not to mention these ladies can play some Volleyball!
Jacques Strap
jdrs said:

This coach is awesome and every press conference is such a testament to Christ. Everything is about players being servants to each other and building each player up. Such a fine representation of Baylor students and sports. Also love seeing the ladies pray and inviting the opposing team to join them at the end of games. Not to mention these ladies can play some Volleyball!

Agree! It is an amazing coaching feat to win the national championship for the men and women in the same year 3 times 2004, 2005, 2011. His coaching resume is astounding.
Quote:

There, he was the head coach for both the men's and women's programs, and he crafted a men's program that won six NAIA national championships (2004, '05, '06, '07, '10, '11) and three women's national titles (2004, '05, '11).
Wichitabear
Great post. This is a good thing.
jdrs
Gosh I am looking forward to tonight! Got my Baylor gear on and can't wait until it is game time!
jdrs
We played Wisconsin early in our season (in Wisconsin) and won 3-1. Hopefully this game/match won't be as close! (I realize Wisconsin is good)
Brian Ethridge
Staff
This will be a dogfight.
JustWinBears
Brian Ethridge said:

This will be a dogfight.

Pretty even matchup so far. Looks like it's gonna come down to a few mistakes here and there.
jdrs
Bears take first set!
jdrs
Very close match 27-25. Back and forth
Wichitabear
I can hardly watch it. It makes my skin crawl. So nerve racking. Lol I want it so bad for them.
SirBearALot
updates please I can not see a TV
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.