What if we had never recruited Tevin Elliott?

3,978 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Backporch
Johnny Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it a fairly safe assumption that if Tevin Elliott had never set foot on the Baylor campus, we probably would've never had to endure the whole nightmare disaster 2 years or so ago and right now we'd possibly be wondering about our chances at the CFP instead of hoping there's a way to scrape out 6 wins? I haven't forgotten about Sam U., but without Elliott I'm thinking his situation would've looked more like an anomaly and we could've used the fact that he never played for us or even appeared on a Baylor roster. It just seems like so much of the whole so-called "scandal" was caused by Elliott.

Thoughts?
Loaded4Bear
If my Aunt Betty had balls, she'd be my uncle!
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
YoakDaddy
There were so many failures up and down the chain in leadership, execution, culture, and integrity, that it was only a matter of time. It was going to happen and since some from Pat Neff and the the BOR are still entrenched and above rebuke, it will happen again
Brian Ethridge
Staff
YoakDaddy said:

There were so many failures up and down the chain in leadership, execution, culture, and integrity, that it was only a matter of time. It was going to happen and since some from Pat Neff and the the BOR are still entrenched and above rebuke, it will happen again
I keep seeing this grouping. Who are the people entrenched?
boognish_bear
http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Former--490786321.html

BU rapist remained enrolled after he was kicked off football team, arrested

StaffMon 11:32 PM, Aug 13, 2018

WACO, Texas (KWTX) Convicted rapist and former Baylor football player Tevin Elliott was allowed to remain on the Baylor campus and enrolled in school for 25 days after the football team suspended him indefinitely, 21 days after Waco Police arrested him, and nearly a month after a meeting between Waco PD and top university officials concerning the starting linebacker, according to documents obtained by KWTX.

(TDCJ photo)
Elliott, 27, is currently at the Allred Prison Unit in Iowa Park serving a 20 year sentence on two counts of sexually assaulting Jasmin Hernandez on April 15, 2012 and is one of two Baylor football players whose convictions sparked the Pepper Hamilton investigation which led to the firing of Head Football Coach Art Briles, the reassignment of President Ken Starr, and the probation of Athletic Director Ian McCaw who was also sanctioned.

Elliott's case was brought back into the spotlight Friday when documents produced by Briles in response to a subpoena in a Jane Doe sexual assault lawsuit against the university, said that "multiple Baylor administrators knew about a serial sexual assault assailant" in the Fall of 2011, but failed to act.

Briles only had access to the documents after being named as a defendant in separate case from which he was later dropped.

The plaintiffs lawyers are arguing Baylor should have provided them with the same documents sooner, accusing the university of concealing pertinent material.

Briles "indefinitely suspended" Elliott from the football program on April 26, 2012, (a decision made public the next day in a press release which cited "unspecified team violations") following a meeting the day before to discuss the sexual assault, a meeting sources with direct knowledge of the situation say included former Baylor General Counsel Charlie Bechenhauer, who has since died, Baylor and Waco police investigators, Judicial Affairs investigators, and Executive Vice President Reagan Ramsower.

When Waco investigators said they were preparing to arrest Elliott and during the course of the discussion, then-Baylor Police Chief Jim Doak acknowledged that he knew about multiple assaults in which Elliott was accused, but didn't notify anyone in the athletics department, sources say.

Although the athletics department was apparently advised in November, 2011 of an incident with Elliott involving "unwanted contact," Briles was never given a police report, sources say.

On April 30, 2012 Elliott was arrested by Waco police, however, he wasn't expelled from Baylor University until May 21, according to the official notice of expulsion obtained by KWTX.

"Effective today Monday, May 21, 2012, you are immediately expelled from Baylor University," the notice reads.

It goes on to explain, the reason is based upon a report by the BUPD charging him with misconduct saying "on or about April 15, 2012, you committed two acts of sexual assault against another student."

In 2012, the last day of Spring semester classes was April 27, a university spokesperson pointed out.

However, that doesn't include two weeks of finals, during which Elliott would have been on campus around other students, and some would argue, more potential victims.

Elliott was notified of his expulsion via email and given a three-day window to appeal the school's decision.

However, Baylor officials declined to say if Elliott fought the expulsion, citing FERPA rules.

"Baylor University is not able to address the specifics in this matter as they relate to confidential student records protected by the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act," a spokesman said in a statement. "However, on May 26, 2016, the Baylor Board of Regents disclosed fundamental campus-wide failures as part of the Findings of Fact, which ultimately led to new University and Athletics leadership and the adoption of 105 recommendations to enhance the safety and security of our campus community."

The spokesman declined to answer whether or not the Findings of Fact resulted in new leadership in Judicial Affairs, however, according to KWTX sources and research, there were no personnel changes in the department which is still overseen by Kevin Jackson, the Vice President for Student Life.

According to documents obtained by KWTX, the day after Elliott's expulsion, his summer faculty members to-be were notified in an email from David Murdock with Judicial Affairs.

"I am writing to inform you that Tevin Sherard Elliott has been expelled from Baylor University by the Judicial Affairs office," writes Murdock. "For the moment, Tevin is still currently enrolled in Summer I and Summer II classes; however, he should not be attending any of his classes this summer, nor should he be on the Baylor campus or Baylor property without authorization from the Judicial Affairs office."

After Elliott was charged with sexual assault on April 30, 2012 he posted a $10,000 bond and later transferred to Central Arkansas.

According to court documents, senior BU administrators knew of at least one other accusation of sexual assault against Elliot in the Fall of 2011, six months prior to his arrest, however, the defensive lineman from Mount Pleasant went on to play every single regular season game that year, which ended up being one of Baylor football's most successful seasons ever, before committing the rape for which he was convicted.
MilliVanilli
Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Don't mess with their mythology, they've been repeating it for two years and don't want to admit it was wasted time.
YoakDaddy
Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

RR, MLS, McCraw, Murdock in Pat Neff then those from FOB list on BOR.
bularry
Johnny Bear said:

Is it a fairly safe assumption that if Tevin Elliott had never set foot on the Baylor campus, we probably would've never had to endure the whole nightmare disaster 2 years or so ago and right now we'd possibly be wondering about our chances at the CFP instead of hoping there's a way to scrape out 6 wins? I haven't forgotten about Sam U., but without Elliott I'm thinking his situation would've looked more like an anomaly and we could've used the fact that he never played for us or even appeared on a Baylor roster. It just seems like so much of the whole so-called "scandal" was caused by Elliott.

Thoughts?

I agree with you 100%, but that's spilled milk.
57Bear
Loaded4Bear said:

If my Aunt Betty had balls, she'd be my uncle!
Yes, but would your uncle have married your Aunt Betty. That could get complicated!
57Bear
Johnny Bear said:

Thoughts?

Alternatively IF RR, MLS, McCraw, and Murdock would have processed the first accusation promptly and notified athletics, "we probably would've never had to endure the whole nightmare disaster 2 years".
Brian Ethridge
Staff
YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Name them.
canoso
bularry said:

Johnny Bear said:

Thoughts?

That still hasn't been cleaned up. But, it seems we're getting a little closer all the time.
Dia del DougO

Here's even more indradesting food for thought:

Baylor fired Art Briles. Baylor hired Matt Rhule to replace him. Briles is from Rule TX.

Connection?

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
YoakDaddy
Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Name them.

I just named 4. I'll let you compare lists.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Name them.

Nobody will do it. Not sure why.
YoakDaddy
Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Name them.

The FOB list is out there. Gotta get it from the wayback machine, but I've seen it. I'll let you find it and compare. I've got a screenshot but can't figure out how to attach it to a post. I'll also add a couple more names not on that list that are current BOFR members; their names have been noted specifically in news articles since 2016.
57Bear
OK Brian - lets go the other way. I speculate that Dr. Christopher Howard is not on the list.
BUbearinARK
The internet can be hard to navigate sometimes.
I’m an optimist!

And /S in case I missed it

TE
Matthew Klopfenstein 1 catch/5 yds
Golden Helmet
I think people like you that continue to post garbage like this should be banned from the internet altogether.

Try rooting for the home team.
YoakDaddy
Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Name them.

http://imgur.com/KMiOR2D
LionBear
YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Name them.

That's over 1,000 people. Thanks for being so specific.
YoakDaddy
TV55 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Name them.

That's over 1,000 people. Thanks for being so specific.

I have provided all you need for your research....and there's news articles online noting specific failures of oversight. Happy researching.
Wichitabear
Wow.
BoonDockSaint
What if hadnt raped her ??

What if he never knew Jasmin

What if

What if

What if
Johnny Bear
BoonDockSaint said:

What if hadnt raped her ??

What if he never knew Jasmin

What if

What if

What if
Point taken I just think it's mind bogglingly nuts that the actions of one "bad dude" (and "bad dudes" to varying extents populate the rosters of virtually every P5 program) along with whatever mistakes were made in dealing with his actions (and by the way, everybody makes mistakes as well) snow balled into so much destruction.

I know, I know. As Don Meredith used to say "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!"

BealBear
YoakDaddy said:

Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

He just listed 4 people, the fact that these 4 are are still associated with the school is embarrassing and maddening. It's hard to cheer from the home team when they constantly keep punching themselves in the dick. There are only two ways that this alumni base is ever going to be able to come together again. Get rid of everyone associated with this scandal or start winning at the level Briles was. So far neither look like they are going to happen.
BealBear
http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/BU-reform-group-calls-former-Baylor-VPs-new-job-title-disturbing-490974311.html

Reagan Ramsower is now an "Advisor to the President" of Baylor University.

Brian, when you want to know what we mean when we say they haven't cleaned house and the same POS administrators are still working for the school this is what we mean.
xiledinok
They had to give him a title. I bet he's advising her from a closet.
Dangerous RR v. Briles Last Resort.
Oilfield pipeline protesters are likely to be more effective than BLR. The pipeline protesters at least have a cause that doesn't bring a reward for themselves.

Apparently, Briles Last Resort believes they run things.
The reward man gave us Bob Sloan. I guess he wants to sink Baylor lower than his leadership's pick of Sloan.
YoakDaddy
BealBear said:

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/BU-reform-group-calls-former-Baylor-VPs-new-job-title-disturbing-490974311.html

Brian, when you want to know what we mean when we say they haven't cleaned house and the same POS administrators are still working for the school this is what we mean.

I guess it's true....Baylor gonna Baylor. And folks wonder why.
Forest Bueller
bularry said:

Johnny Bear said:

Thoughts?

Yep.
Forest Bueller
YoakDaddy said:

BealBear said:

After seeing that snakes interviews and quotes in the media, I wouldn't let him board my dog, much less operate in his current capacity.

He must have a lot of dirt on a lot of people.

Hutch
what if Tevin had a cell video of the whole Jasmine encounter and had an attorney that didn't F that up.
RegentCoverup
There will always be a Tevin Elliott. In fact, there are probably potential Tevin Elliott's on campus as we speak.
it's how you react, and respond to their behavior.
In the old days, bad dudes got the boot fast. That needs to be back.

FTR, focusing on athletes to me is absurd. The numbers are too small for me to think that would be an epidemic.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
BealBear
xiledinok said:

Oilfield pipeline protesters are likely to be more effective than BLR. The pipeline protesters at least have a cause that doesn't bring a reward for themselves.

The reward man gave us Bob Sloan. I guess he wants to sink Baylor lower than his leadership's pick of Sloan.

The 15,000 member of BLR would disagree. There are more people in that group than where at some football games last year.
BUBear24
BealBear said:

xiledinok said:

The 15,000 member of BLR would disagree. There are more people in that group than where at some football games last year.

Are you counting the amount of people that like their FB page or something. Just curious I tried googling to find a member count and couldn't.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.