Georgia Parliament vs. US House or Senate

1,021 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by cowboycwr
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd like to see some fire like this in our effeminate Washington DC boys and girls. Instead of backbone and fighting back I'd bet the vast majority of our representatives would soil or wet themselves if challenged or attacked. Kind of like we saw when that brutal "insurrection" took place on January 6.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
fubar
Yes, of course, fistfights are THE way to govern.
fubar
A more civilized way: Break out the rulers. Longest one wins.
Thee University
Don't ask Lady Graham to get his manicured nails dirty.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Bestweekeverr
I think you have lost the plot when you think our government should be run by who can better win a fist fight.
Thee University
I did not say that.

I just think when you get too many pencil necked, limp-wristed, dishwater hand and concave chested LGBTQ members making laws and spending tax money that the softness and spineless overrules. In other words, too many lawyers in one building.
ATL Bear
When Russian influence takes over a country, this is what you can expect. Not the fisticuffs, but the actual bill. They don't want countries joining the EU.
Doc Holliday
fubar said:

If governments become tyrannical, absolutely.
Bestweekeverr
Thee University said:

I did not say that.

I just think when you get too many pencil necked, limp-wristed, dishwater hand and concave chested LGBTQ members making laws and spending tax money that the softness and spineless overrules. In other words, too many lawyers in one building.
So you want more hot-headed, emotional men/steroid women in congress?

I don't get how physical prowess is connected to being a good politician.

I will take weak, skinny congressmen that listen to constituents, are intelligent, and good at making/passing policy over getting more passionate, dumb strongmen.

I'm sure the international community is so impressed and totally not laughing at Georgia right now.
Thee University
You want, weak leadership? We've got it! Self serving, spoiled shysters that many have never had to work or compete in their lives. Our country is dying at the dishwater hands of these people.

I'll take those that know how to fight (physically & mentally) and truly earn their rewards.

I'll bet you are a Joe Biden supporter.
Porteroso
Thee University said:

You want, weak leadership? We've got it! Self serving, spoiled shysters that many have never had to work or compete in their lives. Our country is dying at the dishwater hands of these people.

I'll take those that know how to fight (physically & mentally) and truly earn their rewards.

I'll bet you are a Joe Biden supporter.

What are dishwater hands? Is the implication that men shouldn't do dishes, so one who does is a beta male?
Redbrickbear
fubar said:

Surprisingly they are pretty common in parliamentary systems.

And paradoxically parliamentary systems are some of the most stable forms of government at least compared to Presidential-Republics

(See Japanese fistfights in the parliament)

Maybe it's healthy for the parties to blow off a little steam once in a while with a fist fight?

Porteroso
Redbrickbear said:

fubar said:

And paradoxically parliamentary systems are some of the most stable forms of government at least compared to Presidential-Republics

Maybe it's healthy for the parties to blow off a little steam once in a while with a fist fight?

Anyone who thinks violence is a healthy way to blowing of steam is probably in need of modern therapy. I think US politicians beating each other to death would make a lot of money as a PPV channel, but is not what I'd hope for.
Redbrickbear
Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

fubar said:

Anyone who thinks violence is a healthy way to blowing of steam is probably in need of modern therapy..

You are not listening to male (or even some female) biology and human nature.

We as humans were made for violence…that might upset some people to say it outloud but it's the truth.

(My cousin suffered from severe depression until he got into a kickboxing/fighting gym. He goes all the time now and it's significantly cut down his episodes of severe depression cases/episodes)

I can't say political debates would be better as blood sport but let's not pretend that parliamentary democracies don't have political fist fights…and that they don't seem to have very terrible outcomes in terms of how political systems go

There were no fist fights in Saddams Ba'athist presidential republic or any fights in the North Korean people's assembly.

There are now in modern Iraq and in the Republic of South Korea (makes you think)
beardoc
But at least CSPAN would give WWE a run for their money.
cowboycwr
We had a thread on this not too long ago when a member of Congress threatened someone at a hearing and was challenging them to a fist fight. Don't remember who either person was but remember the thread went on a while here.
Porteroso
Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

fubar said:

Anyone who thinks violence is a healthy way to blowing of steam is probably in need of modern therapy..

We as humans were made for violence…that might upset some people to say it outloud but it's the truth.

(My cousin suffered from severe depression until he got into a kickboxing/fighting gym. He goes all the time now and it's significantly cut down his episodes of severe depression cases/episodes)

I can't say political debates would be better as blood sport but let's not pretend that parliamentary democracies don't have political fist fights…and that they don't seem to have very terrible outcomes in terms of how political systems go

There were no fist fights in Saddams Ba'athist presidential republic or any fights in the North Korean people's assembly.

There are now in modern Iraq and in the Republic of South Korea (makes you think)

Your cousin was likely a couch potato that started exercising. Am I wrong? Was he a bodybuilder before? Of course not.

We are designed to be active, not violent.
Redbrickbear
Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

fubar said:

Your cousin was likely a couch potato that started exercising. Am I wrong? Was he a bodybuilder before? Of course not.

Normal college educated office worker
Porteroso
Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

fubar said:

People did not evolve to be educated office workers. They do it to make money, not because it is healthy. I'm glad your cousin got into a fighting gym. Likely put a decade back into his life.
Redbrickbear
Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

fubar said:

People did not evolve to be educated office workers. They do it to make money, not because it is healthy. I'm glad your cousin got into a fighting gym. Likely put a decade back into his life.

Agree with that.

Being inside all day is probably not good for us as humans
cowboycwr
Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

fubar said:

False. How did early humans survive??? By being violent in a violent world.

Just because we have grown and learned and created a less violent world does not mean we have magically evolved that out of our nature.

Just like animals that we have domesticated sometimes lash out and attack. It is in their nature.

Anyone who has ever had kids or spent time with kids also understands this. One of the first things parents have to teach their children is not to HIT. Because hitting is a natural defense when we feel threatened- we have to teach kids not to hit so they learn what is actually a threat and what is just a feeling (like anger because they didn't get their way, someone took their toy, etc.)
Redbrickbear
Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

fubar said:

This was interesting….

Mitch Blood Green
Did someone say George from Parliament?

ATL Bear
cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

fubar said:

Just because we have grown and learned and created a less violent world does not mean we have magically evolved that out of our nature.

Just like animals that we have domesticated sometimes lash out and attack. It is in their nature.

Anyone who has ever had kids or spent time with kids also understands this. One of the first things parents have to teach their children is not to HIT. Because hitting is a natural defense when we feel threatened- we have to teach kids not to hit so they learn what is actually a threat and what is just a feeling (like anger because they didn't get their way, someone took their toy, etc.)
That's not violence. That's selfishness, something all species have. Unless sociopathic, humans actually have to be trained and or desensitized for violence. Fear and flight are the strongest natural survival mechanisms of humans.
Porteroso
cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

fubar said:

That is entirely a joke. And just read what I wrote, before you go off on a rant next time. Violence as stress relief is not healthy. It may be common, but we have a term for it, physical abuse. Not good, not beneficial to society, and many other things that work much, much better.

I'm not saying we don't have violent tendencies, just that violence is not a real form of stress relief.
cowboycwr
ATL Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

Redbrickbear said:

fubar said:

That's not violence. That's selfishness, something all species have. Unless sociopathic, humans actually have to be trained and or desensitized for violence. Fear and flight are the strongest natural survival mechanisms of humans.
That is violence. It is the very literal definition of violence.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.