What if we had never recruited Tevin Elliott?

4,019 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Backporch
BealBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe I saw that number in a news paper article.
xiledinok
Instead of sending a limited range sound bite, why not engage in conversation with Lady Linda and a few members of the board? Good idea but they have the lawsuits still remaining. The idea will not work.
I have more faith in Lady Linda and Julie Turner than a former regent who was instrumental in hiring Amarillo substitute preacher as Baylor president.

BLR needs to focus getting Drayton the food, beverage, and booze vending contracts for McLane stadium. Once Drayton controls those contracts and a significant revenue stream fans will be assured a winning product forever.
We'll infuse his knowledge from the Houston Astros into our college minded athletic department and Baylor will win more than ever. Baylor athletics w Ian was the pre 1992 Houston Astros brand ball while Drayton is more Astros September 2000.
BLR needs to focus on the more important more game changer for the future of Baylor athletics because college sports is going to the booze hounds. The salaries are too high and there's only so much money you can raise paying 1.2 for the Aggie to stuff his game plan down his crotch mid way through the first half.
YoakDaddy
Forest Bueller said:

YoakDaddy said:

BealBear said:

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/BU-reform-group-calls-former-Baylor-VPs-new-job-title-disturbing-490974311.html

Reagan Ramsower is now an "Advisor to the President" of Baylor University.

After seeing that snakes interviews and quotes in the media, I wouldn't let him board my dog, much less operate in his current capacity.

He must have a lot of dirt on a lot of people.

Looks like Baylor got the hint....no more RR "advising" the president.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/BU-reform-group-calls-former-Baylor-VPs-new-job-title-disturbing-490974311.html
NoBSU
BealBear said:

I believe I saw that number in a news paper article.
I am in their Facebook feed. It began well. It is a joke now. They quote a WTH article. Then the same 15 posters post to bring back Briles.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
YoakDaddy said:

Forest Bueller said:

YoakDaddy said:

BealBear said:

After seeing that snakes interviews and quotes in the media, I wouldn't let him board my dog, much less operate in his current capacity.

Should never have had to write the first article.
MaduroUTMB
Quote:

I keep seeing this grouping. Who are the people entrenched?

From JA: McCraw and possibly also Murdock.

Literally all of the BoR going back to the 1950s. Reagan Ramsower is a bagman who is used as a proxy to refer to this group.

Here's the huge issue: Baylor's draconian policy against drug and alcohol use made the reporting of sexual assaults which occurred while the victim was under the influence of either into a self-injurious behavior. That is functionally the same as actively discouraging the reporting of sexual assault. This situation resulted from policies which were adopted by the BoR, reviewed and renewed many times over the years, and enforced by JA. The Baylor football players who got away with rape didn't get away with it because they were football players- they got away with it because they were Baylor students.

For the university, the massive hit of firing a football coach was had done great things for the univeristy was the price paid for containing the scandal. By selectively reinforcing the common narrative of "a successful football program that thought that it was above the law", the BoR successfully shielded the university from liability from all of the other women who were prevented from coming forward by university policies that Art Briles had no hand in and which predated him by more than a century.

The abject failure of the BoR is most notable in their refusal to implement any of the the PH recommendations which pertained to them save for the keeping of minutes at their meetings. They skirted this rule by convening executive sessions which they choose not to subject to those record keeping requirements.

Art Briles wasn't an angel; Art Briles behaved in a manner which is common practice for major programs but was foolish enough to do so at a university that prioritized busting rape victims for drinking over the prosecution of rapists. I would be far less angry about his firing had the slew of other equally culpable administrators and regents followed him out the door. There was no accountability.
YoakDaddy
Brian Ethridge said:

YoakDaddy said:

Forest Bueller said:

YoakDaddy said:

BealBear said:

Should never have had to write the first article.

Agree. So is Livingstone tone-deaf or was she told to get him back in as an "advisor"?
Backporch
Johnny Bear said:

Is it a fairly safe assumption that if Tevin Elliott had never set foot on the Baylor campus, we probably would've never had to endure the whole nightmare disaster 2 years or so ago and right now we'd possibly be wondering about our chances at the CFP instead of hoping there's a way to scrape out 6 wins? I haven't forgotten about Sam U., but without Elliott I'm thinking his situation would've looked more like an anomaly and we could've used the fact that he never played for us or even appeared on a Baylor roster. It just seems like so much of the whole so-called "scandal" was caused by Elliott.

Thoughts?

well we did so this is stupid
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.