Is Google Working with Liberal Groups to Snuff Out Conservative Websites?

2,424 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by quash
Boatshoes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I truly hope they fail, but I think all of us need to prepare for a scenario in which they win.

Link To Article...

"Note that Google, which recently fired an employee for expressing his counter-progressive opinions, thinks this information could be used to "help journalists covering hate news leverage this data in their reporting." What do they mean by "leverage this data"? They don't say, but an email sent to several conservative writers by a ProPublica reporter may give us some indication. Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer along with some others received this from ProPublica "reporter" Lauren Kirchner:

Quote:

I am a reporter at ProPublica, a nonprofit investigative newsroom in New York. I am contacting you to let you know that we are including your website in a list of sites that have been designated as hate or extremist by the American Defamation League or the Southern Poverty Law Center. We have identified all the tech platforms that are supporting websites on the ADL and SPLC lists.

We would like to ask you a few questions:
1) Do you disagree with the designation of your website as hate or extremist? Why?
2) We identified several tech companies on your website: PayPal, Amazon, Newsmax, and Revcontent. Can you confirm that you receive funds from your relationship with those tech companies? How would the loss of those funds affect your operations, and how would you be able to replace them?
3) Have you been shut down by other tech companies for being an alleged hate or extremist web site? Which companies?
4) Many people opposed to sites like yours are currently pressuring tech companies to cease their relationships with them what is your view of this campaign? Why?

In other words, nice website you've got there. It would be a shame if anything happened to it.

To summarize: Liberal ProPublica, working with the smear merchants at SPLC powered by Google sent a reporter out to issue not so veiled threats against conservative websites. It's blatantly obvious that the goal here is to tank websites they disagree with by mounting a campaign to pressure their advertisers and tech providers to drop them as clients. This comes on the heels of Google, GoDaddy, CloudFlare, Apple, and others singling out alt-right sites for destruction in the wake of the Charlottesville riots.

Jack and DP
Yes. They are involved in suppression of free speech.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
You should stop using Google immediately.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
GolemII
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Stop being a d0uche.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
You are the one calling names. I was merely pointing out that if the op believed his info he should stop using Google gmail etc etc. Sorry i don't meet your high standards
PartyBear
I guess that's why Baylorfans decided to close down--to be ahead of the curve. 365 get control or be prepared. Lol
Boatshoes

That's actually a good suggestion, one I implemented a long time ago.

Here's a seven year old article from Huffpo (your side of the aisle) before Google became a trusted co-conspirator of the worldwide leftist movement.

Avoid Google: How To Eliminate Google From Your Life
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/avoid-google-how-to-elimi_n_560894.html
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Don't pigeonhole me. I have voted for more republicans than you have.
Florda_mike
PartyBear said:

I guess that's why Baylorfans decided to close down--to be ahead of the curve. 365 get control or be prepared. Lol

Just go and stay away please
Florda_mike
George Soros
Boatshoes

Don't pigeonhole me. I have voted for more republicans than you have.

Your pigeonholed yourself with your choice of screen name.

As far as voting for more republicans than me, unless you're a civil war veteran for the union army, not a chance.

However, there is a very serious underlying question here: how do the American people function in a tech dependent society where a small number of corporate monopolies have conspired to exclude all non-leftist compliant thought from the public sphere?
Iron Claw
If you want an example of google controlling search results search "American inventors" and look at the results. Then search "inventors Americanos" (the Spanish version) and look at those results. You get a substantially different set of results.
FKA tri it
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Maybe its a tie. I started in 82 and haven't voted for a Democrat above the local level. So stop pretending you know my side. I guess your screen name is a pledge of allegiance to a phone or computer.

Google is owned by a liberal. If you don't want to use it don't. But there isn't a huge conspiracy to shut down alt right sites.
quash
Well, if your hypothetical ever comes to pass we'll see.
Kite23
Yes and they are doing so on Youtube by targeting conservative channels. Pretty disgusting. Their benchmarks for equality are the Southern Poverty Law Center, a hard liberal organization. They're essentially trying to take over the Internet and turn it into a liberal safe space where any dissenting opinion is squashed.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Have you looked under your bed lately? Reds are everywhere.
ABC BEAR
Google has become the modern day version of ITT and should be dismantled accordingly.
quash
Sure, get the state involved.

Gimme a break.
quash
And when Facebook was banning ads for Prop 19 where were y'all?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
ABC BEAR said:

Google has become the modern day version of ITT and should be dismantled accordingly.

You got something against capitalism?
Moondoggie
Florda_mike said:

George Soros

Rupert Murdock.

Both are out to manipulate the population of this country to achieve their what is best for them but not for the average American. Both have, sadly, been successful. I think we can all agree on that.
Florda_mike
pitchman said:

Florda_mike said:

George Soros

Rupert Murdock.

Both are out to manipulate the population of this country to achieve their what is best for them but not for the average American. Both have, sadly, been successful. I think we can all agree on that.

They all need viewers to survive unless they have moneytree somewhere

Murdoch's sons are coming to forefront of his empire now and in future. Fox, for one, is moving left now
Boatshoes
Google Issues Ultimatum to Conservative Website: Remove 'Hateful' Article or Lose Ad Revenue
Link to Article...

On Tuesday evening, Google sent a conservative website an ultimatum: remove one of your articles, or lose the ability to make ad revenue on your website. The website was strong-armed into removing the content, and then warned that the page was "just an example and that the same violations may exist on other pages of this website."

"Yesterday morning, we received a very bizarre letter from Google issuing us an ultimatum," Shane Trejo, media relations director of the Republican Liberty Caucus of Michigan, wrote on The Liberty Conservative. "Either we were to remove a particular article or see all of our ad revenues choked off in an instant. This is the newest method that Big Brother is using to enforce thought control."

The ultimatum came in the form of an email from Google's ad placement service AdSense. The email specifically listed an article on The Liberty Conservative's site, stating that the article violated AdSense's policies.

"As stated in our program policies, Google ads may not be placed on pages that contain content that: Threatens or advocates harm on oneself or others; Harasses, intimidates or bullies an individual or group of individuals; Incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization," the email stated.

The email warned The Liberty Conservative that it must either remove ads from that page, or "modify or remove the violating content to meet our AdSense policies."

"Please be aware that if additional violations are accrued, ad serving may be disabled to the website listed above," the AdSense email warned. "Please be aware that the URL above is just an example and that the same violations may exist on other pages of this website or other sites that you own."
quash
So this only became a problem when it affected conservative sites?
GolemII
quash said:

So this only became a problem when it affected conservative sites?

Has it affected leftist sites? What's the comparison by the numbers?

Google uses the SPLC as a source for removing content and sites. The SPLC is nothing more than leftist propaganda who labeled Ben Carson a purveyor of hate. It's a leftist circle jerk aimed at silencing Christians, patriots and capitalists.
quash
Yes, leftist sites have been targetted, starting years ago.

SPLC started off doing the right thing and then got drunk with power. I know people a lot lower profile than Dr. Carson who got popped.
Moondoggie
Applemac_G4 said:

Here's a seven year old article from Huffpo (your side of the aisle) before Google became a trusted co-conspirator of the worldwide leftist movement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/avoid-google-how-to-elimi_n_560894.html

A conservative citing a huff Post article? am I dreaming?
Moondoggie
Honestly I admire you guys wishing to dump google in protest, but I don't believe it is going to be felt at all
GolemII
pitchman said:

Applemac_G4 said:

Before the advent of more balanced sources like Fox News, all there was to quote were largely leftist sources. It's made libertarians and conservatives intellectually capable of using all data.
Florda_mike
pitchman said:

Applemac_G4 said:

Ummm, it was from Hufpo 7 YEARS AGO before complete corruption has now set in

Guess you missed that
Dr Bear
Whatever happened to Lycos? They were my preferred search engine in the 90s.
Assassin
Dr Bear said:

Whatever happened to Lycos? They were my preferred search engine in the 90s.
WebCrawler!
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, nd our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Dems are really lowering the boom on Trump
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, nd our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
quash
Dogpile FTW
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.