Baylor women's soccer season

6,874 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
beardoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King said:

Espnplus having issues on video so just live stats.
Good to see the TxState video crew still gainfully employed.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
I don't think it's them necessarily but get what you are saying. It was having issues for me not sure for others.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
It's been back and forth. It's halftime 0-0. Mackenzie Anthony does have a yellow card by the way. I'm not sure Taylor Moon will go back in due to injury.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Down 1-0 to WVU with less than 10 minutes 30 seconds left.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
2 minutes 16 seconds left same score
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Not sure if baylor makes ncaa tournament now but will wait and see. A loss happened. Baylor is now 8-5-6 on season.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
RPI took a big hit. It's down to 67. We should know whether we make ncaa tournament or not a week from now. At this point we don't need any bid stealers to win their respective conference tournaments if they are playing any as in teams who are on bubble or worse. Of course there is a few conferences that don't have conference tournaments.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Receiving 11 votes in the polls.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
We will see what happens tomorrow. Not going to be shocked either on ncaa bid or not.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
RPI is 72. We will see what happens this afternoon. Hopefully ncaa keeps in mind we beat TCU at TCU who will be hosting ncaa first round to third rounds.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Unfortunately they did not make it. I'm not shocked.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
I do know baylor will lose 3 starters but potentially up to 6 if the 4th year seniors/redshirt Junior don't come back. Sure we lose our goalie but our backup started at Georgetown for two seasons. My biggest areas that they need to improve are conditioning, passing, scoring, and midfield play. Defensively we are a good defensive team year in and year out. I know we bring back a good core of forwards next year even without Taylor moon coming back if she decides to leave. Motivation will be needed going into the offseason to get better.
Futbol Bear
When was the last time BU made the NCAA tournament?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
2018. It was the year baylor won big 12 regular season title and got to big 12 tournament title game but lost. However they ended with back to back elite 8s.
Futbol Bear
Was the program at a different, better level in 2018 or did they catch lightning in a bottle? Do you think that the program has taken a step backward?
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
I think it was better in 2018 than now obviously, but they did return a lot of production and experience from 2017 team to 2018. I'm not really saying it was lightening in a bottle, but some issues since then need to be fixed. Of course some of it is just nature of unpredictable in a sport where you can't predict anything. I mean 2019 returned a lot of production from the prior year and unfortunately had some injuries along the way as well as not playing at a high level they finished .500 . I think next year's team should be better in some areas with experiences coming back though they will lose 3 starters, and it sounds like some or all of 4th years will be back next year. I'm not exactly positive, but it will be interesting to find out.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
https://baylorbears.com/news/2021/11/11/soccer-soc-signs-five-to-2022-recruiting-class.aspx They signed 5 players today. 2 of them are goalies. 1 forward and 2 defenders round out the class. It sounds like to me those 4th year players are coming back for another year of eligibility with what Coach Jobson said on coaches show last night, but we will know for sure by looking at new year's roster.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Coach Jobson also said they might add a transfer or two to the program who will help contribute and fill in our areas of need as well.
Futbol Bear
What I wish for in next year's team is to demonstrate better fundamentals: passing, trapping, shielding & movement off the ball. I watched a fair number of games the past several years & it seems to me that the 2018 team was more competent in the fundamentals; specifically the ability to connect several passes, whereas the last 3 years the team struggles to connect passes, especially in the attacking third of the pitch.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Futbol Bear said:

What I wish for in next year's team is to demonstrate better fundamentals: passing, trapping, shielding & movement off the ball. I watched a fair number of games the past several years & it seems to me that the 2018 team was more competent in the fundaments; specifically the ability to connect several passes, whereas the last 3 years the team struggles to connect passes, especially in the attacking third of the pitch.
100 percent agree. They need to be better. I know last year they were younger and inexperienced, but this past year had some experience. They had the same issues though. you're exactly right on what needs to be fixed. I would say they need a normal offseason to rectify those issues.
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Paul Jobson steps away from 14 years. He was head coach since 2015

https://baylorbears.com/news/2021/11/16/soccers-jobson-steps-away-after-14-seasons.aspx

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.