Interesting

935 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.newsweek.com/texas-bishop-slams-greg-abbott-says-christians-have-duty-resist-1884548

I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
KaiBear
Not surprising you would post criticism of a republican attempting to regain some semblance of control of our southern border. Been obvious for years you want the chaos of open borders.

Though it is amusing that only now do you put any credence into what a Catholic says . When otherwise you ignore whatever religious precepts goes against your hedonistic lifestyle.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I have never pretended to be a Catholic. I have attend Catholic churches at different times.in my life out of convienence. though I dont agree with some of their theology , I just thought it was an interesting article. I am not in favor of "open borders". I would like immigration reform. Neither political party has handled the border system very well.
Wangchung
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I have never pretended to be a Catholic. I have attend Catholic churches at different times.in my life out of convienence. though I dont agree with some of their theology , I just thought it was an interesting article. I am not in favor of "open borders". I would like immigration reform. Neither political party has handled the border system very well.
But one side has been demonstrably worse and it's not even close. Catholic organizations are a large force behind coordinating groups of illegals, before crossing and after. Not a great source of moral outrage.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Thats the point i was trying to make.
Forest Bueller_bf

Quote:

Abishop in El Paso, Texas, a popular U.S. entry point for illegal immigration, said statewide efforts to villainize migrants is a sad sight and falls on the shoulders of Governor Greg Abbott.
Not sure I would call it villainizing migrants. It is simply not sustainable to have 2.4 million people illegally crossing the border every year.

It just can't continue to happen. That politicians are such cowards they won't step up and do something to stop it are the folks who should be villainized. Not the folks looking for better their life.
KaiBear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Quote:

Abishop in El Paso, Texas, a popular U.S. entry point for illegal immigration, said statewide efforts to villainize migrants is a sad sight and falls on the shoulders of Governor Greg Abbott.
Not sure I would call it villainizing migrants. It is simply not sustainable to have 2.4 million people illegally crossing the border every year.

It just can't continue to happen. That politicians are such cowards they won't step up and do something to stop it are the folks who should be villainized. Not the folks looking for better their life.

Imagine this invasion going on indefinitely ?

And if the Dems continue to pay for food, shelter, medical care and transportation......why in the world would it stop on its own ?

Yet there are many people who simply can not comprehend the consequences of these kinds of numbers.
They blissfully slide along; believing none of this will impact them or their children.

BusyTarpDuster2017
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Quote:

I would also add that the leaders of the countries these migrants are coming from should be villianized as well. They are the ones primarily responsible for the migrants' poor situation. I wouldn't even doubt it if they are getting rid of their criminals by sending them here too. But the left only wants to blame the U.S. for not wanting to take other countries' problems into our country, and not the other countries for creating the problem. It is the highest stupidity. The other countries are thankful that the U.S. has so many useful idiots. That's the root problem that Kamala Harris said she was looking for, but instead she's giggling about yellow school buses.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Christians also have the duty to look out for their neighbor and fellow citizen, which means to support the enforcement of laws meant to protect them.
KaiBear
Perfect
BearN
I heard from a family member who is a teacher about to retire that Catholic Charities have been importing third world for at least a decade and probably longer. They have wrecked some of the school districts out in West Texas - some schools have more different foreign languages than you can count. It is a circus and not the good kind.

https://www.heritage.org/homeland-security/heritage-explains/who-helping-biden-facilitate-americas-border-crisis
Wangchung
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Thats the point i was trying to make.
Sorry, I was confused by your statement that seemed to equate both sides of the aisle in this discussion. My bad.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
You said it better than i did.

I am not a Catholic but have often lived in places where the Catholic Church is the only choice (aside from Russian Orthodox). I was a reader in one Catholic church for a few years. I admire the church because I think they do more to help the poor than many of the big flashy churches.

One poster recently claimed that Pres. Biden couldnt be a Catholic because he defended womens right to abortion. i was wondering if the same poster would renounce the republican party for not aligning with his churches attitude towards migration and the poor.

btw, I just returned from Laredo Nuevo last Sunday and am happy to report the border there is not open. I had to show my passport when I walked the bridge and reentered Texas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.