Trump prepares the nation for his pardon of Manafort

752 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by corncob pipe
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's coming...just like the night that will succeed it:

ALEXANDRIA, VA.U.S. President Donald Trump weighed in with a public defence of Paul Manafort on Friday as a jury concluded its second day of deliberations to decide whether the president's former campaign chairman is guilty of tax and bank fraud.

Jurors signalled Friday afternoon they were unlikely to reach a verdict before the day ended and asked if they could leave the courthouse at 5 p.m. U.S. District Court Judge T.S. Ellis III agreed, and the panel is scheduled to resume deliberations Monday morning.
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
The obliteration of US norms continues:

At the White House, Trump declined to answer a question about a possible pardon for Manafort, but spoke out against special counsel Robert Mueller III, whose office brought charges against the 69-year-old political strategist. It's the first trial to emerge from Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, although the charges against Manafort centre on his personal finances.

"I think the whole Manafort trial is very sad. When you look at what's going on, I think it's a very sad day for our country," Trump said, adding that Manafort "happens to be a very good person, I think it's very sad what they've done to Paul Manafort."

Trump spoke shortly after the jury in nearby Alexandria, Virginia, began its second day of deliberations. Manafort faces 18 charges of tax and bank fraud. Prosecutors say he hid millions of dollars from the Internal Revenue Service in overseas bank accounts and then lied to banks to obtain multimillion-dollar loans.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Doc Holliday
This thread will not age well.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
contrario
Doc Holliday said:

You're right. This thread "feels" eerily similar to the "Trump won't sign the tax deal before the end of the year" thread.
cinque
contrario said:

Doc Holliday said:

You're right. This thread "feels" eerily similar to the "Trump won't sign the tax deal before the end of the year" thread.
Funny, that's what Bona Fide used to say, You should pin it.
Make Racism Wrong Again
contrario
cinque said:

contrario said:

Doc Holliday said:

Why? So you can backtrack it like you did the other thread?

Distract distract distract. That's all you ever do.
cinque
contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

Doc Holliday said:

IThis thread will not age well.

Again, eerily like something Bona Fide would say. He also said he would expose me...and then he disappeared.
Chuckle, go figure.
Make Racism Wrong Again
contrario
cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

Doc Holliday said:

Again, eerily like something Bona Fide would say. He also said he would expose me...and then he disappeared.
Chuckle, go figure.
Ok? I'm not really sure what your point is. About 30 People on here have called you out for that thread. Are you going to accuse me of being all of them, or just admit you were wrong? Lol good grief
fubar
contrario said:

Doc Holliday said:

So are you two going on record saying that Trump won't pardon Manafort?
Malbec
cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

Doc Holliday said:

Chuckle, go figure.
Guffaw.
contrario
fubar said:

contrario said:

Doc Holliday said:

I don't make predictions on what any politician will do. I just find it silly that someone as simple-minded as cinque thinks they can predict what an irrational and unstable man like Trump is going to do. See, Cinque and many on here are binary thinkers, they only see red and blue. But Trump is neither and no one can predict what a lifelong democrat turned republican to win an election will do. He doesn't care about the party, and he has proven over and over that he doesn't care about burning bridges, even with allies. So who knows what he's going to do.
PartyBear
Trump is about as red as can be. Dont pretend there is any thing blue about his world view. America is experiencing something similar to what it would have been like from 69-72 had Wallace gotten into the WH.
Except Wallace wouldn't have been real tight with the Politburo.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
PartyBear said:

Trump is about as red as can be. Dont pretend there is any thing blue about his world view. America is experiencing something similar to what it would have been like from 69-72 had Wallace gotten into the WH.
Except Wallace wouldn't have been real tight with the Politburo.Yep. That's Donl

Yep. That's Donald Trump alright. He loves him some Russians and just hates black people. LOL!

KAG 2020
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
fubar
contrario said:

fubar said:

contrario said:

Doc Holliday said:

I don't make predictions on what any politician will do. I just find it silly that someone as simple-minded as cinque thinks they can predict what an irrational and unstable man like Trump is going to do. See, Cinque and many on here are binary thinkers, they only see red and blue. But Trump is neither and no one can predict what a lifelong democrat turned republican to win an election will do. He doesn't care about the party, and he has proven over and over that he doesn't care about burning bridges, even with allies. So who knows what he's going to do.
I agree with your synopsis of Trump, thanks for expressing it.
57Bear
PartyBear said:

Except Wallace wouldn't have been real tight with the Politburo.
Wallace wouldn't have had twitter - Al Gore hadn't invented it yet.
57Bear

Contrario said: ... He doesn't care about the party, and he has proven over and over that he doesn't care about burning bridges, even with allies. So who knows what he's going to do.

Does he care less about the party than the party cares about him?
cinque
57Bear said:

Contrario said: ... He doesn't care about the party, and he has proven over and over that he doesn't care about burning bridges, even with allies. So who knows what he's going to do.

He has an 80% approval rating within the party, so, of course he cares less.
Make Racism Wrong Again
contrario
57Bear said:

Much less. He probably thinks he is bigger than the party.
corncob pipe
wow
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.