Afroman sued

1,067 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by quash
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sheriffs officers sued him in their private capacity.

Expect a counterclaim alleging that the plaintiffs just waived qualified immunity.

Maybe a malpractice claim to follow.

Lulz
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

Expect a counterclaim alleging that the plaintiffs just waived qualified immunity.

Lulz

Afroman? Please tell us more if you would be so kind.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

Lulz

Afroman? Please tell us more if you would be so kind.

I thought about it but figured Afroman was such a distinctive search query anybody could find the details they needed. If not add "search" and "video".
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Mitch Blood Green
quash
Mitch Blood Green said:

Love that video. The sound is all over TikTok and YouTube in some hilarious videos.
Mitch Blood Green
He turned the raid into a profitable venture.

Good for him.
Porteroso
They broke down his door, damaged his home, so he recorded them and made a rap song about the cops.

Quote:

"I asked myself, as a powerless Black man in America, what can I do to the cops that kicked my door in, tried to kill me in front of my kids, stole my money and disconnected my cameras?" he says. "And the only thing I could come up with was make a funny rap song about them and make some money, use the money to pay for the damages they did and move on."

Good for him.

Quote:

Four deputies, two sergeants and one detective from the Adams County Sheriff's Office are accusing the rapper of profiting from the unauthorized use of their likenesses, at their personal and professional expense.

In a complaint filed in an Ohio pleas court last week, they say it's been more difficult and dangerous to carry out their duties "because of comments made and attitudes expressed toward them by members of the public" who have seen the videos.

They say they have received death threats, and also suffered "humiliation, ridicule, mental distress, embarrassment and loss of reputation."

Absolute doofuses.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Porteroso said:

They broke down his door, damaged his home, so he recorded them and made a rap song about the cops.

Quote:

"I asked myself, as a powerless Black man in America, what can I do to the cops that kicked my door in, tried to kill me in front of my kids, stole my money and disconnected my cameras?" he says. "And the only thing I could come up with was make a funny rap song about them and make some money, use the money to pay for the damages they did and move on."

Good for him.

Quote:

Four deputies, two sergeants and one detective from the Adams County Sheriff's Office are accusing the rapper of profiting from the unauthorized use of their likenesses, at their personal and professional expense.

In a complaint filed in an Ohio pleas court last week, they say it's been more difficult and dangerous to carry out their duties "because of comments made and attitudes expressed toward them by members of the public" who have seen the videos.

They say they have received death threats, and also suffered "humiliation, ridicule, mental distress, embarrassment and loss of reputation."

Absolute doofuses.
Why "good for him" when it's reported that he wasn't even home at the time, and his ex-wife and kids don't live in the house, but live "nearby"? Isn't it libel to say they "tried to kill him in front of his kids"?

And what exactly makes the cops "doofuses"? For not wanting to be libeled and defamed for carrying out their duty as civil servants in performing a legal raid? For not wanting their name, image, and likeness being used without their permission for profit? What do you mean?
BusyTarpDuster2017
Mitch Blood Green said:

Good for him.

Since he profited by using their image and likeness without their permission, and further defamed them in the process, they have a case against him.
Mitch Blood Green
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Good for him.

Since he profited by using their image and likeness without their permission, and further defamed them in the process, they have a case against him.

He doesn't need their permission. They are public servants (who kicked in his door based on faulty intelligence) and are recorded in HIS home.

It's implied permission. It's no different than people caught on police camera video doing dumb things. If you go viral, too bad.

I didn't know the video existed until the lawsuit. Now I know about yellow pound cake.
Porteroso
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Porteroso said:

Quote:

Good for him.

Quote:

Absolute doofuses.
Why "good for him" when it's reported that he wasn't even home at the time, and his ex-wife and kids don't live in the house, but live "nearby"? Isn't it libel to say they "tried to kill him in front of his kids"?

And what exactly makes the cops "doofuses"? For not wanting to be libeled and defamed for carrying out their duty as civil servants in performing a legal raid? For not wanting their name, image, and likeness being used without their permission for profit? What do you mean?

I'm under the impression that when someone enters your home uninvited, legally or not, you can record them and use the recording of your own house however you would like.

Are you saying you know his kids were not present for this? That is the first I've heard this claim. Or are you bsing.
Mitch Blood Green
drahthaar
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Good for him.

Probably not since they're public employees. That said, there's a ton of "evidence" that conflicts so the suit might be the only way to sift wheat from chaff. What a waste of public resources. What a waste of human tissue all the way around.
Mitch Blood Green
So, I listened to two of the songs. Some of the worse parody I've ever heard. Horrible writing (good voice.)

IMO, the lawsuit will make him more money than he'd have made alone.
quash
Mitch Blood Green said:

So, I listened to two of the songs. Some of the worse parody I've ever heard. Horrible writing (good voice.)

IMO, the lawsuit will make him more money than he'd have made alone.

Maybe Depends on whether the cop defense of privacy waives qualified immunity in the Afroman counterclaim.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.