another unqualified diversity hire

2,014 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
JXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Porteroso said:

JXL said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

JXL said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

You guys are joking yourselves. Look at Republicans in Congress and I wonder what % are white males. Being a white male is still big in politics, at least for Repubs.
What a simplistic analysis. The vast majority of Repubs are white. That might explain the color of Republican politicians as opposed to racism.

First, 81% of Repubs in 2019 were white (though now that number is lower), as opposed to 59% of Dems are white. In the House, Repubs elected 91% whites. Dems 56%.

Second, I did not say this is racism. I am saying being white is big in politics, at least for Repubs. Not every time race is considered, is there racism. The discussion is whether being white factors into being elected, and obviously the simple answer is yes.
If your point is Republicans are mostly white, that is an obvious and indisputable fact. But the subject discussed on this thread is whether race is a factor voters consider in the candidates they support. Are you saying Republicans consider the race of the Republican candidate in deciding who to vote for or not? And if so, is that not racism?

It is exceedingly obvious that Republicans consider race when voting. Generally speaking. I'm hesitant to label that racist, but the fact is, as white as Republicans are, they vote even whiter. I'm sure this is due to many factors but if even just 10% of Republicans were racist, it would result in skewed demographics of representatives.

Would Barack Obama have been elected President if he had been white?

Would Trump who cheats on his wife, has 3 baby mommas, attacks judges, lies, grabs women by the *****, doesn't attend church, never held office, not releases his taxes and talks about how ****ty America is have been elected if he were black?

If he had been a black Democrat (or a white one,) none of that would have mattered, now would it?

Who knows. But in reality he is a Republican and it doesn't matter to the Repubs. Beating the libs is all that matters. Theorycrafting is useless.

If you don't think Democrats can get away with things like that, Juanita Broaddrick would like a word with you.
Mitch Blood Green
Mothra said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

JXL said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

You guys are joking yourselves. Look at Republicans in Congress and I wonder what % are white males. Being a white male is still big in politics, at least for Repubs.
What a simplistic analysis. The vast majority of Repubs are white. That might explain the color of Republican politicians as opposed to racism.

First, 81% of Repubs in 2019 were white (though now that number is lower), as opposed to 59% of Dems are white. In the House, Repubs elected 91% whites. Dems 56%.

Second, I did not say this is racism. I am saying being white is big in politics, at least for Repubs. Not every time race is considered, is there racism. The discussion is whether being white factors into being elected, and obviously the simple answer is yes.
If your point is Republicans are mostly white, that is an obvious and indisputable fact. But the subject discussed on this thread is whether race is a factor voters consider in the candidates they support. Are you saying Republicans consider the race of the Republican candidate in deciding who to vote for or not? And if so, is that not racism?

It is exceedingly obvious that Republicans consider race when voting. Generally speaking. I'm hesitant to label that racist, but the fact is, as white as Republicans are, they vote even whiter. I'm sure this is due to many factors but if even just 10% of Republicans were racist, it would result in skewed demographics of representatives.

Would Trump who cheats on his wife, has 3 baby mommas, attacks judges, lies, grabs women by the *****, doesn't attend church, never held office, not releases his taxes and talks about how ****ty America is have been elected if he were black?

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have had multiple affairs and baby mommas. Hasn't seemed to hurt them.

Hell even MLK was a serial adulterer.

Tell me which election either of them won? You can look it up.

Up until about a Jimmy Carter, men in leadership had affairs and kept mistresses.

Republicans are the ones who claim to be the moral standard. (They aren't). I can assure you, if George Santos were a Democrat , Pelosi wouldn't have a George Santos problem.
Mitch Blood Green
JXL said:

Porteroso said:

JXL said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

JXL said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

If he had been a black Democrat (or a white one,) none of that would have mattered, now would it?

Who knows. But in reality he is a Republican and it doesn't matter to the Repubs. Beating the libs is all that matters. Theorycrafting is useless.

If you don't think Democrats can get away with things like that, Juanita Broaddrick would like a word with you.

Did Juanita Broderick make accusations against Clinton before or after he was elected? How many wives did we know Clinton had in 1996?

Besides, Democrats are amoral. Why are t you applying the Republican standard you apply to Democrats to Trump?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
fubar said:

4th and Inches said:

fubar said:

How many of the committee members were elected because they're white?
one would hope the answer is zero, or we still have work to do.. skin color is the worst qualification for electing any govt official. Gender is a close second worst.
I agree. I suspect we also agree that the answer to the question is, in fact, zero, and we wonder why anybody would assume differently.

Do we also agree that assuming that a person of a different skin color was elected solely because of her skin color is pretty ****ing arrogant, if not downright stupid?
Karine Jean-Pierre is the epitome of eloquence, intelligence, and savvy public speaking skills. No doubt she was hired for her critical thinking skills. I figure she will be a Democrat Presidential candidate someday. She represents the Democrat Party well.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BellCountyBear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

If you dont like democracy what system would you embrace?
Good lord, man, democracy is just another word for mob-rule.
Mothra
Mitch Blood Green said:

Mothra said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

JXL said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have had multiple affairs and baby mommas. Hasn't seemed to hurt them.

Hell even MLK was a serial adulterer.

Tell me which election either of them won? You can look it up.

Up until about a Jimmy Carter, men in leadership had affairs and kept mistresses.

Republicans are the ones who claim to be the moral standard. (They aren't). I can assure you, if George Santos were a Democrat , Pelosi wouldn't have a George Santos problem.

Whether they won elections is irrelevant. Point is they're still very popular with the black community regardless of their moral transgressions.

Trump is an anomaly I will give you that. He's an immoral dude no question. But the issue is, so is Biden. So no moral high ground there.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
4th and Inches said:

a constitutional republic..

We are a federal constitutional represenative democracy.
4th and Inches

4th and Inches said:

a constitutional republic..

We are a federal constitutional represenative democracy.
ever recite the pledge?

It doesnt say "and to the represntative democracy, for which it stands"

We could continue the conversation beyond this if you like..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.