We lost a Bear, NoBSU

7,659 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Chuckroast
KOKQB70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoBSU will be missed, RIP Baylor brother, hope wife reads all posts and understands Baylor family is special and love is solid, and all love our Lord, and know we will meet up in person, in Heaven, when Roll up yonder will be called and NOBSU can lead sic em Bears cheer, can I get an Amen while still teary eyed in San Antonio?
D. C. Bear
KOK QB 70 said:

NoBSU will be missed, RIP Baylor brother, hope wife reads all posts and understands Baylor family is special and love is solid, and all love our Lord, and know we will meet up in person, in Heaven, when Roll up yonder will be called and NOBSU can lead sic em Bears cheer, can I get an Amen while still teary eyed in San Antonio?
Amen!

He will be missed.
Forest Bueller
KOK QB 70 said:

Amen.
Lawbear
Forest Bueller said:

KOK QB 70 said:

Amen.

And Amen.

Sad news, indeed. Looked forward to NoBSU thoughts and interactions. Will definitely miss that.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Prayers for his family.
YoakDaddy
Stranger said:

The inter-web is a strange place. Through baylorfans and its successor, sicem365, I have made many positive relationships with people I've never met. NoBSU was one of those people. We didn't always agree but we seemed to lend support to each other on certain issues.

I will certainly miss this man and his Baylor spirit. Best wishes to his family and the journey they will face without him in their lives.

He and I traded PMs a few times. We may not have agreed all the time, but I knew he loved his alma mater and helped me to see things through a different lense.

This interweb is a strange place. We've been able to meet some interesting folks who share more in common than we sometimes realize. May the Lord comfort his family during this time.
YoakDaddy
Doc Holliday said:

All you guys 40+ need to get your hearts checked out ASAP.

My dad had 99% blockage in two arteries and wouldn't have known if he wasn't required to do a stress test for a new job at the time. He wasn't overweight and was only 52 at the time. Without the job offer, he would be dead. All his symptoms he just passed off as heartburn.

Get your asses to the doctor now!

RIP NOBSU.

Agree 10,000%. I had a physical 3 weeks ago for a new job. I had 2 doctors tell me my blood pressure was so high that I "was a walking stroke waiting to happen." I'm on meds now and it's coming down. I think the new job saved my life.

Also....if you need to get your prostate checked....choose your doctor based on finger size....
PartyBear
I'm very sorry to hear this news. Peace be with his family.
GruntTuff
I looked a while ago and this isn't on the football board. Maybe it is now?

If not, is it possible to move it there...much more traffic over there and all posters need to know.
RegentCoverup
Too soon.

RIP NoBSU, you were a wise and intelligent Bear.

George Truett
So sorry to hear this.

Prayers for his family.
Eastside Bear
This is devastating news. I am so sorry to hear this. Even though NoBSU and I didn't agree on some serious issues, I always looked forward to reading his posts. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and children. I can't imagine what they are going through.

RIP NoBSU, you will be missed
Mothra
Met him at a basketball game by accident one time many years ago. He goes back a long way. Hate to hear this. Sad news indeed.

The longer I live, the more I realize we need to cherish the time God gives us, because you just never know when your time is up. God bless him and his family.
Tiny Elvis
So sorry to hear about this. May God comfort his family.
quash
Stranger said:

The inter-web is a strange place. Through baylorfans and its successor, sicem365, I have made many positive relationships with people I've never met. NoBSU was one of those people. We didn't always agree but we seemed to lend support to each other on certain issues.

I will certainly miss this man and his Baylor spirit. Best wishes to his family and the journey they will face without him in their lives.

Yup. He was a Baylor fan.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
David Lasseter
A sad day indeed so young...yet God must have needed him by his side. My prayers go out to the family.
David
Golem
RIP brother. Prayers for his family.

If his family reads this site later, like C. Case's family did, know that that gentleman was a great addition to our conversation and we will miss him very much.
Keyser Soze
I sent a link to this thread to his wife
trey3216
Terrible news. Such a great poster. So terribly young. God Bless and comfort his family during this trying season.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
I hate that he had to leave us here on earth in this time of tumult for his alma mater. I know he felt torn up about it and hated that this all went the way it did. But he discussed it with class and took such an even keel stance even when others got upset. He gets the greatest reward though and I'm sure he's smiling down us and encouraging us.
ABC BEAR
His was one of the more appropriate screen names for his personality and will be missed.
DaveyBear
Keyser Soze said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

My Lord this is sad! Thank you for posting, Keyser. Kinda makes all this silly crap we all bicker about here seem really not that important. God Bless NoBS and especially his family.

Amen big guy. As best I can guess he was right at the same age as you and me.
Almost exact same age. Wow.

I lost a buddy in San Antonio in August. Aggy class of 86

He had just sold his company, was sitting on generational wealth, daughter was getting married, etc, came home from drinking and never woke up.

Wowser
Reservoir Dog
Very sad to hear, rest in peace.
boxster
Have been posting on the same threads with NoBSu for nearly 20 years, although often with differing perspectives...but always smart, interesting, and good natured.

Sad to hear of his death, and sad for the loss of his family.

For the rest of us, never let a death go to waste. It's a poignant moment to reconsider what is really important in life, and what will be really important after our earthly life is over, and to invest more in those things.

What he wants people to know about Baylor football: I want people to see that Baylor is the class of college football. Record GPAs, 26 different majors, guys challenging themselves to be the best they can be. Guys working in the community and guys working to be the best they can be in football. Want people to know Baylor is a great place as a University. -Coach Matt Rhule
Waco1947
God bless his family with memories of love.
Waco1947
Stan Mikita
Very sad. I really don't have the words right now. Prayers to his family.
whitetrash
For some reason over the weekend, the thought of past BFans posters who were taken suddenly crossed my mind, even controversial ones like Evil Californian and Oand11. Then today I got the Baylor Business Review with an article about the widow of Jsilko, who was a very passionate poster and killed in a car wreck in the snow and ice (she has since remarried and has a new baby).

I suppose the Kavanaugh hearings and KSt game shifted our attention off of Willis's latest kerfuffle, so we didn't notice right away that NoBSU had fallen silent.

We will miss his banter and insights; his family will miss him everyday.
gobears20
Staff
Such sad news! Prayers to his family and friends!
rudylaw
Oh my God. RIP and prayers for his surviving family. Never one to hide anything he was feeling; a true straight-shooter that never said anything he didn't feel strongly about or have the facts to back it up. One of my favorite posters back in the BFans days up until this. This is just so unbelievably sad.
ColomboLQ
I had no idea. If his family reads this, I'm truly sorry for your loss. RIP.
Noghri
I am in shock. I did not know him personally but shared pm's and enjoyed his posts.
Great guy.

RIP NoBSU
Illinois Bear2
Sorry to hear this. Didn't know him, but enjoyed his post.
Pea Weevil
I guess this guy was onto something:

http://baylorfans2.blogspot.com/2008/09/no-bsu-is-thomas-franklin.html

Pea Weevil
Doc Holliday
Pea Weevil said:

I guess this guy was onto something:

http://baylorfans2.blogspot.com/2008/09/no-bsu-is-thomas-franklin.html

Pea Weevil

Wow. That's a doxxing website for old BaylorFans users.
That is batsh/t crazy and illegal.

Probably ran by those morons over at Killerfrogs.
Keyser Soze
Updated address for NoBSU's Childrens education fund.

Great Southern Bank 1232 N. Rangeline Rd, Joplin, MO 64804.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.