56 percent of white liberal women under 30 diagnosed with technical mental illness

873 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by whitetrash
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shrier's primary example of this is the mass migration of young upper-middle-class women into professional therapy which has resulted in an astonishing 56 percent of white liberal women under 30 being diagnosed with technical mental illnesses, despite objectively seeming no more unusual than the bulk of other people around them.
Bad Therapy: Why the Kids Aren't Growing Up
by Abigail Shrier
Osodecentx
In Bad Therapy, bestselling investigative journalist Abigail Shrier argues that the problem isn't the kidsit's the mental health experts. Drawing on hundreds of interviews with child psychologists, parents, teachers, and young people, Shrier explores the ways the mental health industry has transformed the way we teach, treat, discipline, and even talk to our kids. She reveals that most of the therapeutic approaches have serious side effects and few proven benefits. Among her unsettling findings:

• Talk therapy can induce rumination, trapping children in cycles of anxiety and depression
  • Social Emotional Learning handicaps our most vulnerable children, in both public schools and private
  • "Gentle parenting" can encourage emotional turbulence even violence in children as they lash out, desperate for an adult in charge

Mental health care can be lifesaving when properly applied to children with severe needs, but for the typical child, the cure can be worse than the disease. Bad Therapy is a must-read for anyone questioning why our efforts to bolster America's kids have backfiredand what it will take for parents to lead a turnaround.
william
seems low...........

- el KKM

{ sipping booch }

release the hounds, jerome!

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
Harrison Bergeron
Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

My wife is a teacher. This year, 90% of her students have some sort of "technical" special education modification. This ranges from test anxiety to fear of public speaking.

I am definitely not a psychologist, but from what I see in the world this seems consistent.
whitetrash
Here's another interesting tidbit: Gallup study that the percentage of females 18-29 who identify as "liberal" has jumped from 28% a generation ago to 40% today.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/649826/exploring-young-women-leftward-expansion.aspxs

Causation or merely correlation?
KaiBear
1st world problem

The day obtaining food becomes a real problem these 'technical' mental issues will drop substantially.
william
KaiBear said:

1st world problem

The day obtaining food becomes a real issue these 'technical' mental issues will drop substantially.
big pharma problem - I am certain these 'selfless helpers of mankind' are shilling whatever pill to solve whatever imagined problem suffered the by the collective SnowFlakia.

- kkm

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
Redbrickbear
whitetrash said:

Here's another interesting tidbit: Gallup study that the percentage of females 18-29 who identify as "liberal" has jumped from 28% a generation ago to 40% today.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/649826/exploring-young-women-leftward-expansion.aspxs

South Korea shows the same trend

Women moving to the Left....especially non married women

[Some commentators tie South Korea's birthing trends to a radical feminist movement, believed to trace its origins to 2019. Proponents of the 4B (or Four Nos) movement reject four traditional normsdating men, pursuing marriage, engaging in sex with men, and having children. The movement has amassed about 3,400 members on Naver, the most popular online forum in South Korea. ]

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/27/opinion/south-korea-fertility-rate-feminism.html

[Around the world, from the United States to China to the U.K. to Germany to Tunisia, in chat rooms and in the streets, the gender divide is widening as Gen Zers split along political lines: Young women are increasingly swinging to the left, while young men are moving to the right negating conventional wisdom that young people as a whole are more progressive than the generation before them. "Gen Z," observed data journalist John Burn-Murdoch, who tracked this trend for the Financial Times, "is two generations, not one."]

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/07/01/south-korea-gender-divide-feminism-00155207

Mothra
No surprise at all. My evidence is anecdotal, but I have a number of white, single liberal women in the extended family - some divorced and some never married - and every single one of them is a total basket-case. Drug addictions, suicide attempts, one who is a cutter - all of them are in therapy. Several have completely cut contact with the conservative family members - including parents. And all of them are shrill and hysterical. I made the mistake a few years ago of calling out some of the illogical political positions of one of them in particular on facebook, and what resulted was a screaming diatribe about how I was a racist and a misogynist.

What's also interesting is that although some of them were brought up in the Christian faith, those who were have renounced religion entirely. I have seen no evidence that any of them are saved. It's of course not surprising.

KaiBear
I used to feel sorry for such individuals.

Learned the hard way you can't fix them.

muddybrazos
They shouldnt be allowed to vote unless married to a man and definitely should not be the president.
GrowlTowel
Itches be crazy.
Porteroso
It is just modern times. Males are growing up with serious social deficits. I hear much more about that, but obviously the fallout from too much technology, too fast, doesn't just affect men.

Part of the reason young people don't have as much sex is that they just don't get together as much. Games used to be outside with other kids, now games are sitting in front of a TV, or worse, wearing a VR headset.
ABC BEAR
Great time to repeal the 19th Amendment.
Forest Bueller
Mothra said:

No surprise at all. My evidence is anecdotal, but I have a number of white, single liberal women in the extended family - some divorced and some never married - and every single one of them is a total basket-case. Drug addictions, suicide attempts, one who is a cutter - all of them are in therapy. Several have completely cut contact with the conservative family members - including parents. And all of them are shrill and hysterical. I made the mistake a few years ago of calling out some of the illogical political positions of one of them in particular on facebook, and what resulted was a screaming diatribe about how I was a racist and a misogynist.

What's also interesting is that although some of them were brought up in the Christian faith, those who were have renounced religion entirely. I have seen no evidence that any of them are saved. It's of course not surprising.

So you are saying there are a bunch of selfish, isolated, thoroughly unlikable, cat women out there who don't even like themselves?

This isn't possible we have been told.

The current uber liberal uber progressive mindset of many liberals today is a mental illness unto itself.

Sure you have Bill Maher and the Political pundit guy from Arkansas with common sense.

Then you have the Harris types, who for a false moment in time is pretending to be moderate.

And many foolish people will be fooled by her.

By the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.
Forest Bueller
whitetrash said:

Only 40 percent. That is shockingly low..Seems like it's higher.
By the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.
Harrison Bergeron
A lot of these women have boyfriends that have said a few times lately : "but I have a Jewish girlfriend. I have Mooslim friends."
whitetrash
Harrison Bergeron said:

A lot of these women have boyfriends that have said a few times lately : "but I have a Jewish girlfriend. I have Mooslim friends. And I live in a gayborhood!!"

FIFY
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.