We lost a Bear, NoBSU

7,599 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Chuckroast
Keyser Soze
How long do you want to ignore this user?

His wife sent me PM and said it was sudden and unexpected.

http://www.clarkfuneralhomes.com/obituary/thomas-franklin

Baylor Class of 85

RIP NoBSU

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
My Lord this is sad! Thank you for posting, Keyser. Kinda makes all this silly crap we all bicker about here seem really not that important. God Bless NoBSU and especially his family.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Keyser Soze
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

My Lord this is sad! Thank you for posting, Keyser. Kinda makes all this silly crap we all bicker about here seem really not that important. God Bless NoBS and especially his family.

Amen big guy. As best I can guess he was right at the same age as you and me.
Malbec
Thanks for letting everyone know. RIP NoBSU.
Malbec
Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

My Lord this is sad! Thank you for posting, Keyser. Kinda makes all this silly crap we all bicker about here seem really not that important. God Bless NoBS and especially his family.

Amen big guy. As best I can guess he was right at the same age as you and me.
Yes he was. Just a year behind me. As many know, I had a heart attack just a few years ago that nearly got me. You never know. We'll miss him.
Doc Holliday
All you guys 40+ need to get your hearts checked out ASAP.

My dad had 99% blockage in two arteries and wouldn't have known if he wasn't required to do a stress test for a new job at the time. He wasn't overweight and was only 52 at the time. Without the job offer, he would be dead. All his symptoms he just passed off as heartburn.

Get your asses to the doctor now!

RIP NOBSU.
bubbadog
Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. I didn't know him personally but enjoyed talking to him here.
EatMoreSalmon
Very sad to hear! Will miss his contributions to the boards.
Godspeed,
Gunny Hartman
Terrible. He was a much-needed voice of sanity and humor during trying times for Baylor Athletics. God bless him and his family.
Pablo Fanque
Sad news. RIP.
robby44
RIP
Keyser Soze
Doc Holliday said:

My dad had 99% blockage in two arteries and wouldn't have known if he wasn't required to do a stress test for a new job at the time. He wasn't overweight and was only 52 at the time. Without the job offer, he would be dead. All his symptoms he just passed off as heartburn.

RIP NOBSU.
Good advice.

Men are notoriously bad about not going to the doctor until something happens. About 1/3 of first heart attacks are fatal.

Prostate and Colon cancer have super high survival rates with very early detection. Get tested. !

Midnight Rider
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Kinda makes all this silly crap we all bicker about here seem really not that important.
No "Kinda" about it. The silly crap we bicker about here is not important. However entertaining it may be, the silly crap we bicker about here, in the long run, will make no difference in our lives whatsoever.
riflebear
Wow. That sucks. Prayers for his family.
Great guy on many sites and one of our passionate b-ball fans.
fubar
A great guy. I am so sad to hear this and cannot imagine what his family is feeling. My very best to them.

RIP, my friend.
GoneGirl
I'm so sorry for his wife and children; I'm sure they're devasted.

NoBSU was a nice guy on a forum where there aren't many of those. I'll miss him.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
incredibly saddened by this news. Never met him but feel like I knew him after years of message board interaction. We shared a common love for hoops. Damn, this sucks. Condolences to his family.
Booray
That sucks. RIP NoBSU
Mitch Blood Green
Doc Holliday said:

RIP NOBSU.

My heart's ok. It's my girlfriends husband I'm worried about. He's becoming more and more irrational every day.

RIP NOBSU. He was a good dude.
Florda_mike
Keyser Soze said:

Doc Holliday said:

RIP NOBSU.
Good advice.

Men are notoriously bad about not going to the doctor until something happens. About 1/3 of first heart attacks are fatal.

Prostate and Colon cancer have super high survival rates with very early detection. Get tested. !

Yep

Best advice I ever got was ......

All the money in the world is worth nothing if you don't have good health. Good health is your biggest asset!

Keyser Soze
From the obit

In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions to the Franklin Children's Educational fund, c/o Great Southern Bank, Neosho, MO.

Eball
So sad...praying for his family...I hate when people younger than me pass! Makes you think...
Stranger
The inter-web is a strange place. Through baylorfans and its successor, sicem365, I have made many positive relationships with people I've never met. NoBSU was one of those people. We didn't always agree but we seemed to lend support to each other on certain issues.

I will certainly miss this man and his Baylor spirit. Best wishes to his family and the journey they will face without him in their lives.
xiledinok
Great guy. Didn't take sides and will be missed.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Hard not to echo everyone above, but he will be deeply missed by people he never met in person. Prayers to his family and friends that were able to spend time with him in flesh and blood.
Florda_mike
Stranger said:

The inter-web is a strange place. Through baylorfans and its successor, sicem365, I have made many positive relationships with people I've never met. NoBSU was one of those people. We didn't always agree but we seemed to lend support to each other on certain issues.

I will certainly miss this man and his Baylor spirit. Best wishes to his family and the journey they will face without him in their lives.
Old Guy
RIP NoBSU!! made some great posts

on the subject of heart disease I echo our brothers here that a check up is a necessity.
I had a triple bypass in July that was diagnosed by a screening test. The Cardiac Calcium Score
indicated that the calcium in my four main heart arteries were mostly blocked. Stents were ruled
out and CABG was performed. I had no pain but some shortness of breath. The CCScore test
takes about five minutes. MRI with no contrast. As it turns out that saved my life. Good call by
my Family Practitioner. About 80% through cardiac rehab(another key piece) to cardiac health
going forward. Take care.
Ludwig von Missi
This is really, really sad. Never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but we interacted a decent amount on BaylorFans, BearsTruth, and eventually SE365. Heart breaking. Please bring peace to his family.

Life is precious...a lot of folks, mysef included, tend to forget this simple fact of life.
willyric
wow man. one of my absolute favorite posters.

so sorry to hear. ain't easy this side of heaven.
contrario
Wow, crazy. Praying for his family. He was a great poster on here and he will be missed.
Forest Bueller
No BS was a really good guy. His opinion was always relevant, though we didn't always agree.

Good grief, as many others here, I am saddened by his passing.You just know that on the other side of this computer was a super guy who loved Baylor.
midgett
He has been one of my favorite posters for many years. We traded a few messages when we both had non-public information about a certain poster. We never exchanged names or anything though I knew he was north of Texas.

Really sad to hear this news and feel awful for his family.

We need to make everyday count especially when it comes to relationships.
Bear8084
Wow...what a complete shock. As others have said on here I feel like I knew him just from the message board interactions and reading his posts. Some things we agreed on, others we didn't (basketball is usually where we differed) but he was a Baylor Bear through and through. RIP and Sic 'Em NoBSU.
Jack and DP
RIP, brother. I've passed through his hometown many times on my way to Kansas to hunt. Beautiful college where he worked.
The_barBEARian
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

My Lord this is sad! Thank you for posting, Keyser. Kinda makes all this silly crap we all bicker about here seem really not that important. God Bless NoBSU and especially his family.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.