July 2, 1776

718 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Limited IQ Redneck in PU
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On this day in history, July 2:

1776: Second Continental Congress voted for independence. John Adams wrote to his wife the next day,

"I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more".

With the exception of the date for celebration, he was pretty accurate.
Fre3dombear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

1776: Second Continental Congress voted for independence. John Adams wrote to his wife the next day,

"I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more".

Probably he couldn't have imagined a majority of Americans couldn't even tell ya what the date commemorates accurately
BUbearinARK
It's incredible that junteeth is still celebrated
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Fre3dombear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Probably he couldn't have imagined a majority of Americans couldn't even tell ya what the date commemorates accurately

Stat or just pulled out of ass?

I found that 82% of Americans celebrated 4th of July. Have you ever considered that there are intelligent people that dont think exactly like you do? You must live in a small world
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
BUbearinARK said:

It's incredible that junteeth is still celebrated

If my family had been involved in chattel slavery I would celebrate freedom. I don't see why it has grown beyond Texas.
Realitybites
How it started:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

How its going:

Illuminations are banned in many communities because they cause injuries and start fires, and .gov doesn't want to pay for either. Guns are heavily regulated because .gov wants Ukrainians, not Americans to have them. The only bells are on ships. Sports is alternatively kneeling and celebrating sodomy instead of the revolution. Actually, that was yesterday; today they have moved on to trannies in women's leagues. Parades will allegedly cause global warming.

...and we have to refer to the whole thing as the 4th lest independence day stir in some minds it is the commemoration of an armed revolution against a tyrant.

I used to really get into the 4th when I was a kid. That was before I realized that the people who were supposed to believe in the reason for the season no longer did. The only holidays I celebrate now are Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Bestweekeverr
Realitybites said:

How it started:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

How its going:

Illuminations are banned in many communities because they cause injuries and start fires, and .gov doesn't want to pay for either. Guns are heavily regulated because .gov wants Ukrainians, not Americans to have them. The only bells are on ships. Sports is alternatively kneeling and celebrating sodomy instead of the revolution. Actually, that was yesterday; today they have moved on to trannies in women's leagues. Parades will allegedly cause global warming.

...and we have to refer to the whole thing as the 4th lest independence day stir in some minds it is the commemoration of an armed revolution against a tyrant.

I used to really get into the 4th when I was a kid. That was before I realized that the people who were supposed to believe in the reason for the season no longer did. The only holidays I celebrate now are Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Fre3dombear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Fre3dombear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

I found that 82% of Americans celebrated 4th of July. Have you ever considered that there are intelligent people that dont think exactly like you do? You must live in a small world

Found this while digging around in my anus

https://www.onepoll.us/two-out-of-three-americans-dont-know-the-true-meaning-of-independence-day/
LIB,MR BEARS
Fre3dombear said:

Fre3dombear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

https://www.onepoll.us/two-out-of-three-americans-dont-know-the-true-meaning-of-independence-day/
Pics or it didn't happen

No. Wait.
whitetrash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Fre3dombear said:

Fre3dombear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Pics or it didn't happen

No. Wait.
Redbrickbear
Always interesting that the America was of independence (really war of secession) was also a civil war.

With at least 25% of the population remaining loyalists…and with whole provinces in the North (Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, etc.) remaining loyal to Britain.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
https://news.gallup.com/poll/4576/americans-celebrate-fourth-july.aspx

Your poll doesn't make sense.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.