12 Ways The Southern Poverty Law Center Is A Scam To Profit From Hate-Mongering

1,585 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cowboycwr
BaylorFTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What makes the hate list of the Southern Poverty Law Center different from the "burn book" a high school queen bee keeps in the 2004 movie "Mean Girls"? Answer: not much. The burn book was a compilation of insults, gossip, and rumors intended to repel the diva's "enemies," label everybody, and keep herself on top of the heap.

The SPLC uses its list of designated hate groups in much the same way: to manipulate the lives of others, smear reputations, control personal relationships, and reap the spoils. The dynamic is the same, whether played on the adolescent scene or in the political arena. Both lists serve mostly as power-mongering tools.

In civilized societies, we supposedly grow out of that sort of tribalism. But look around and you'll see such behaviors proliferating in every sphere: politics, journalism, education. A recent headline in the Washington Examiner nailed it: "The Bret Stephens Freak Out is a Reminder that the Media Is Basically a Massive High School Clique."

Why do so many folks treat the SPLC with undeserved reverence, the way too many high school kids treat a self-appointed nasty queen bee? Why do they accept the Southern Poverty Law Center as the nation's Grand Inquisitor dictating who may speak and who must shut up? And why are its smears and caricatures so often blindly accepted at face value? What qualifies the SPLC to act as judge, jury, and social executioner of any human being who is not their blind supporter?

Those questions have been hanging in the air for decades. As with all vilification campaigns, the SPLC plays a dangerous and cruel game under the guise of defending victims. So let's take a closer look at some of the SPLC's history and behavior. Let's count some ways it's a con game.

Rest of article: https://thefederalist.com/2017/05/17/12-ways-southern-poverty-law-center-scam-profit-hate-mongering/
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
The word "racist" is thrown around so much by the Democrats these days, it has lost all of its meaning. Merely disagreeing makes you a racist.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The word "racist" is thrown around so much by the Democrats these days, it has lost all of its meaning. Merely disagreeing makes you a racist.

By the 2020 election anyone not voting for Democrats will be described as a racist .
cowboycwr
Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

By the 2020 election anyone not voting for Democrats will be described as a racist .
That already happened in 2016.

Remember?

Anyone who supported Trump was racist, low class and DEPLORABLE.
Redbrickbear
SPLC has also finally gotten in trouble a little with the liberal media......the media has finally listened to the numerous non-white and non-jewish workers who have complained for years that 90% of the money that the SPLC takes in goes directly into the accounts of the main partners.

And that the main partners like Morris Dees just keep buying extra multi-million dollar lake houses.
quash
Used to have a lot of respect for that place. Their take down of the Klan was epic.

Somewhere along the line they became the self-appointed judge. I think that realization is spreading, seems the SPLC influence is not what it once was.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canada2017
quash said:

Used to have a lot of respect for that place. Their take down of the Klan was epic.

Somewhere along the line they became the self-appointed judge. I think that realization is spreading, seems the SPLC influence is not what it once was.

Not sure....but didn't the organization have some serious internal disputes of few years ago ?
quash
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Not sure....but didn't the organization have some serious internal disputes of few years ago ?
I only have the vaguest recollection of that. Wasn't serious enough to change the direction SPLC has taken.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Despite my above criticism of the SPLC, Stephen Miller needs to go.
drahthaar
Baylor has recently had some joint efforts with them, I believe.
Canada2017
quash said:

Why specifically ?
quash
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Why specifically ?
He is a bigot whose proclivities have influenced policy implementation. He doesn't even have a "there were good people on both sides" to fall back on.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Why specifically ?
He is a bigot whose proclivities have influenced policy implementation. He doesn't even have a "there were good people on both sides" to fall back on.
How is he a bigot?
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Why specifically ?
How is he a bigot?
Crime is about race. Immigration is about race. The dude sees the world through racial glasses. Sad!
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Why specifically ?
How is he a bigot?
Crime is about race. Immigration is about race. The dude sees the world through racial glasses. Sad!
What did he specifically say that warrants him being called bigot?
cinque
cowboycwr said:

Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Remember?

That's not entirely true.
Make Racism Wrong Again
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Why specifically ?
How is he a bigot?
Nothing that would change your mind about him.
Canada2017
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Why specifically ?

Specific examples of his bigotry ?

Or is this guy merely the target of the week ?
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Why specifically ?
How is he a bigot?
Nothing that would change your mind about him.
Well just give me one example. Just one.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Why specifically ?
How is he a bigot?
Crime is about race.
Crime is about race? REALLY? Please tell us more.

-- Barack Obama
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Why specifically ?
How is he a bigot?
Crime is about race.
Ask Stephen Miller, that's his position, not mine. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Keyser Soze
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Why specifically ?
How is he a bigot?
Crime is about race.
Ask Stephen Miller, that's his position, not mine. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Whew! That makes more sense. We don't always agree, but that certainly did not sound like you.

-- Barack Obama
cowboycwr
cinque said:

cowboycwr said:

Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Remember?

That's not entirely true.

It is 100% true. You even posted lots about it and still do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.