Priest: No Catholic Can Vote For Biden

4,231 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Canada2017
BaylorFTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fr. Frank Pavone, Fr. Michael Orsi, and Fr. Stephen Imbarrato agree that even though Biden claims to be Catholic, his abortion and LGBT activism make him unsupportable.

July 24, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) As the November presidential election swiftly approaches, Democrat Joe Biden is looking for ways to exploit his association with Catholicism to, in the words of an Associated Press report, "claim the moral high ground" in order to "chip away at Trump's base by appealing to pockets of conservative faithful."

"Joe Biden is a different kind of foe than Trump has faced before: one who makes faith a central part of his persona often literally wearing it on his sleeve," asserted an Associated Press (AP) report published by mainstream media outlets across the country.

Yet Biden's faith which allows him to declare that abortion is an 'essential healthcare service;" to assert that if elected he will resurrect Obama-era policies that would force the Little Sisters of the Poor to violate their religious beliefs and provide contraceptives and abortifacients to their employees; to personally conduct gay weddings; and to support the overtly marxist Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement that seeks to disrupt the nuclear family is completely foreign to vast swaths of Catholics.

As the election draws nearer, Biden is racing further and further leftward, creating an evermore distinct contrast with President Trump's strong pro-life, pro-family record.

'Biden should not even try to receive Communion'

Fr. Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life, said Biden's "failure to protect the unborn puts him not only in conflict with the Catholic faith but with the Christian Gospel, the Founding principles of America, the very meaning of public service, and basic human decency. You can't kill babies, and you can't authorize anyone else to do so."

"This leads to the conclusion that a person like this should not even try to receive Communion," Fr. Pavone told LifeSiteNews. "In fact, he doesn't want to, because to exclude the unborn is to exclude Christ; so you may want 'Communion,' but you don't want actual union with Jesus."

"Moreover, if one claims to believe the Church in saying the host is the Body of Christ, how can one not believe that same Church when she says the unborn is a person worthy of protection? The latter is easier to understand than the former," Pavone declared.

Biden: 'Anti-Catholic'

"Joe Biden has already, rightfully so, been refused communion," said Father Stephen Imbarrato, an activist pro-life Catholic priest, a regular on EWTN, and a member of Red Rose Rescues.

Fr. Imbarrato recounted a litany of Biden's scandalous positions on issues that defy his Catholic faith:
  • Joe Biden supports murdering babies up till the day of birth.
  • He supports the murder of the elderly, disabled, and medically vulnerable through euthanasia and assisted suicide.
  • He supports any number of sexual disorders and immoral experimentations that attack Catholic marriage and family. He himself has even presided over a same-sex marriage in direct opposition to Church mandate.
  • His environmental policies are built on the population control principles of abortion and contraception in direct oposition to the teaching of Pope Francis on the environment.
  • His crime bills in the 1990s, which he still brags about today, included the death penalty and were by many accounts racist.
  • He even made racist statements during the Senate hearing. Again, he still brags about these even today.
  • He even admitted that as President he would force (bully) Catholic nuns to pay for contraception and abortion in spite of the fact that the U.S. Supreme Court sided with the conscience and religious freedom of the nuns, 7-2. This is an outright attack on our Catholic faith.

"He is a walking and talking scandal to his Catholic faith and has rightly been refused the Eucharist because he persists in ongoing mortal sin thus separating himself from communion with the Church.
He scandalizes the Catholic faith in so many ways that objectively he actually seems "anti Catholic" in his beliefs."

"Biden is not living as a Catholic," Fr. Pavone said in a recent video.

Article: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/top-us-pro-life-priests-no-catholic-can-vote-for-joe-biden
BornAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biden isnt even living as a human at this point. he doesnt know his sister from his wife ...so he is having incest too...what a leftist pig
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No priest should be telling anyone how to vote.
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BornAgain said:

Biden isnt even living as a human at this point. he doesnt know his sister from his wife ...so he is having incest too...what a leftist pig
Your screen name implies you are a born-again Christian but your posts say otherwise.
BornAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aw shucks
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jinx 2 said:

BornAgain said:

Biden isnt even living as a human at this point. he doesnt know his sister from his wife ...so he is having incest too...what a leftist pig
Your screen name implies you are a born-again Christian but your posts say otherwise.
Actually, you implied that his screen name meant born-again Christian. could be Hindu
CHP Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jinx 2 said:

No priest should be telling anyone how to vote.
So says the High Priestess of "counter culture".
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has Pavone found a Bishop who will allow him to perform priestly duties in his diocese? They threw him out of Amarillo. He's hangin on by a thread.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Coke Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jinx 2 said:

No priest should be telling anyone how to vote.
Please explain why not.

Their statement was not made during a mass.
BornAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This used to be free country. Anyone has a right to say what they want. Even a Priest.
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cinque said:

Has Pavone found a Bishop who will allow him to perform priestly duties in his diocese? They threw him out of Amarillo. He's hangin on by a thread.
Anybody? Seems like he has a problem with authority. He may not be long for the priesthood.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BornAgain said:

This used to be free country. Anyone has a right to say what they want. Even a Priest.


Fortunately we have a wonderful Priest who gently reminds our congregation that Catholicism is not a 'pick and choose ' Faith.

One cannot be Catholic and support abortion.

Period

cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

This used to be free country. Anyone has a right to say what they want. Even a Priest.


Fortunately we have a wonderful Priest who gently reminds our congregation that Catholicism is not a 'pick and choose ' Faith.

One cannot be Catholic and support abortion.

Period


Sure you can.
Make Racism Wrong Again
BaylorFTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cinque said:

cinque said:

Has Pavone found a Bishop who will allow him to perform priestly duties in his diocese? They threw him out of Amarillo. He's hangin on by a thread.
Anybody? Seems like he has a problem with authority. He may not be long for the priesthood.
I don't know. These days it seems Catholic authority has a number of problems of its own so it could be him leaving the priesthood would be a virtue. Of course, none of that makes what he said about Biden and Catholicism to be incorrect.
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorFTW said:

cinque said:

cinque said:

Has Pavone found a Bishop who will allow him to perform priestly duties in his diocese? They threw him out of Amarillo. He's hangin on by a thread.
Anybody? Seems like he has a problem with authority. He may not be long for the priesthood.
I don't know. These days it seems Catholic authority has a number of problems of its own so it could be him leaving the priesthood would be a virtue. Of course, none of that makes what he said about Biden and Catholicism to be incorrect.
You may not understand this, but one should be wary of of anybody so convinced of their own righteousness that everybody else is wrong.
Make Racism Wrong Again
BaylorFTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cinque said:

BaylorFTW said:

cinque said:

cinque said:

Has Pavone found a Bishop who will allow him to perform priestly duties in his diocese? They threw him out of Amarillo. He's hangin on by a thread.
Anybody? Seems like he has a problem with authority. He may not be long for the priesthood.
I don't know. These days it seems Catholic authority has a number of problems of its own so it could be him leaving the priesthood would be a virtue. Of course, none of that makes what he said about Biden and Catholicism to be incorrect.
You may not understand this, but one should be wary of of anybody so convinced of their own righteousness that everybody else is wrong.
Is that what Biden is essentially doing regarding other Catholics?
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorFTW said:

cinque said:

BaylorFTW said:

cinque said:

cinque said:

Has Pavone found a Bishop who will allow him to perform priestly duties in his diocese? They threw him out of Amarillo. He's hangin on by a thread.
Anybody? Seems like he has a problem with authority. He may not be long for the priesthood.
I don't know. These days it seems Catholic authority has a number of problems of its own so it could be him leaving the priesthood would be a virtue. Of course, none of that makes what he said about Biden and Catholicism to be incorrect.
You may not understand this, but one should be wary of of anybody so convinced of their own righteousness that everybody else is wrong.
Is that what Biden is essentially doing regarding other Catholics?
There are literally millions of Catholics, including Priests and women religious who believe as Biden does.
Make Racism Wrong Again
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

This used to be free country. Anyone has a right to say what they want. Even a Priest.


Fortunately we have a wonderful Priest who gently reminds our congregation that Catholicism is not a 'pick and choose ' Faith.

One cannot be Catholic and support abortion.

Period


The priest pedophilia scandal says "hi."

PRIESTS get to pick and choose.

They just don't want their parishioners to do it.

All of the documented physical and sexual abuse of children and cover-ups of priestly affairs and illegitimate children whose mothers were paid off (or not) has undermined the church's moral authority except to those who accept it based on longstanding faith. The rest of us expect clergy to walk the walk, and the Catholic church has never required that of anyone BUT its parishioners.
blackie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This election, IMO has nothing to do with positions or policies for large segments of the population. The only question that matters is do the majority just want Trump gone. That is it plain and simple. Plenty of people will vote against their true wishes just to get Trump out and then reset in 4 years with hopefully the Reps actually having a candidate that doesn't turn people off with his personality, ego, etc.. It really is that simple. I really have not seen any similar situation in my lifetime. The backlash against Bush or Obama was no where close to what we see with Trump.
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blackie said:

This election, IMO has nothing to do with positions or policies for large segments of the population. The only question that matters is do the majority just want Trump gone. That is it plain and simple. Plenty of people will vote against their true wishes just to get Trump out and then reset in 4 years with hopefully the Reps actually having a candidate that doesn't turn people off with his personality, ego, etc.. It really is that simple. I really have not seen any similar situation in my lifetime. The backlash against Bush or Obama was no where close to what we see with Trump.
Tucker Carlson and Junior won't help you.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Coke Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cinque said:

There are literally millions of Catholics, including Priests and women religious who believe as Biden does.

They either do not fully understand or care what the Church teaches. If it is the latter, then they are not in communion with the Church.

They (excluding priests because they are required to at every mass they celebrate) should not partake of the Eucharistic.
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coke Bear said:

cinque said:

There are literally millions of Catholics, including Priests and women religious who believe as Biden does.

They either do not fully understand or care what the Church teaches. If it is the latter, then they are not in communion with the Church.

They (excluding priests because they are required to at every mass they celebrate) should not partake of the Eucharistic.
I know the rules.Im talking about what people believe. I suspect even you know practicing Catholics who believe as Biden does.
Make Racism Wrong Again
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coke Bear said:

cinque said:

There are literally millions of Catholics, including Priests and women religious who believe as Biden does.

They either do not fully understand or care what the Church teaches. If it is the latter, then they are not in communion with the Church.

They (excluding priests because they are required to at every mass they celebrate) should not partake of the Eucharistic.
As I understand it from Catholic friends, there's a wide spectrum in the Catholic church re: issues such as contraception and even in allowing people to oppose abortion as a personal choice while not believing they should attempt to impose that believe on everyone in our society.

I've been wondering if there would be a schism, and I thought the pedophilia scandal might bring it about.

What appears to have happened instead is that lots of people, particularly young people, have left the church and that formerly Catholic nations like Ireland, after being exposed to atrocities like orphanages where children were so badly cared for many didn't survive and were buried in mass graves (so much for "pro-life"--since those children were illegitmate, they and their mothers were considered unworthy of decent care and became fodder for physical and sexual abuse) and the pedophilia scandal, that there has been a decline of more than 80% of participation in the Catholic church.

Walking the walk is important. And when it was discovered that Catholic priests had not held those among them who abused children and had affairs with women responsible for their actions and had rather tried to cover it up, blame the victims or buy them off, and had moved abusive priests to other parishes to continue victimizing children, people were justifiably disgusted.

I'm branded as a hypocrit by some Catholics on this site because I advocate for lots of policies I consider "proliving," including allowing women to choose for themselves what to do if they become pregnant because I do not believe either a church or a government should make such a momentous decision for anyone. The scorn and condemnation don't bother me, because those same people have either tolerated the abuse of women or children within their church by the priests entrusted with the souls in their care, or they deny the abuse happened, or they make excuses for it and for the shameful way the Catholic church used canon law to allow priests to avoid legal consequences for their criminal actions in the states / countries where they lived and worked, while still viciously and scornfully condemning women who end up pregnant and alone with no resources for their predicament. I recently read a column by a male social worker who said he had aopposed abortion until he began working in a position where he continually encountered women--some of whom were children impregnated by relatives or through an assault, who came to him alone, with no family or church support or man standing by them, including a father or other family member, seeking help. His big question was: A man was there at the start of this problem, and where is he now?

Your church, IMO, is too easy on its leaders and too harsh on everyone else. Including people who aren't members, but whose lives you want to govern with your beliefs.
Coke Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jinx 2 said:

The priest pedophilia scandal says "hi."

PRIESTS get to pick and choose.

They just don't want their parishioners to do it.

All of the documented physical and sexual abuse of children and cover-ups of priestly affairs and illegitimate children whose mothers were paid off (or not) has undermined the church's moral authority except to those who accept it based on longstanding faith. The rest of us expect clergy to walk the walk, and the Catholic church has never required that of anyone BUT its parishioners.

First, why would you even bring this up in this topic? You seem to do this often, although you haven't made this appeal in a few months. It brings ZERO valve to the discussion.

All the priests that I know are good, holy men of God doing their best to lead their flock. We still have some bad ones in the Church but hopefully in the next twenty years or so they will be gone.

Second, we are all sinners. By this account no one should be commenting on this.

Third, I've mentioned several times on this board that we have had some very bad priests/bishops in the Church that have struggled with same -sex attraction. The vast majority of these cases were pre-2002. Since that time the Church has been the leader in keeping kids safe with required training and over sight from each dioceses for clergy and lay people. I have worked with junior high and high school youth for the last ten years. I attend training every three years and undergo background checks.

Forth, the rate of accusations against Catholic priests are lower than the national average of convictions for teachers (coaches), police officers, doctors, and the public.

I haven't seen you call those folks out.

Finally, I'm not sure how the someone in the Church (of the Church itself) hurt you, but I do apologize for what ever you went thru. I pray that you can find healing.

PS. I'm done with this conversion. I will only comment about the topic in the OP if you care to discuss it further.
ScruffyD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
is he unsupportable because he doesn't raw dog pornstars while his wife is at home with a newborn? or because he doesn't grab women by the pssy? or is it because he doesn't drag his wife down the hallway when his hair transplant goes wrong?

or is it because he's not forbidden from running charities?

i could go on and on.

GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coke Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

The priest pedophilia scandal says "hi."

Third, I've mentioned several times on this board that we have had some very bad priests/bishops in the Church that have struggled with same -sex attraction. The vast majority of these cases were pre-2002. Since that time the Church has been the leader in keeping kids safe with required training and over sight from each dioceses for clergy and lay people. I have worked with junior high and high school youth for the last ten years. I attend training every three years and undergo background checks.


The church tried to blame the entire pedophilia and abuse scandal on gay priests.

That didn't fly.

Gay priests with normal same-sex attraction might have sought relationships with other priests or with men in their parish--a sin in the Catholic church.

What they would NOT have done is abuse children. That's pedophilia, it can involve both or either girls or boys, and it's what Jeffrey Epstein was jailed for. The priests who did that were pedophiles.

And you apparently buy into the church's propaganda that the "bad" priests were gay. Some abused boys, but again, that's pedophilia. Normal same-sex attraction is age-appropriate. And my guess is that gay priests who had consensual affairs with other priests or with other men were more likely to be drummed out of the church than the pedophiles who were shuffled from parish to parish.

Your utter refusal to acknowledge your church's great sin and its failure to own up and take responsibility for what really happened and make reparations without being forced to by lawsuits and criminal actions is one of the reasons I continue to believe that, while there are good Catholics, the Church as an instiuttion is corrupt and unrepentent and still trying to cover up and obscute the evil it allowed its priests to do. That has cost it members, and it appears not to care.

Oh, and finally, coaches, doctors and teachers didn't have canon law to hide behind. More of them have been convicted because more of them faced justice for what they did in real time. And those who didn't, like Dennis Hastert, were finally outed and faced justice later. Republicans just don't talk about Dennis. But don't tell me they didn't know what he had done. Dennis wasn't a Catholic--he was an evanglical who went to Wheaton College, and here's an article that shows the "establishment" versus younger generation response to the incredible hypocrisy it takes to value an abuser of children over the children: https://www.ncronline.org/news/politics/wheaton-group-blasts-colleges-silence-over-hastert-confession
...above all they said the school needed to speak out.

"When powerful Christian institutions, like Wheaton College, fail to denounce the abusive behavior of their community leaders and instead praise, protect or excuse the abuser, they are complicit in that abuse and the profound suffering and irreparable damage incurred," the letter writers say.

"When the abuser is a Christian or represents key Christian institutions, this damage is not only psychological but spiritual."
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, but what if they are black Catholics?
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gruvin said:

Jinx 2 said:

BornAgain said:

Biden isnt even living as a human at this point. he doesnt know his sister from his wife ...so he is having incest too...what a leftist pig
Your screen name implies you are a born-again Christian but your posts say otherwise.
Actually, you implied that his screen name meant born-again Christian. could be Hindu
Hindu's aren't "born again"! They just matriculate to other lives. Born-again is just acting like Jesus would.
BaylorFTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jinx 2 said:

Coke Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

The priest pedophilia scandal says "hi."

Third, I've mentioned several times on this board that we have had some very bad priests/bishops in the Church that have struggled with same -sex attraction. The vast majority of these cases were pre-2002. Since that time the Church has been the leader in keeping kids safe with required training and over sight from each dioceses for clergy and lay people. I have worked with junior high and high school youth for the last ten years. I attend training every three years and undergo background checks.


The church tried to blame the entire pedophilia and abuse scandal on gay priests.

That didn't fly.

Gay priests with normal same-sex attraction might have sought relationships with other priests or with men in their parish--a sin in the Catholic church.

What they would NOT have done is abuse children. That's pedophilia, it can involve both or either girls or boys, and it's what Jeffrey Epstein was jailed for. The priests who did that were pedophiles.

And you apparently buy into the church's propaganda that the "bad" priests were gay. Some abused boys, but again, that's pedophilia. Normal same-sex attraction is age-appropriate. And my guess is that gay priests who had consensual affairs with other priests or with other men were more likely to be drummed out of the church than the pedophiles who were shuffled from parish to parish.

Your utter refusal to acknowledge your church's great sin and its failure to own up and take responsibility for what really happened and make reparations without being forced to by lawsuits and criminal actions is one of the reasons I continue to believe that, while there are good Catholics, the Church as an instiuttion is corrupt and unrepentent and still trying to cover up and obscute the evil it allowed its priests to do. That has cost it members, and it appears not to care.

Oh, and finally, coaches, doctors and teachers didn't have canon law to hide behind. More of them have been convicted because more of them faced justice for what they did in real time. And those who didn't, like Dennis Hastert, were finally outed and faced justice later. Republicans just don't talk about Dennis. But don't tell me they didn't know what he had done. Dennis wasn't a Catholic--he was an evanglical who went to Wheaton College, and here's an article that shows the "establishment" versus younger generation response to the incredible hypocrisy it takes to value an abuser of children over the children: https://www.ncronline.org/news/politics/wheaton-group-blasts-colleges-silence-over-hastert-confession
...above all they said the school needed to speak out.

"When powerful Christian institutions, like Wheaton College, fail to denounce the abusive behavior of their community leaders and instead praise, protect or excuse the abuser, they are complicit in that abuse and the profound suffering and irreparable damage incurred," the letter writers say.

"When the abuser is a Christian or represents key Christian institutions, this damage is not only psychological but spiritual."
Don't kid yourself, sexual abuse is also spiritual abuse regardless of whether the person claims to be a Christian or not. It is still a sin no matter who does it and we all know it is wrong. The consequences of the sin are still felt by the child and others and this effects their faith.
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

This used to be free country. Anyone has a right to say what they want. Even a Priest.


Fortunately we have a wonderful Priest who gently reminds our congregation that Catholicism is not a 'pick and choose ' Faith.

One cannot be Catholic and support abortion.

Period


The priest pedophilia scandal says "hi."

PRIESTS get to pick and choose.

They just don't want their parishioners to do it.

All of the documented physical and sexual abuse of children and cover-ups of priestly affairs and illegitimate children whose mothers were paid off (or not) has undermined the church's moral authority except to those who accept it based on longstanding faith. The rest of us expect clergy to walk the walk, and the Catholic church has never required that of anyone BUT its parishioners.


You are a liar ....a forever bitter, neurotic liar .

Priests do not get to 'pick and choose '.

They face the same judgments and penalties as anyone else.

Now go back to your cave .
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorFTW said:

Jinx 2 said:

Coke Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

The priest pedophilia scandal says "hi."

Third, I've mentioned several times on this board that we have had some very bad priests/bishops in the Church that have struggled with same -sex attraction. The vast majority of these cases were pre-2002. Since that time the Church has been the leader in keeping kids safe with required training and over sight from each dioceses for clergy and lay people. I have worked with junior high and high school youth for the last ten years. I attend training every three years and undergo background checks.


The church tried to blame the entire pedophilia and abuse scandal on gay priests.

That didn't fly.

Gay priests with normal same-sex attraction might have sought relationships with other priests or with men in their parish--a sin in the Catholic church.

What they would NOT have done is abuse children. That's pedophilia, it can involve both or either girls or boys, and it's what Jeffrey Epstein was jailed for. The priests who did that were pedophiles.

And you apparently buy into the church's propaganda that the "bad" priests were gay. Some abused boys, but again, that's pedophilia. Normal same-sex attraction is age-appropriate. And my guess is that gay priests who had consensual affairs with other priests or with other men were more likely to be drummed out of the church than the pedophiles who were shuffled from parish to parish.

Your utter refusal to acknowledge your church's great sin and its failure to own up and take responsibility for what really happened and make reparations without being forced to by lawsuits and criminal actions is one of the reasons I continue to believe that, while there are good Catholics, the Church as an instiuttion is corrupt and unrepentent and still trying to cover up and obscute the evil it allowed its priests to do. That has cost it members, and it appears not to care.

Oh, and finally, coaches, doctors and teachers didn't have canon law to hide behind. More of them have been convicted because more of them faced justice for what they did in real time. And those who didn't, like Dennis Hastert, were finally outed and faced justice later. Republicans just don't talk about Dennis. But don't tell me they didn't know what he had done. Dennis wasn't a Catholic--he was an evanglical who went to Wheaton College, and here's an article that shows the "establishment" versus younger generation response to the incredible hypocrisy it takes to value an abuser of children over the children: https://www.ncronline.org/news/politics/wheaton-group-blasts-colleges-silence-over-hastert-confession
...above all they said the school needed to speak out.

"When powerful Christian institutions, like Wheaton College, fail to denounce the abusive behavior of their community leaders and instead praise, protect or excuse the abuser, they are complicit in that abuse and the profound suffering and irreparable damage incurred," the letter writers say.

"When the abuser is a Christian or represents key Christian institutions, this damage is not only psychological but spiritual."
Don't kid yourself, sexual abuse is also spiritual abuse regardless of whether the person claims to be a Christian or not. It is still a sin no matter who does it and we all know it is wrong. The consequences of the sin are still felt by the child and others and this effects their faith.
It's particularly egregious spiritual abuse when your abuser is a priest of your church, who has the power to hear your confessions, may have the power to excommunicate you from your church (particularly frightening if you believe you can only be saved if you remain in your church), and who is thus your immediate spiritual authority.

The fact that the Catholic church knew this abuse was occurring and did nothing about it seems to affect people outside the church, other than the victims and their loved ones, more than it does people withint he church. That's a mystery to me, since the trust between those who exercise spiritual authority on behalf of the church and those who are subject to it must be absolute for that to work, and sexual abuse, especially of children, is an egregious and awful breach of that trust.
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

Jinx 2 said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

This used to be free country. Anyone has a right to say what they want. Even a Priest.


Fortunately we have a wonderful Priest who gently reminds our congregation that Catholicism is not a 'pick and choose ' Faith.

One cannot be Catholic and support abortion.

Period


The priest pedophilia scandal says "hi."

PRIESTS get to pick and choose.

They just don't want their parishioners to do it.

All of the documented physical and sexual abuse of children and cover-ups of priestly affairs and illegitimate children whose mothers were paid off (or not) has undermined the church's moral authority except to those who accept it based on longstanding faith. The rest of us expect clergy to walk the walk, and the Catholic church has never required that of anyone BUT its parishioners.


You are a liar ....a forever bitter, neurotic liar .

Priests do not get to 'pick and choose '.

They face the same judgments and penalties as anyone else.

Now go back to your cave .

When you are not a believer, the judgments and penalties people might face in the afterlife aren't really justice.

The Catholic Church covered for pedophiles and abusers and did it for years, and ran abusive institutions where children died unloved and were buried in mass graves in some countries, including Ireland.

Most of the perps never faced justice here, and many who should have were protected by the church. That's changing, but it's taken years.
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear said:

Yeah, but what if they are black Catholics?

You were not always this racially anxious. What happened?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

This used to be free country. Anyone has a right to say what they want. Even a Priest.


Fortunately we have a wonderful Priest who gently reminds our congregation that Catholicism is not a 'pick and choose ' Faith.

One cannot be Catholic and support abortion.

Period


How does the Catholic Church feel about lies, adultery, 5 kids from 3 baby mamas, etc etc? Trump was also pro abortion until he turned republican.
George Truett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorFTW said:

Fr. Frank Pavone, Fr. Michael Orsi, and Fr. Stephen Imbarrato agree that even though Biden claims to be Catholic, his abortion and LGBT activism make him unsupportable.

July 24, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) As the November presidential election swiftly approaches, Democrat Joe Biden is looking for ways to exploit his association with Catholicism to, in the words of an Associated Press report, "claim the moral high ground" in order to "chip away at Trump's base by appealing to pockets of conservative faithful."

"Joe Biden is a different kind of foe than Trump has faced before: one who makes faith a central part of his persona often literally wearing it on his sleeve," asserted an Associated Press (AP) report published by mainstream media outlets across the country.

Yet Biden's faith which allows him to declare that abortion is an 'essential healthcare service;" to assert that if elected he will resurrect Obama-era policies that would force the Little Sisters of the Poor to violate their religious beliefs and provide contraceptives and abortifacients to their employees; to personally conduct gay weddings; and to support the overtly marxist Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement that seeks to disrupt the nuclear family is completely foreign to vast swaths of Catholics.

As the election draws nearer, Biden is racing further and further leftward, creating an evermore distinct contrast with President Trump's strong pro-life, pro-family record.

'Biden should not even try to receive Communion'

Fr. Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life, said Biden's "failure to protect the unborn puts him not only in conflict with the Catholic faith but with the Christian Gospel, the Founding principles of America, the very meaning of public service, and basic human decency. You can't kill babies, and you can't authorize anyone else to do so."

"This leads to the conclusion that a person like this should not even try to receive Communion," Fr. Pavone told LifeSiteNews. "In fact, he doesn't want to, because to exclude the unborn is to exclude Christ; so you may want 'Communion,' but you don't want actual union with Jesus."

"Moreover, if one claims to believe the Church in saying the host is the Body of Christ, how can one not believe that same Church when she says the unborn is a person worthy of protection? The latter is easier to understand than the former," Pavone declared.

Biden: 'Anti-Catholic'

"Joe Biden has already, rightfully so, been refused communion," said Father Stephen Imbarrato, an activist pro-life Catholic priest, a regular on EWTN, and a member of Red Rose Rescues.

Fr. Imbarrato recounted a litany of Biden's scandalous positions on issues that defy his Catholic faith:
  • Joe Biden supports murdering babies up till the day of birth.
  • He supports the murder of the elderly, disabled, and medically vulnerable through euthanasia and assisted suicide.
  • He supports any number of sexual disorders and immoral experimentations that attack Catholic marriage and family. He himself has even presided over a same-sex marriage in direct opposition to Church mandate.
  • His environmental policies are built on the population control principles of abortion and contraception in direct oposition to the teaching of Pope Francis on the environment.
  • His crime bills in the 1990s, which he still brags about today, included the death penalty and were by many accounts racist.
  • He even made racist statements during the Senate hearing. Again, he still brags about these even today.
  • He even admitted that as President he would force (bully) Catholic nuns to pay for contraception and abortion in spite of the fact that the U.S. Supreme Court sided with the conscience and religious freedom of the nuns, 7-2. This is an outright attack on our Catholic faith.

"He is a walking and talking scandal to his Catholic faith and has rightly been refused the Eucharist because he persists in ongoing mortal sin thus separating himself from communion with the Church.
He scandalizes the Catholic faith in so many ways that objectively he actually seems "anti Catholic" in his beliefs."

"Biden is not living as a Catholic," Fr. Pavone said in a recent video.

Article: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/top-us-pro-life-priests-no-catholic-can-vote-for-joe-biden

This priest also believes most of you are going to hell because most of you aren't Catholic.

Maybe you and Joe can have adjoining rooms!
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.