Saban urging Manchin to support Freedom to Vote Act

1,095 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jack Bauer
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Johnny Bear
Neither of those two represent the overwhelming majority of Manchin's base and he's smart enough to know it.
cowboycwr
So two people who do not live in the state are trying to get him to vote a certain way..... I hope the Senator does not let 2 non constituents influence him.
Canada2017
The packaging of a bill is so instrumental with the clueless .

"rights'....... aren't rights in this case. Rather a 100% power play by the Democratic Party .

The flagrant race based discrimination of 'affirmative action' has lingered on for decades.

Yet its's news that a couple of college football coaches push their opinions .

Sickening .

boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
this is all political theater.

Quote:

Democrats are fighting for two voting bills that are floundering in the Senate. Both measures the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Act have passed the House but are unlikely to get through the Senate without changes to its filibuster rules.

Mr. Manchin and Democratic Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona have both said they oppose changing the filibuster, which requires a 60-vote threshold to end debate and vote on a bill, for the election measures.
Canada2017
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

Democrats are fighting for two voting bills that are floundering in the Senate. Both measures the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Act have passed the House but are unlikely to get through the Senate without changes to its filibuster rules.

Mr. Manchin and Democratic Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona have both said they oppose changing the filibuster, which requires a 60-vote threshold to end debate and vote on a bill, for the election measures.

Far more dangerous than mere theater .

Provides the means for the political party in control of the federal government to steal elections throughout the nation .
Jack Bauer
Canada2017 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

Provides the means for the political party in control of the federal government to steal elections throughout the nation .
I think Saban is "playing politics" for recruits. Making a case for "Voting rights" on MLK day to look compassionate.

I remember when 80-year old Jack Nicklaus (who has not been in the spotlight for 20+ years) was villified for endorsing Trump last year. The media could not believe it.
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

maxine waters lied about Dems not using the filibuster even after they used it on the Nord Stream sanctions recently plus she blasted her fellow senators saying that they "don't care whether or not they undermine the rights of minorities and blacks in this country."

The Dems used the filabuster rule 327 times in 2020.

Rep BYRON DONALDS responded " I think it's completely outrageous, it's not based on facts. The reality is, is that what she and the Democrats want to pass by breaking the filibuster, something, by the way, that they have defended every single year that the Senate has been in existence up until right now. What they want to do is just basically have the federal government take over all elections in the United States. So if you think that's the Democrat agenda and that's supposed to be good for all Americans, I completely disagree with you.

I think that Senator Manchin, and Senator Sinema are doing the right thing by maintaining the filibuster because its purpose is to protect the minority voices in the United States Senate. We are not a pure democracy. We are a constitutional republic. The filibuster is one of the mechanisms that helps to maintain the republic."

In 2005, Biden argued against the elimination of the filibuster, which many Democrats are encouraging now in order to push legislation through the 50-50 split in the Senate.
"It is not only a bad idea, it upsets the constitutional design, and it disservices the country," then-Sen. Biden said at the time about eliminating the practice. "No longer would the Senate be that 'different kind of legislative body' that the founders intended. No longer would the Senate be the 'saucer' to cool the passions of the immediate majority."

“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
J.R.
I really don't like to commingle my sports and my politics........Hey, Saban, STFU. You live in Alabama.
Osodecentx
J.R. said:

I really don't like to commingle my sports and my politics........Hey, Saban, STFU. You live in Alabama.
Sinema and Manchin are for the bills, they're against breaking the filibuster

There is a difference
4th and Inches
Honest question..

Why do we need a "voting rights" bill if "2020 was the fairest election in history"?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Johnny Bear
4th and Inches said:

Honest question..

Why do we need a "voting rights" bill if "2020 was the fairest election in history"?

Other honest questions……
Exactly who are the qualified voters out there that are being denied their rights and where are they??
Guy Noir
The Bills are not about voting rights. The bills are Federalizing Voting regulations and taking power away from the States.

Johnny Bear
Jack Bauer said:

Canada2017 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

I think Saban is "playing politics" for recruits. Making a case for "Voting rights" on MLK day to look compassionate..

Bingo - I thought the same thing.
4th and Inches
Guy Noir said:

The Bills are not about voting rights. The bills are Federalizing Voting regulations and taking power away from the States.

good luck with that, powers are specifically laid out in the elections clause and the 14th amendment. Not really needing anything else..

Elections Clause confers the power to regulate congressional elections to the "Legislature" of each state.

While congress has some right to change the rules, federalizing or removing the states power to regulate elections seems a step to far.

–Horace

Iron Claw
Guy Noir said:

Which the MSM refuses to point out.
4th and Inches
Iron Claw said:

Guy Noir said:

Which the MSM refuses to point out.
what? i am shocked the alphabet soup of talking heads missed pointing out this revelation. Just shocked..

–Horace

Mothra
Jack Bauer said:

Canada2017 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

I think Saban is "playing politics" for recruits.
Bingo. He always has been a *****.
BellCountyBear
Race panderers gonna pander. #blackrecruits
Canada2017
Guy Noir said:

Bingo !

Which is why old man Biden was so vitriolic in his recent speech .

He ( his handlers ) were looking for the gullible to fall for the Dem .smokescreen .

It's a pure dictatorial power grab .

Still might work ….worked on Saban .
Jack Bauer
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.