Is it possible for a dt supporter to acknowledge a dt lie?

5,216 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by fadskier
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
riflebear said:

Booray said:

To me, a lie is an intentional misstatement of a past fact.

Politicians before Trump had grown adept at shading the truth so that they did not misstate the fact even if their statement was misleading overall. If you paid close enough attention you could get a sense of when someone was blowing smoke. If you pressed them or put them under oath the truth was still obtainable.

Obama & Clinton, on the other hand, just does not care. He will blatantly misrepresent the actual fact. ("No one in my campaign had any contact with anyone from Russia."). That is ok by me. I don't have to pay careful attention anymore. I know that he is always blowing smoke.
FIFY

Is this meant to be satire or sarcastic post? You really don't mean this do you? Liberals have little to no morals or ethics who were associated w/ Obama & the Clintons and they lied weekly if not daily. They thought they were above the law. Could you imagine what would have continued to be covered up if Trump hadn't won?

It's hilarious that liberals all of a sudden care about little white lies or the truth when their party told some huge lies all the time that to this day they won't even condemn.

Obama & Hillary blaming Benghazi on an innocent man over a video?
You can keep your Dr
You will get a big refund over $2500 from ObamaCare
I did not have sexual relations w/ that woman....

These below are a few of the top ones that the liberal Washington Post called out from Obama.

"More young black men languish in prison than attend colleges and universities across America"
This was a 2007 campaign claim by Obama, then a senator, that was wildly off the mark. In reality, there are five times more black men enrolled in colleges and universities than young black men in federal and state prisons and two and half times the total number incarcerated (including local jails). Even if you expanded the age group to include African American males up to 30 or 35, the college attendees would still outnumber the prisoners.
Quote:

"We signed into law the biggest middle-class tax cut in history"
This 2011 claim was not based on a dollar figure but on dubious math that supposedly 95 percent of working families received some kind of tax cut under the Making Work Pay provision in Obama's stimulus bill. John F. Kennedy actually wins the prize for biggest tax cut, at least in the last half-century. By the same measure, the income tax provisions of George W. Bush tax cuts were more than twice as large as Obama's tax cut over the same three-year time span. (While a large portion of Bush's tax cut went to the
wealthy, it also benefited the working poor.)
Quote:

"90 percent of the budget deficit is due to George W. Bush's policies"
During the 2012 campaign, Obama repeatedly reminded voters that he became president during a grim economic crisis. But he went too far when he claimed that only 10 percent of the federal deficit was due to his own policies. About half of the deficit stemmed from the recession and forecasting errors, but a large chunk (44 percent in 2011) were the result of Obama's actions. At another point, Obama also falsely suggested that the Bush tax cuts led to the Great Recession.
Quote:

"If you like your health-care plan, you can keep it"
This memorable promise by Obama backfired on him in 2013 when the Affordable Care Act went into effect and at least 2 million Americans started receiving cancellation notices. As we explained, part of the reason for so many cancellations is because of an unusually early (March 23, 2010) cutoff date for grandfathering plans and because of tight regulations written by the administration. So the uproar could be pinned directly on the administration's own actions.
Quote:

"The Capitol Hill janitors just got a pay cut"
President Obama offered an evocative image at a 2013 news conference when the sequester spending cuts struck the federal budget janitors sweeping the empty halls of the Capitol, laboring for less pay. But it turned out that he was completely wrong. Janitorial staff did not face a pay cut and Capitol Hill administrative officials even issued a statement saying the president's remarks were "not true." Then the White House tried to argue that janitors at least faced a loss of overtime. That was not correct either. The episode was emblematic of the administration's overheated rhetoric during the sequester debate.
Quote:

"The day after Benghazi happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism"
Obama did refer to an "act of terror" in the immediate aftermath of the 2012 Benghazi attacks, but in vague terms, wrapped in a patriotic fervor. He never affirmatively stated that the American ambassador died because of an "act of terror." Then, over a period of two weeks, given three opportunities in interviews to affirmatively agree that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist attack, the president obfuscated or ducked the question. So this was a case of taking revisionist history too far for political reasons.
Quote:

"I didn't call the Islamic State a 'JV' team"
In 2014, Obama repeated a claim, crafted by the White House communications team, that he was not "specifically" referring to the Islamic State terror group when he dismissed the militants who had taken over Fallujah as a "JV squad." But The Fact Checker obtained the previously unreleased transcript of the president's interview with the New Yorker, and it's clear that's who the president was referencing.
Quote:

"Republicans have filibustered 500 pieces of legislation"
Obama, a former senator, got quite a few things wrong in this 2014 claim. He spoke of legislation that would help the middle class, but he was counting cloture votes that mostly involved judicial and executive branch nominations. Moreover, he counted all the way back to 2007, meaning he even included votes in which he, as senator, voted against ending debate the very thing he decried in his remarks. At best, he could claim the Republicans had blocked about 50 bills, meaning he was off by a factor of 10.
Quote:

"The Keystone pipeline is for oil that bypasses the United States"
Long before Obama killed the Keystone pipeline project in 2015, he made a number of dubious claims about it, including that the pipeline would have no benefit for American producers at all. But the crude oil would have traveled to the Gulf Coast, where it would be refined into products such as motor gasoline and diesel fuel; the State Department said odds were low that all would be exported. Also, about 12 percent of the pipeline's capacity had been set aside for crude from North Dakota and Montana.
Quote:

[url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/12/obamas-claim-a-whole-bunch-of-people-who-are-in-charge-of-va-facilities-were-fired-over-wait-times/?utm_term=.8c9b6d58f99a]"We have fired a whole bunch of people who are in charge of these [VA] facilities"[/url]

Obama told some big lies. He should never be elected again. Can you say the thing same about Trump?
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
EatMoreSalmon
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

Politicians before Trump had grown adept at shading the truth so that they did not misstate the fact even if their statement was misleading overall. If you paid close enough attention you could get a sense of when someone was blowing smoke. If you pressed them or put them under oath the truth was still obtainable.

Obama & Clinton, on the other hand, just does not care. He will blatantly misrepresent the actual fact. ("No one in my campaign had any contact with anyone from Russia."). That is ok by me. I don't have to pay careful attention anymore. I know that he is always blowing smoke.
FIFY

Is this meant to be satire or sarcastic post? You really don't mean this do you? Liberals have little to no morals or ethics who were associated w/ Obama & the Clintons and they lied weekly if not daily. They thought they were above the law. Could you imagine what would have continued to be covered up if Trump hadn't won?

It's hilarious that liberals all of a sudden care about little white lies or the truth when their party told some huge lies all the time that to this day they won't even condemn.

You can keep your Dr

These below are a few of the top ones that the liberal Washington Post called out from Obama.

"More young black men languish in prison than attend colleges and universities across America"
This was a 2007 campaign claim by Obama, then a senator, that was wildly off the mark. In reality, there are five times more black men enrolled in colleges and universities than young black men in federal and state prisons and two and half times the total number incarcerated (including local jails). Even if you expanded the age group to include African American males up to 30 or 35, the college attendees would still outnumber the prisoners.
Quote:

This 2011 claim was not based on a dollar figure but on dubious math that supposedly 95 percent of working families received some kind of tax cut under the Making Work Pay provision in Obama's stimulus bill. John F. Kennedy actually wins the prize for biggest tax cut, at least in the last half-century. By the same measure, the income tax provisions of George W. Bush tax cuts were more than twice as large as Obama's tax cut over the same three-year time span. (While a large portion of Bush's tax cut went to the
Quote:

During the 2012 campaign, Obama repeatedly reminded voters that he became president during a grim economic crisis. But he went too far when he claimed that only 10 percent of the federal deficit was due to his own policies. About half of the deficit stemmed from the recession and forecasting errors, but a large chunk (44 percent in 2011) were the result of Obama's actions. At another point, Obama also falsely suggested that the Bush tax cuts led to the Great Recession.
Quote:

This memorable promise by Obama backfired on him in 2013 when the Affordable Care Act went into effect and at least 2 million Americans started receiving cancellation notices. As we explained, part of the reason for so many cancellations is because of an unusually early (March 23, 2010) cutoff date for grandfathering plans and because of tight regulations written by the administration. So the uproar could be pinned directly on the administration's own actions.
Quote:

President Obama offered an evocative image at a 2013 news conference when the sequester spending cuts struck the federal budget janitors sweeping the empty halls of the Capitol, laboring for less pay. But it turned out that he was completely wrong. Janitorial staff did not face a pay cut and Capitol Hill administrative officials even issued a statement saying the president's remarks were "not true." Then the White House tried to argue that janitors at least faced a loss of overtime. That was not correct either. The episode was emblematic of the administration's overheated rhetoric during the sequester debate.
Quote:

"The day after Benghazi happened, I acknowledged that this was an act of terrorism"
Obama did refer to an "act of terror" in the immediate aftermath of the 2012 Benghazi attacks, but in vague terms, wrapped in a patriotic fervor. He never affirmatively stated that the American ambassador died because of an "act of terror." Then, over a period of two weeks, given three opportunities in interviews to affirmatively agree that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist attack, the president obfuscated or ducked the question. So this was a case of taking revisionist history too far for political reasons.
Quote:

In 2014, Obama repeated a claim, crafted by the White House communications team, that he was not "specifically" referring to the Islamic State terror group when he dismissed the militants who had taken over Fallujah as a "JV squad." But The Fact Checker obtained the previously unreleased transcript of the president's interview with the New Yorker, and it's clear that's who the president was referencing.
Quote:

Obama, a former senator, got quite a few things wrong in this 2014 claim. He spoke of legislation that would help the middle class, but he was counting cloture votes that mostly involved judicial and executive branch nominations. Moreover, he counted all the way back to 2007, meaning he even included votes in which he, as senator, voted against ending debate the very thing he decried in his remarks. At best, he could claim the Republicans had blocked about 50 bills, meaning he was off by a factor of 10.
Quote:

Long before Obama killed the Keystone pipeline project in 2015, he made a number of dubious claims about it, including that the pipeline would have no benefit for American producers at all. But the crude oil would have traveled to the Gulf Coast, where it would be refined into products such as motor gasoline and diesel fuel; the State Department said odds were low that all would be exported. Also, about 12 percent of the pipeline's capacity had been set aside for crude from North Dakota and Montana.
Quote:

[url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/12/obamas-claim-a-whole-bunch-of-people-who-are-in-charge-of-va-facilities-were-fired-over-wait-times/?utm_term=.8c9b6d58f99a]"We have fired a whole bunch of people who are in charge of these [VA] facilities"[/url]

Obama told some big lies. He should never be elected again. Can you say the thing same about Trump?
Obama cannot be elected again if he wanted to.
riflebear

riflebear said:

Booray said:

FIFY

You can keep your Dr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "thing same"?

fadskier
Waco1947 said:

I never see a supporter day "Yes, he lied."
Is it possible that you are blind or too devoted?
And yes Obama lied.
First of all, I don't go unhinged when he lies or exaggerates. I never see you say "it's a life" when talking about an abortion...when clearly/scientifically, it is. So my questions is why do you want people to admit things about Trump to someone who values life so little?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
EatMoreSalmon said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

FIFY

You can keep your Dr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/12/obamas-claim-a-whole-bunch-of-people-who-are-in-charge-of-va-facilities-were-fired-over-wait-times/?utm_term=.8c9b6d58f99a]"We have fired a whole bunch of people who are in charge of these [VA] current events.facilities"[/url]

Obama cannot be elected again if he wanted to.
Of course. I was surprised some still bring his lies up in a discussion of current events.
fadskier
and why do you care so much what people think or do? Perhaps minding your own business would help...or better yet, study the Scriptures again because you have misunderstood quite a lot of things.
Edmond Bear
Jinx 2 said:

Forest Bueller said:

All politicians continually lie.

Trump really could shoot someone on 5th Avenue, and you'd say he was standing his ground.

But he isn't like other politicians. He's openly operating as a crime boss. And you guys are aiding and abetting him.

As noted, it's a binary choice. The other choice was even more despicable....which says A LOT about the Dem party.

You could have literally put up ANYONE but Hillary and you'd have won the election. Trump was a farcical joke but when compared to Hillary, he looks legit.

fadskier
Jinx 2 said:

Forest Bueller said:

(2) - on the list of GOP talking points with no factual basis -- The climate has always changed and it always will, and this is proof that human carbon emissions are not responsible for the current rapid warming of the planet.

In both cases. these blanket statements are used as an excuse to do absolutely nothing about a very real problem.

I hope the GOP pays a very high price for these dodges, but watching you guys blithely excuse Trump's naked corruption with statements like the above that imply that he's just like every other politician have eliminated any faint optimism I had about the GOP coming to his senses.

Trump really could shoot someone on 5th Avenue, and you'd say he was standing his ground.

But he isn't like other politicians. He's openly operating as a crime boss. And you guys are aiding and abetting him.
Yes, we get it. YOU think climate change is a real problem...many of us do not.

What is your evidence of corruption? We just spent millions of dollars and two years investigating corruption. WE could have saved all of that money if we had just asked you.

But then again, you believed Blasey-Ford with no evidence so never mind. Facts are not something YOU deal in...
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
riflebear said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

FIFY

You can keep your Dr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry for the confusion.

Obama lied about important things so he should never be elected again.
Trump lied about important things so he should never be elected again.
Forest Bueller
Jinx 2 said:

Forest Bueller said:

(2) - on the list of GOP talking points with no factual basis -- The climate has always changed and it always will, and this is proof that human carbon emissions are not responsible for the current rapid warming of the planet.

In both cases. these blanket statements are used as an excuse to do absolutely nothing about a very real problem.

I hope the GOP pays a very high price for these dodges, but watching you guys blithely excuse Trump's naked corruption with statements like the above that imply that he's just like every other politician have eliminated any faint optimism I had about the GOP coming to his senses.

How am I aiding someone I didn't even vote for.

The left has simply lost their mind when it comes to Trump.

If he shot someone on 5th avenue, unless he were being attacked, he should go to jail.

Again, the top politicians are some of the sorriest individuals alive, almost all of them are narcissist. Trump has none of their delicacy. He isn't as bad as LBJ on that front, but he's pretty bad.

AOC is basically a Trump duplicate, she never tells the truth about anything. Even about something so simple as where she grew up. I don't hear y'all raging about her.

Osodecentx

Depends on who is running, i.e. who the Democrats nominate.

In the Republican primary, I'll be voting for anyone not named Trump. My issue is the national debt because I believe that will bring us down. I'm pretty sure nobody nominated by the Democrats of the Republicans will do anything about it. Libertarians aren't serious (spend all their time on legalization of drugs)

That leaves
Doc Holliday
Osodecentx said:

Depends on who is running, i.e. who the Democrats nominate.

In the Republican primary, I'll be voting for anyone not named Trump. My issue is the national debt because I believe that will bring us down. I'm pretty sure nobody nominated by the Democrats of the Republicans will do anything about it. Libertarians aren't serious (spend all their time on legalization of drugs)

That leaves

Be careful not supporting POTUS. If Dems get power, I guarantee they will speed up the national debt acquisition tenfold in comparison to POTUS.
Osodecentx
Trump and the National Debt
Instead of Eliminating the Debt, Trump Will Add $8.3 Trillion

BY KIMBERLY AMADEO

Updated March 14, 2019
During the 2016 presidential campaign, Republican candidate Donald Trump promised he would eliminate the nation's debt in eight years. Instead, his budgets would add $9.1 trillion during that time. It would increase the U.S. debt to $29 trillion according to Trump's budget estimates.
Doc Holliday
Osodecentx said:

Trump and the National Debt
Instead of Eliminating the Debt, Trump Will Add $8.3 Trillion

BY KIMBERLY AMADEO

Updated March 14, 2019
During the 2016 presidential campaign, Republican candidate Donald Trump promised he would eliminate the nation's debt in eight years. Instead, his budgets would add $9.1 trillion during that time. It would increase the U.S. debt to $29 trillion according to Trump's budget estimates.
Added debt is no bueno, but you should take into consideration the trillions added to the economy and stock market in just 3 years. Trump reluctantly signed the Omnibus bill: he only did it for Military benefits because DC treats the military like *****

Debt is mostly attributed to congressional spending bills. Whips and leaders prevent congress from retaliating against massive spending bills by handcuffing their power if they don't vote for it in lock step. It's been going on since 1899.
Sam Lowry
Waco1947 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Yes, Donald Trump has been known to lie and exaggerate. And with the Clown Show on the left it looks like he will also be your President in 2020.

Tuquoque. It's a false argument. Our clown show will sort itself out. We will put forth policy as opposed to lies.
I'd take Trump's lies over your policies any day.

Then how do you trust anything he says about policy.
I didn't at first, but he convinced me that he's committed to his promises. No doubt he's a bull****ter, but his lies are those of a salesman rather than a politician. He hasn't lied us into another Iraq or another Obamacare. To me that's more important than how many people showed up for his inauguration.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU

Democrat pres. vs Republican pres.

The last two R compared to the last 2 Dems.
Sam Lowry
FTR, tu quoque is not a fallacy in response to the argument that Trump is uniquely bad. In fact it's one of the most obviously relevant counter-arguments.
Doc Holliday

This is why you should vote out the establishment.

Obama and Bush nearly spent the same for war.
Sam Lowry

riflebear said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

FIFY

You can keep your Dr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry for the confusion.

Obama lied about important things so he should never be elected again.
Trump lied about important things so he should never be elected again.
The most shocking thing about Trump is how little anyone's been able to pin on him. Few presidents could withstand the scrutiny that he has and come out looking as good. Clinton certainly didn't. I doubt Bush or Obama would have either.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Doc Holliday said:

This is why you should vote out the establishment.

Obama and Bush nearly spent the same for war.
You made a statement about debt and dems. I dont think it is accurate.

Thats why I have never voted Dem. and voted Libertarian the last 20 years. I figured you would still be voting republican.
Booray
I took care to establish what I think is a lie: the intentional misrepresentation of a past fact. Most of what has been posted about Obama are claims about policies, some of it predictions about the future impact of policies.

There is a big difference to me. Trump lies all the time about his personal conduct. (Just as President Clinton lied about Monica Lewinsky). At the time Clinton lied, the GOP was united in declaring him morally unfit to serve and impeaching him despite a successful economy. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, we don't really care about morals as long as we have a successful economy. Obama did not lie about his personal conduct; he is just a politician who aggressively defends his policies.

My take is that the lying is not grounds for removal as to Trump or Clinton. We have a democracy and as long as the lies are brought to light, the people get to decide how much it matters. I wouldn't vote for Clinton again despite his successes and I won't vote for Trump. We can do better as a nation.
GrowlTowel
Booray said:

I took care to establish what I think is a lie: the intentional misrepresentation of a past fact. Most of what has been posted about Obama are claims about policies, some of it predictions about the future impact of policies.

There is a big difference to me. Trump lies all the time about his personal conduct. (Just as President Clinton lied about Monica Lewinsky). At the time Clinton lied, the GOP was united in declaring him morally unfit to serve and impeaching him despite a successful economy. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, we don't really care about morals as long as we have a successful economy. Obama did not lie about his personal conduct; he is just a politician who aggressively defends his policies.

My take is that the lying is not grounds for removal as to Trump or Clinton. We have a democracy and as long as the lies are brought to light, the people get to decide how much it matters. I wouldn't vote for Clinton again despite his successes and I won't vote for Trump. We can do better as a nation.
Herein lies your problem . . . the shoe is not on the other foot. You are correct that the GOP was united in declaring Clinton morally unfit but, the left said morals do not matter . . . look at his job performance. Meaning, during Clinton there was one shoe off and one shoe on. The left took off their shoe for Clinton.

Now, the GOP has taken off the other shoe for Trump. We are all barefoot now and there is no reason to act surprised. The left tossed off its shoe years and years ago.

Sam Lowry
Booray said:

You don't seriously believe a lie is only the misrepresentation of a past fact. It can just as well be the misrepresentation of a future intention.

You almost make it sound like Clinton and Trump both committed perjury and obstruction of justice. As far as the record shows, only Clinton did that.
FormerFlash
Booray said:

Clinton was stupid enough to lie under oath. Trump has avoided going under oath because he is a liar. As soon as you catch Trump lying under oath, impeach away. Until that time, this comparison is apples and oranges.
Canada2017
All this talk of impeachment is ridiculous.

Takes a 2/3 vote in the Senate for conviction.

Anyone really think the Dems have anything approaching that number ?
fadskier
Canada2017 said:

All this talk of impeachment is ridiculous.

Takes a 2/3 vote in the Senate for conviction.

Anyone really think the Dems have anything approaching that number ?
Is was stupid when they did it to Clinton and it is stupid now.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.