Second Oath Keepers member pleads guilty to seditious conspiracy

4,086 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Osodecentx
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, there is a golf cart

Second Oath Keepers member pleads guilty to seditious conspiracy
Brian Ulrich of Georgia drove others in a golf cart to the riot and was charged in the Capitol attack

A second member of the extremist group Oath Keepers pleaded guilty Friday to seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and will cooperate with federal prosecutors to avoid a possible multiyear prison term.

Brian Ulrich, 44, of Guyton, Ga., was arrested in August on charges of joining a group of right-wing Oath Keepers members who planned and organized travel to Washington, stashed firearms in an Arlington hotel, then sent several individuals with tactical gear and radios into the Capitol.The leader of the group, Stewart Rhodes, was arrested in January and charged with seditious conspiracy in a superseding indictment with Ulrich and nine others accused of plotting to impede the inauguration of President Biden by force.

Ulrich pleaded guilty to two of five felony counts, seditious conspiracy and obstructing an official proceeding.The certification of the 2020 election results in Congress was on the day of the attack. Each count is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

Ulrich said in plea papers that he "and others agreed to take part in the plan developed by Rhodes" to "stop the lawful transfer of presidential power," by force if necessary, and that he acted "to influence or affect the conduct of the United States government and to retaliate" against it.Rhodes has pleaded not guilty.

Six days later, Ulrich admitted messaging that "Civil War" may be necessary under a Biden administration, adding, "I made my peace with God before I joined."

In an encrypted planning chat with other defendants, Ulrich discussed bringing firearms including an AR-15 style rifle and ammunition, he acknowledged in court filings.

"I will be the guy running around with the budget AR," he wrote, according to a signed statement of offense. "The more patriots the merrier gonna be wild,"Ulrich wrote, referring to the Dec. 19, 2020, tweet by President Donald Trump that events of Jan. 6 "will be wild."

On Jan. 1, before he lodged in Washington at the Mayflower Hotel, Ulrich messaged James asking, "Hey we told to bring guns and maybe stage them in VA?" He asked if they should bring guns or not and "if so how will that work?"according to plea papers.

In Washington, Ulrich allegedly drove others in a golf cart to the Capitol after it was breached, "at times swerving around law enforcement vehicles,"according to charging papers. He stayed in the building about 15 minutes, the charging papers said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/04/29/ulrich-oathkeepers-guilty-jan6/

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
This is just part of a vast left wing conspiracy to build a case against good honest American patriots.

Remember how silly this sounded when HRC used it?
Osodecentx
Another rowdy tourist found guilty

Soon after news outlets declared that Joe Biden had won the 2020 presidential election, retired Air Force lieutenant colonel Larry R. Brock Jr. began calling for revolution.
"We need to execute the traitors that are trying to steal the election, and that includes the leaders of the media and social media aiding and abetting the coup plotters," Brock wrote on Facebook on Nov. 8, 2020. "No way in hell we should accept this rigged election," he wrote in December. "I think SCOTUS needs to see if they don't act that there will be blood." On Christmas Eve, he wrote, "I bought myself body armor and a helmet for the civil war that is coming."

On Jan. 6, 2021, he showed up on the floor of the U.S. Senate wearing that helmet and body armor, and carrying zip-tie handcuffs he had picked up inside the Capitol.
Wangchung
Whew! We almost lost democracy! A guy who made three or four outlandish posts over a period of months showed up with a helmet and zip ties!
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Whew! We almost lost democracy! A guy who made three or four outlandish posts over a period of months showed up with a helmet and zip ties!

Will you answer Trump's call to demonstrate when he is arrested? Are you taking your zip ties and body armor?
Wangchung
I'm already considered a terrorist being that I'm armed and not a democrat, so why not?
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Porteroso
Wangchung said:

I'm already considered a terrorist being that I'm armed and not a democrat, so why not?

Of course you bring up having a gun when asked about being an insurrectionist. I believe you too. You could totally be a terrorist. Just a little insurrection away!
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Of course you bring up having a gun when asked about being an insurrectionist. I believe you too. You could totally be a terrorist. Just a little insurrection away!
See? What difference does it make what I do? Once one of the mouth breathers hears that someone is not a democrat they are from that moment biding their time before some label can be thrown at them. Terrorist, supremacist, nationalist, misogynist, homophobe, xenophobe, transphobe, pedophobe... on and on and on, but we all know you're just hiding the fact you don't have a valid argument.
Golem
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Will you answer Trump's call to demonstrate when he is arrested? Are you taking your zip ties and body armor?

He can take an apple, two arm chairs, a bobsled, seven Bundt pans, a trebuchet, and a dozen jalapeño and ham kolaches to a protest….he can take anything he wants to a protest in a free country. In Texas, he can even bring a gun. It's quite literally no one's business what he brings.

You totalitarian leftists sure do like to control your fellow citizens.
Osodecentx
Four Oath Keepers Associates Convicted in Jan. 6 Conspiracy Case
Two others convicted of misdemeanors in third case involving far-right militia group
WASHINGTONA jury on Monday convicted four people affiliated with the Oath Keepers of conspiring to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power on Jan. 6, 2021, capping a more than monthlong trial that highlighted the far-right militia group's role in the Capitol attack.
The trial was the third to feature the Oath Keepers and allegations that the group plotted to forcibly keep former President Donald Trump in power. In a previous trial, Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and another top member of the group were convicted in November of seditious conspiracy and other charges related to the Capitol assault.
Another jury in January found four lower-level Oath Keepers members guilty of seditious conspiracythe gravest charge the Justice Department has brought in the more than 1,000 prosecutions stemming from the Jan. 6 attack.
Of six defendants currently on trial, fourSandra Parker, Laura Steele, William Isaacs, and Connie Meggswere found guilty of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding. They face the prospect of years in prison but weren't jailed while awaiting trial and will remain free until sentencing.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/four-oath-keepers-associates-convicted-in-jan-6-conspiracy-case-45908eb3?mod=us_lead_pos3
Porteroso
Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

See? What difference does it make what I do? Once one of the mouth breathers hears that someone is not a democrat they are from that moment biding their time before some label can be thrown at them. Terrorist, supremacist, nationalist, misogynist, homophobe, xenophobe, transphobe, pedophobe... on and on and on, but we all know you're just hiding the fact you don't have a valid argument.

Poor terrorist you. What a great victim you make.
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Meh, I've been called worse by better. Stick to your labels and you'll never have to compromise your narrative with facts.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Two others convicted of misdemeanors in third case involving far-right militia group
WASHINGTONA jury on Monday convicted four people affiliated with the Oath Keepers of conspiring to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power on Jan. 6, 2021, capping a more than monthlong trial that highlighted the far-right militia group's role in the Capitol attack.
The trial was the third to feature the Oath Keepers and allegations that the group plotted to forcibly keep former President Donald Trump in power. In a previous trial, Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and another top member of the group were convicted in November of seditious conspiracy and other charges related to the Capitol assault.
Another jury in January found four lower-level Oath Keepers members guilty of seditious conspiracythe gravest charge the Justice Department has brought in the more than 1,000 prosecutions stemming from the Jan. 6 attack.
Of six defendants currently on trial, fourSandra Parker, Laura Steele, William Isaacs, and Connie Meggswere found guilty of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding. They face the prospect of years in prison but weren't jailed while awaiting trial and will remain free until sentencing.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/four-oath-keepers-associates-convicted-in-jan-6-conspiracy-case-45908eb3?mod=us_lead_pos3

so no insurrection, just conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding(18 US code 1505)
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

so no insurrection, just conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding(18 US code 1505)
Don't know USC. Why were they trying to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power?

But A jury on Monday convicted four people affiliated with the Oath Keepers of conspiring to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power on Jan. 6, 2021, capping a more than monthlong trial that highlighted the far-right militia group's role in the Capitol attack.
Porteroso
Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Meh, I've been called worse by better. Stick to your labels and you'll never have to compromise your narrative with facts.

Isn't it a label you gave yourself though? Lose track of the ole convo a bit?
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

I pointed out that I'm labeled as a terrorist by you leftists when you find out I'm not a democrat and that I am armed. Lose track of the ole convo a bit?
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

But A jury on Monday convicted four people affiliated with the Oath Keepers of conspiring to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power on Jan. 6, 2021, capping a more than monthlong trial that highlighted the far-right militia group's role in the Capitol attack.

These 6 got charges of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, conspiracy to prevent a member of congress from doing their duty, destruction of government property and civil disorder.

None of these 6 were charged with seditious conspiracy.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

These 6 got charges of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, conspiracy to prevent a member of congress from doing their duty, destruction of government property and civil disorder.

Why did they obstruct?
To get install Trump as POTUS, even though he lost the election
Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Why did they obstruct?
How were they going to install Trump? By taking pictures in the capitol?
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Why did they obstruct?

It's what they said
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Why did they obstruct?
they didnt. Cospiracy means plotting or create a plan..

–Horace

Wangchung
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Why did they obstruct?

It's what they said
So they had a desire, just no plan on how to implement it and no means of fulfilling a plan if they had ever actually came up with one? Sounds scary. We should make all Republicans turn over their private emails and texts to democrats so such a nefarious non-actionable, non-plan never happens again!
ATL Bear
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Why did they obstruct?

It's what they said
What EXACTLY did they say, and how does it relate to insurrecting the government? The entire protest peaceful and otherwise was to stop/slow the certification. Of course that is in no way an insurrecting of the US government as we've bantered back and forth before about.
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Why did they obstruct?

It's what they said
What EXACTLY did they say, and how does it relate to insurrecting the government? The entire protest peaceful and otherwise was to stop/slow the certification. Of course that is in no way an insurrecting of the US government as we've bantered back and forth before about.

A second member of the extremist group Oath Keepers pleaded guilty Friday to seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and will cooperate with federal prosecutors to avoid a possible multiyear prison term.

… arrested in August on charges of joining a group of right-wing Oath Keepers members who planned and organized travel to Washington, stashed firearms in an Arlington hotel, then sent several individuals with tactical gear and radios into the Capitol.

Ulrich said in plea papers that he "and others agreed to take part in the plan developed by Rhodes" to "stop the lawful transfer of presidential power," by force if necessary, and that he acted "to influence or affect the conduct of the United States government and to retaliate" against it.

Six days later, Ulrich admitted messaging that "Civil War" may be necessary under a Biden administration, adding, "I made my peace with God before I joined."
ATL Bear
Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Why did they obstruct?

It's what they said

… arrested in August on charges of joining a group of right-wing Oath Keepers members who planned and organized travel to Washington, stashed firearms in an Arlington hotel, then sent several individuals with tactical gear and radios into the Capitol.

Ulrich said in plea papers that he "and others agreed to take part in the plan developed by Rhodes" to "stop the lawful transfer of presidential power," by force if necessary, and that he acted "to influence or affect the conduct of the United States government and to retaliate" against it.

I'm losing track of my terrorists here. Is this the same person from the post above?
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Why did they obstruct?

It's what they said

I'm losing track of my terrorists here. Is this the same person from the post above?
It is from 1st article above
4th and Inches
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Why did they obstruct?

It's what they said

no, nobody in the original post plead guilty to seditious conspiracy. This is one of the first 2 earlier ones

–Horace

Porteroso
Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

I pointed out that I'm labeled as a terrorist by you leftists when you find out I'm not a democrat and that I am armed. Lose track of the ole convo a bit?

You pointed out that you might be considered a terrorist, then gave me a high horse speech about labels, and now want to save face. Pathetic dude. Why can't people just admit when they make mistakes. This forum just gets used as a **** can where you zealots vent your anger over the culture war you are so badly losing. Not enough popcorn on the planet.
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

You pointed out that you might be considered a terrorist, then gave me a high horse speech about labels, and now want to save face. Pathetic dude. Why can't people just admit when they make mistakes. This forum just gets used as a **** can where you zealots vent your anger over the culture war you are so badly losing. Not enough popcorn on the planet.
When you have to lie, while it's right there on the page above you, you've not only lost but you're also an idiot. Wow. I said I was considered a terrorist when it's discovered I'm not a democrat and that I am armed. You vomited up your opinion that you totally see me as a terrorist, stupidly bolstering my point about what conclusions you low intellects come to when you find out I'm not a democrat and I'm armed. If I repeat myself here it's only to help address your inability to remember posts on this very thread. It's kind of like talking to Leonard Shelby from Momento but your issue seems intentional.
Porteroso
Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

When you have to lie, while it's right there on the page above you, you've not only lost but you're also an idiot. Wow. I said I was considered a terrorist when it's discovered I'm not a democrat and that I am armed. You vomited up your opinion that you totally see me as a terrorist, stupidly bolstering my point about what conclusions you low intellects come to when you find out I'm not a democrat and I'm armed. If I repeat myself here it's only to help address your inability to remember posts on this very thread. It's kind of like talking to Leonard Shelby from Momento but your issue seems intentional.

Again you brought up being a terrorist. I just mentioned that now that you bring it up, I could totally see it. Really, you're "just a little insurrection away." Was that your point that I missed?

If you didn't want to talk about you being a terrorist you didn't have to bring it up. Are the feelings hurt? Its ok if you want to talk it out. I'm all ears!
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Again you brought up being a terrorist. I just mentioned that now that you bring it up, I could totally see it. Really, you're "just a little insurrection away." Was that your point that I missed?

If you didn't want to talk about you being a terrorist you didn't have to bring it up. Are the feelings hurt? Its ok if you want to talk it out. I'm all ears!
I brought it up by mentioning that idiots like you consider me a terrorist because I'm not a democrat and I am armed. You chimed in that you totally agree with what I said democrats label me as. Now you're saying I label myself. That never happened. "Porterpotty participates in class but does not pay attention."
Osodecentx
Another rowdy tourist punished for peacefully touring the Capitol

Capitol Rioter Sentenced to More Than 7 Years for Assaulting Police Officer
Patrick McCaughey gets one of the longest sentences for Jan. 6 Capitol attack

WASHINGTONAmong the most searing images of Jan. 6, 2021, was a police officer, bloodied and pinned inside a doorway, screaming for help as a rioter at the front of a pro-Trump mob pushed against him with a stolen riot shield.

More than two years later, that rioter received one of the lengthiest prison sentences to date in a prosecution stemming from the attack on the U.S. Capitol.

A federal judge on Friday sentenced Patrick McCaughey of Connecticut to 7 years in prison after finding him guilty in September of assaulting police and obstructing Congress's certification of the 2020 presidential election results. Mr. McCaughey elected to have a so-called bench trial, leaving it up to Judge Trevor McFadden rather than a jury to review evidence and render a verdict.

Handing down the sentence, Judge McFadden said Mr. McCaughey, 25 years old, had become a "poster-child of all that was dangerous and appalling" about the Capitol assault. But he said the defendant's role in the Capitol assault marked a "strange aberration" from an otherwise law-abiding life.

"You can do better than this," said Judge McFadden, who was appointed to the bench by President Donald Trump.

The sentence fell below the 10-year prison term that Thomas Webster, a former New York City police officer, is currently serving after being convicted of violently assaulting a police officer in a melee outside the Capitol. That remains the longest sentence ordered in a case related to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack.

Mr. McCaughey gained control of a police shield, prosecutors said, and headed to the front of the mob, where he came face-to-face with D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Daniel Hodges.

Using the stolen police shield, Mr. McCaughey pushed against Officer Hodges, prosecutors said, trapping him against the door frame while other rioters disarmed him and removed his gas mask.

Mr. McCaughey then used the shield to swipe at another police officer, landing blows on his arms while he attempted to close the tunnel door, the government said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/capitol-rioter-sentenced-to-more-than-7-years-for-assaulting-police-officer-565a2018

Golem
Osodecentx said:

WASHINGTONAmong the most searing images of Jan. 6, 2021, was a police officer, bloodied and pinned inside a doorway, screaming for help as a rioter at the front of a pro-Trump mob pushed against him with a stolen riot shield.

More than two years later, that rioter received one of the lengthiest prison sentences to date in a prosecution stemming from the attack on the U.S. Capitol.

A federal judge on Friday sentenced Patrick McCaughey of Connecticut to 7 years in prison after finding him guilty in September of assaulting police and obstructing Congress's certification of the 2020 presidential election results. Mr. McCaughey elected to have a so-called bench trial, leaving it up to Judge Trevor McFadden rather than a jury to review evidence and render a verdict.

Handing down the sentence, Judge McFadden said Mr. McCaughey, 25 years old, had become a "poster-child of all that was dangerous and appalling" about the Capitol assault. But he said the defendant's role in the Capitol assault marked a "strange aberration" from an otherwise law-abiding life.

"You can do better than this," said Judge McFadden, who was appointed to the bench by President Donald Trump.

The sentence fell below the 10-year prison term that Thomas Webster, a former New York City police officer, is currently serving after being convicted of violently assaulting a police officer in a melee outside the Capitol. That remains the longest sentence ordered in a case related to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack.

Mr. McCaughey gained control of a police shield, prosecutors said, and headed to the front of the mob, where he came face-to-face with D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Daniel Hodges.

Using the stolen police shield, Mr. McCaughey pushed against Officer Hodges, prosecutors said, trapping him against the door frame while other rioters disarmed him and removed his gas mask.

Mr. McCaughey then used the shield to swipe at another police officer, landing blows on his arms while he attempted to close the tunnel door, the government said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/capitol-rioter-sentenced-to-more-than-7-years-for-assaulting-police-officer-565a2018

Oh what violence!!!! They pushed a guy and disarmed him and then walked into the capitol for a while and walked out. Lol! The attempts to turn stupid shoving and trespass into a so called 'insurrection' are laughable….particularly in the era of contemporary BLM riots, arson, murder and rapes that have still gone largely unpunished.
Osodecentx
Golem said:

Osodecentx said:

Oh what violence!!!! They pushed a guy and disarmed him and then walked into the capitol for a while and walked out. Lol! The attempts to turn stupid shoving and trespass into a so called 'insurrection' are laughable….particularly in the era of contemporary BLM riots, arson, murder and rapes that have still gone largely unpunished.
Trump appointed judge sentenced him to 7 years
Golem
Osodecentx said:

Golem said:

Osodecentx said:

Trump appointed judge sentenced him to 7 years

Your sudden admiration for Trump is interesting but irrelevant.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.