Beto's lost his damn mind

24,796 Views | 261 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by quash
CammoTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"Every institution"?!?!

Did the New Deal? What about the Peace Corps? What about Bush giving billions to fight AIDS in Africa? What about the Marshall Plan?

Please tell me in his heart of hearts he doesn't actually believe this.

YoakDaddy
He's an idiot that eats tacos with a fork. His words are not surprising.
Waco1947
CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Did the New Deal? What about the Peace Corps? What about Bush giving billions to fight AIDS in Africa? What about the Marshall Plan?

Yes every institution in America and its beginning was based on white supremacy. Name that wasn't?.
Waco1947
contrario
Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Yes every institution in America and its beginning was based on white supremacy. Name that wasn't?.
I know for sure the Democratic Party was. And yet you still blindly support it despite its roots.
90sBear
Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

If you are going to make that argument then every institution in the world has been based on one group suppressing another group at some point in time.
OsoCoreyell
90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

If you are going to make that argument then every institution in the world has been based on one group suppressing another group at some point in time.
This is the logical end of critical race theory. If all human relationships are based on power-structures and systematic oppression of certain identity groups by other identity groups, the first thing you have to do is get to sorting people into identity groups. Then, you have to solve the problem of individuals perhaps belonging to multiple identity groups. That gives you "intersectionality" (i.e. the ranking of oppression by identity groups to "score" everyone). Next, you turn everything in the world into a giant struggle between the "opressors" and the "opressed." Sound familiar? It's just re-heated marxism along racial, gender and sexual preference lines instead of class lines. Politics is not just a forum for ordering grievances.

In the end, both classical marxism and critical race theory fail to appreciate the complex nature of human relationships, the fluid nature of personal identity, and individuals themselves.

Ordering your politics around this stuff is pure nonsense and claptrap.
Waco1947
contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

I know for sure the Democratic Party was. And yet you still blindly support it despite its roots.
Immaterial and a red herring. You are wrong. Racists changed parties. It's called "The Southern Strategy." White supremacy was indeed in both parties at their beginnings.
Now name a institution in America not based on white supremacy
Waco1947
Osodecentx
OsoCoreyell said:

I agree, but it might win an election
Waco1947
90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Irrelevant to the context. Beto said "America." Now name one
Waco1947
JXL
Waco1947 said:

contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Immaterial and a red herring. You are wrong. Racists changed parties. It's called "The Southern Strategy." White supremacy was indeed in both parties at their beginnings.

The OP mentioned the Peace Corps, so let's start with that one. Could you explain how the Peace Corps is based on white supremacy?
Waco1947
OsoCoreyell said:

90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

This is the logical end of critical race theory. If all human relationships are based on power-structures and systematic oppression of certain identity groups by other identity groups, the first thing you have to do is get to sorting people into identity groups. Then, you have to solve the problem of individuals perhaps belonging to multiple identity groups. That gives you "intersectionality" (i.e. the ranking of oppression by identity groups to "score" everyone). Next, you turn everything in the world into a giant struggle between the "opressors" and the "opressed." Sound familiar? It's just re-heated marxism along racial, gender and sexual preference lines instead of class lines. Politics is not just a forum for ordering grievances.

In the end, both classical marxism and critical race theory fail to appreciate the complex nature of human relationships, the fluid nature of personal identity, and individuals themselves.

Name an institution in America not founded on white supremacy?
Waco1947
90sBear
Waco1947 said:

contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Name an institution in the world not based on one group suppressing another group.
Waco1947
90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Name an institution in the world not based on one group suppressing another group.

Again immaterial. Cammo and Beto said "Every institution in America". Cammo seemed to object. I am asking why is Beto wrong about America
Waco1947
Florda_mike
Waco1947 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

It's gotta be a nightmare being you
Doc Holliday
OsoCoreyell said:

90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Good post.

What's also interesting is when mass intersectionality creates division within the political group as a whole who pushed it in the first place.

Ex. Feminists vs. Transgenders.
Redbrickbear
Waco1947 said:

contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Name an institution in Israel not based on Jewish supremacy.

Name an institution in Japan not based on Japanese supremacy.

Name an institution in Saudi Arabia not based on Arab supremacy.

Name an institution in Nigeria not based on the supremacy of native born black Nigerian majority.

Nation states are built by and for the majority ethnic/racial/cultural group.
Redbrickbear
OsoCoreyell said:

90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Yep.

Marxism didn't die in the late 1980s.

It just changed forms.

economic class has been replaced with race/sexuality/etc.

it so simple you can actually read the academic Marxist gibberish put out in the 1960s and just replace a few key words and its still the same!

riflebear
Redbrickbear said:

Waco1947 said:

contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Name an institution in Israel not based on Jewish supremacy.

Name an institution in Japan not based on Japanese supremacy.

Name an institution in Saudi Arabia not based on Arab supremacy.

Name an institution in Nigeria not based on the supremacy of native born black Nigerian majority.

Nation states are built by and for the majority ethnic/racial/cultural group.
None of those had 'white privilege' so it doesn't really register for libs.
90sBear
Waco1947 said:

90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Again immaterial. Cammo and Beto said "Every institution in America". Cammo seemed to object. I am asking why is Beto wrong about America
It is not immaterial. I'm curious what the logical point is to your question. If you are going to make your argument, then by extension you are arguing that every institution in the world is based on some group suppressing another at some point in time.

So if you are arguing that, then what is the point? Why should Beto make this an issue if every institution in the world is based on one group suppressing another?

If you take this to its full extension, everyone currently living is alive only because some ancestor of theirs belonged to a group that suppressed another group.
Edmond Bear

Is Waco going to respond to the Peace Corps example?

I think L'il Bush sending billions to combat the AIDS epidemic in Africa was also mentioned.

I could name many others but then Waco will pick one of those out and parse the truth down to fit his agenda.

So, maybe stick with Peace Corps and helping Africa.
fadskier
Let's just say that Beto is correct. So what? Is he saying that since 1776 (or pick a date) people of color are unable to move forward? Are they incapable of progress? False. If there is one thing that this country has proven is that anyone can move forward if you work hard....and there are many, many examples of this. The current founder of BET is one...Done Lemon. Morgan Freemen, all black-athlete millionaires, etc.

But no, let's act like the drunk who sits in his single wide, unemployed complaining that "the man" keeps him down. Just excuses...

Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Every institution in America wasn't "based on white supremacy." White supremacy was incompatible with what American institutions were generally based on. It was so incompatible that, less than a century later, we fought a massive Civil War over it.
CammoTX
What about NASA?
Malbec
Affirmative Action.
TechDawgMc
Waco1947 said:

contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

There was a time when you actually had some decent things to say. You've become a left wing troll. It's kind of sad. I realize there are some wackos on here that could drive anyone crazy but that doesn't really mean that stupidity should be the reaction.
OsoCoreyell
Waco1947 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

90sBear said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

America
contrario
Waco1947 said:

contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Slavery, racism and racial suppression was openly and proudly supported by only one of the two major political parties for over a century. That's the Democratic Party. If you have a problem with the US having its roots based in racial oppression, then in the name of consistency, you must also have a problem with the Democratic Party having its roots based in the same racial oppression. Otherwise you are being intellectually dishonest. The fact is the Democratic Party would not exist today if it didn't have the support (both financially and electorally) of racists and slave owners from its founding. These are facts.
Jack Bauer
fadskier said:

Let's just say that Beto is correct. So what? Is he saying that since 1776 (or pick a date) people of color are unable to move forward? Are they incapable of progress? False. If there is one thing that this country has proven is that anyone can move forward if you work hard....and there are many, many examples of this. The current founder of BET is one...Done Lemon. Morgan Freemen, all black-athlete millionaires, etc.

But no, let's act like the drunk who sits in his single wide, unemployed complaining that "the man" keeps him down. Just excuses...

Just this week I saw 2 black American females in the final 16 at Wimbledon and 5 minority American females win the World Cup.

How did they manage to do that with all the white supremacy going on??

Beto is the ultimate Beta male.
Osodecentx
Beto needs an unlikable foil (Cruz)

He needs to be the only alternative to the unlikable foil.
Waco1947
contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

CammoTX said:

"Every institution"?!?!

Slavery, racism and racial suppression was openly and proudly supported by only one of the two major political parties for over a century. That's the Democratic Party. If you have a problem with the US having its roots based in racial oppression, then in the name of consistency, you must also have a problem with the Democratic Party having its roots based in the same racial oppression. Otherwise you are being intellectually dishonest. The fact is the Democratic Party would not exist today if it didn't have the support (both financially and electorally) of racists and slave owners from its founding. These are facts.
No. Racists changed their support from Democrats to Republicans. There is difference. It's. Alex the "Southern Strategy,"
Look it up. Seeee Atwater
Waco1947
Waco1947
Jack Bauer said:

fadskier said:

Just this week I saw 2 black American females in the final 16 at Wimbledon and 5 minority American females win the World Cup.

How did they manage to do that with all the white supremacy going on??

Beto is the ultimate Beta male.
Immaterial to discussion of institutions
But you might take look at the founding the tennis pro association and the history of Althea Gibson and Arthur Ashe before shooting your mouth off
Waco1947
Jack Bauer
When you say something Waco doesn't like, it is qualified as "red herring", "immaterial". Gotta love this nutjob.
Waco1947
CammoTX said:

What about NASA?
How many astronauts before the first black astronaut. 1958-1982 all white.
Why none in 1958? Segregated education and segregated military service
Waco1947
ATL Bear
He actually said that every institution "still reflects" the legacy of Jim Crow, racism, etc. That makes his statement even more absurd.
Waco1947
Jack Bauer said:

When you say something Waco doesn't like, it is qualified as "red herring", "immaterial". Gotta love this nutjob.
Also known as calling logical fallacies. I am still right.
Waco1947

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.