Reported Harris Declines To Preside Over Senate When

1,117 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by KaiBear
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bibi arrives in the building

WaPo
Quote:

Vice President Harris has declined to preside over the Senate chamber when Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addresses a joint meeting of Congress on Wednesday afternoon, according to two people familiar with her plans who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations.
Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) also declined to preside over the joint meeting, according to her spokesman. Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.), chair of the Foreign Relations Committee, will perform the ceremonial role, according to a person familiar with his plans. Cardin, who is Jewish, is retiring at the end of the year.

The scramble over who would preside over the Senate underscores the awkwardness of the speech for Democrats, who voted in large numbers this spring to send billions of dollars in additional military support to Israel but who have also agonized over Netanyahu's tactics and the humanitarian catastrophe that has unfolded across the strip.

As vice president, Harris is also president of the Senate, and casts the deciding vote on legislation or nominations in cases where the vote is tied. She rarely presides over congressional proceedings, however, except in special cases such as a joint meeting.
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
Mitch Blood Green
Good. Bibi only comes to further divide the country.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
So our Democrat candidate for President is an anti-Semite. That is just great! I am not surprised one bit. Kamala pandering to the militant Muslims. Not sure how at this point a single Jewish person in the U.S. could cast a vote for any Democrat. Hateful, hateful people.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Mitch Blood Green
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

So our Democrat candidate for President is an anti-Semite. That is just great! I am not surprised one bit. Kamala pandering to the militant Muslims. Not sure how at this point a single Jewish person in the U.S. could cast a vote for any Democrat. Hateful, hateful people.

Yes. She hates Jews so much so, she makes her husband sleep in the couch.

Emhoff singing this.

Aliceinbubbleland
I'm pretty sure she attended when Zelensky spoke to Joint Session. This would appear to be a disagreement with Bibi moreso than anything.

They will have to thread a needle to make Bibi opposition seem more humanitarian (Gaza) political rather than more anti-semitic to succeed.
Aliceinbubbleland
Updated

Harris plans to meet with Netanyahu at the White House this week separately from President Biden's planned meeting with the prime minister, according to the aide. Her travel also means she will not preside over his address, which she had declined to do earlier.

The aide said her travel to Indianapolis "should not be interpreted as a change in her position with regard to Israel. This is simply a statement confirming her travel plans."
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Mitch Blood Green said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Yes. She hates Jews so much so, she makes her husband sleep in the couch.

Emhoff singing this.

There is no doubt who wears the pantsuit in this family. Kamala must carry his balls around in her pocket.

-- Barack Obama
KaiBear
Mitch Blood Green said:

Interesting take.

On what facts do you base your analysis ?

And exactly how do your facts differentiate with the motives of the president of Ukraine ?
Oldbear83
KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Interesting take.

And exactly how do your facts differentiate with the motives of the president of Ukraine ?
Which one is a Jew?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Mitch Blood Green
Oldbear83 said:

KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Interesting take.

Which one is a Jew?

Both are.
KaiBear
Mitch Blood Green said:

Oldbear83 said:

KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Interesting take.

Which one is a Jew?

Both are.

So one only needs to be Jewish to 'further divide our country ' ?

Or just the Jew from Israel ?
Mitch Blood Green
KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Interesting take.

We've had lots of foreign leaders address Congress. I can't name but one who comes in opposition to the policy of a sitting president.
KaiBear
Mitch Blood Green said:

KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Interesting take.

We've had lots of foreign leaders address Congress.

You posted that the leader of Israel was here 'only to further divide our country ' .

Do all these other foreign leaders have the same goal or just the one from Israel ?

Oldbear83
Mitch Blood Green said:

Oldbear83 said:

KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Interesting take.

Which one is a Jew?

Both are.
Harris is Jewish?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Jack Bauer
Johnny Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not sure how at this point a single Jewish person in the U.S. could cast a vote for any Democrat. Hateful, hateful people.

While I feel the same way, it is stunning how many Jews in the USA couldn't care less about Israel and/or don't feel threatened by the dimcrat support of violent anti-Semitic activists in our country.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Johnny Bear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not sure how at this point a single Jewish person in the U.S. could cast a vote for any Democrat. Hateful, hateful people.

While I feel the same way, it is stunning how many Jews in the USA couldn't care less about Israel and/or don't feel threatened by the dimcrat support of violent anti-Semitic activists in our country.
Never did I dream that in my lifetime, our Liberal leadership would throw Israel to the wolves and favor Militant Muslim terrorists. Should Harris win in November, Israel will be on their own. And their chances for long-term survival will diminish greatly.

-- Barack Obama
KaiBear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Johnny Bear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Never did I dream that in my lifetime, our Liberal leadership would throw Israel to the wolves and favor Militant Muslim terrorists. Should Harris win in November, Israel will be on their own. And their chances for long-term survival will diminish greatly.

All true

Wonder if our American Jewish population generally realizes this ?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.