Man Arrested for Not Calling His 14-yr Old Daughter "He/Him"

7,129 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This will be coming to the US. We live in a backwards, upside down, inside out world at the moment. This is an incredibly sad story and should cause significant concerns for anyone who values free speech, free thought, child protection, parental rights, and science.

Quote:

A Canadian father has been arrested for "misgendering" his own 14-year-old child by calling her his "daughter," and referring to her with the pronouns "she" and "her."

Robert Hoogland the father of a 14-year-old biological female who identifies as transgender and prefers male pronouns was found in contempt of court and jailed on Tuesday after repeatedly calling his child his "daughter," despite the court forbidding it, according to a report by the Post Millennial.

Justice Boden of the British Columbia Supreme Court had reportedly declared that Hoogland and his wife had to affirm their daughter's new gender identity. Hoogland was told that if he tried to dissuade his daughter or refer to her as a female, then he would be considered guilty of "family violence."

In December of last year, Hoogland was mandated by British Columbia Supreme Court Justice Francesca Marzari to cooperate in the "transitioning" of his daughter's sex, and was told not to refer to her as female again.

Hoogland had previously discovered that his daughter's school had been showing her sexual and gender identity education materials known as "SOGI 123," which the report referred to as transgender "propaganda videos."
By the 7th grade, the school had changed his daughter's name in the yearbook without telling her parents, and "socially transitioned" her with the input of gender ideologue psychologist Wallace Wong, who advised the pubescent child to take testosterone.

"Here I am, sitting there as a parent, watching a perfectly healthy child be destroyed, and there's nothing I can do but sit on the sideline and according to Justice Boden at the time, cheer it on," Hoogland said in an interview last year. "I can only affirm, or get thrown in jail."

Hoogland wrote on a GoFundMe page raising money for his defense that the legal issue "could land me in jail for up to five years for speaking truth about state sponsored child abuse" and said he is "blocked from sharing any videos at this time that oppose the sterilization of children!"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-arrested-for-contempt-after-publicly-referring-to-his-biological-daughter-as-she-during-her-gender-transition/ar-BB1eLN4d
https://thepostmillennial.com/rob-hoogland-canada-prisoner-of-conscience
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/03/18/canadian-man-jailed-after-misgendering-his-daughter/

ShooterTX
And this is why we need school choice in America.
This kind of crap can only succeed if we are forced to send our children to the government run indoctrination camps, a.k.a. public schools.

If you haven't seriously considered homeschooling, then I really question your love for your children. If you don't homeschool, then you better spend a ton of time investigating and overseeing your kids school. Even some private schools are falling for this crap, and they all try to keep it hidden from the parents until it's too late.
ShooterTX
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canada must be pretty screwed up/

Americans do have many choices in the schooling of their children. Public school, private school and home schooling are all legal options. If you dont like your public school you are free to move into a different district. Freedom is a great thing.
D. C. Bear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Americans do have many choices in the schooling of their children. Public school, private school and home schooling are all legal options. If you dont like your public school you are free to move into a different district. Freedom is a great thing.

Many people are not, as a practical matter, free to live to a different district, and government mandates make that less useful as an option in any event.
Canon
D. C. Bear said:

Many people are not, as a practical matter, free to live to a different district, and government mandates make that less useful as an option in any event.
I'm not sure the founders of the US could have possibly even conceived of a situation like this when they drafted the first and second amendments, but if there was ever a situation that called for the use of both, this would likely fit that bill. How helpless must this man feel whilst the state destroys his daughter and brands him a criminal for objecting through speech?
Forest Bueller
Canon said:

This will be coming to the US. We live in a backwards, upside down, inside out world at the moment. This is an incredibly sad story and should cause significant concerns for anyone who values free speech, free thought, child protection, parental rights, and science.

Quote:

A Canadian father has been arrested for "misgendering" his own 14-year-old child by calling her his "daughter," and referring to her with the pronouns "she" and "her."

Robert Hoogland the father of a 14-year-old biological female who identifies as transgender and prefers male pronouns was found in contempt of court and jailed on Tuesday after repeatedly calling his child his "daughter," despite the court forbidding it, according to a report by the Post Millennial.

Justice Boden of the British Columbia Supreme Court had reportedly declared that Hoogland and his wife had to affirm their daughter's new gender identity. Hoogland was told that if he tried to dissuade his daughter or refer to her as a female, then he would be considered guilty of "family violence."

In December of last year, Hoogland was mandated by British Columbia Supreme Court Justice Francesca Marzari to cooperate in the "transitioning" of his daughter's sex, and was told not to refer to her as female again.

Hoogland had previously discovered that his daughter's school had been showing her sexual and gender identity education materials known as "SOGI 123," which the report referred to as transgender "propaganda videos."
By the 7th grade, the school had changed his daughter's name in the yearbook without telling her parents, and "socially transitioned" her with the input of gender ideologue psychologist Wallace Wong, who advised the pubescent child to take testosterone.

"Here I am, sitting there as a parent, watching a perfectly healthy child be destroyed, and there's nothing I can do but sit on the sideline and according to Justice Boden at the time, cheer it on," Hoogland said in an interview last year. "I can only affirm, or get thrown in jail."

Hoogland wrote on a GoFundMe page raising money for his defense that the legal issue "could land me in jail for up to five years for speaking truth about state sponsored child abuse" and said he is "blocked from sharing any videos at this time that oppose the sterilization of children!"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-arrested-for-contempt-after-publicly-referring-to-his-biological-daughter-as-she-during-her-gender-transition/ar-BB1eLN4d
https://thepostmillennial.com/rob-hoogland-canada-prisoner-of-conscience
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/03/18/canadian-man-jailed-after-misgendering-his-daughter/

Just cause your daughter has a mental illness, you shouldn't be jailed for calling her what she actually is.
Forest Bueller

Quote:

Quote:

The entire bolded portion is simply child abuse and should be illegal. The folks who should be jailed are the people with the agenda to mess up an adolescent.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
ShooterTX said:

This kind of crap can only succeed if we are forced to send our children to the government run indoctrination camps, a.k.a. public schools.

If you haven't seriously considered homeschooling, then I really question your love for your children. If you don't homeschool, then you better spend a ton of time investigating and overseeing your kids school. Even some private schools are falling for this crap, and they all try to keep it hidden from the parents until it's too late.
Wonder about how schools try to keep parents from knowing about transgendering going on at school. Do the parents talk to their children? Are these the type of parents you are suggesting home school their children? Should the schools send out bulletins with names of students they think may be gay? Maybe open a magnet school for potentially queer students?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
The school did not change the childs name. The parents dont live together and the mother changed the childs name. This has been going on for at least 4 years, The Canadian government tried to protect the 15 year olds identity for the childs safety but the father insisted on publicity to try to make money on Go Fund Me.

The mother is a psychologist and supports the teens actions, Blaming the school for using the childs legal name in a yearbook and not isolating te child in a queer room or stupid students that question their identity class seems. well. silly.

Instead of shaming his teen the father might take a more active role in the childs life and try to model a loving father image rather than spreading the families dirty laundry on GoFundMe and Facebook. I feel for this guys pain and thank God I never had this problem with my children that also grew up in a single parent (my) home.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
D. C. Bear said:

Americans are free to go to almost anywhere in the world. 4 years ago America sported the 3rd or 4th strongest passport in the world. For some reason our passport strength has weakened but most lists still place us in the top 10. I dont know of any states or cities that have restrictions on other Americans. Of course, economics play a role but unless you live in the cheapest cost of living district in America, you do have choices.
Canada2017
Is it true that individuals who endure sex change operations have an incredibly high suicide rate after such surgery ?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Yes, 10 times higher in the USA. The rate among gays is also higher than us breeders. Being gay has got to be tough and being a ****** is probably even harder. I dont understand why anyone would choose to live that life. I have always thought there was more to it than a person just deciding he was gay. My brother has a gay daughter and its almost broken his heart.
muddybrazos
Canada2017 said:

Is it true that individuals who endure sex change operations have an incredibly high suicide rate after such surgery ?
Yes, trannies have something like a 40% suicide rate and it's probably related to their mental illness.
J.R.
ShooterTX said:

We have school choice. Send your kids to private schools as there are all different price points. Sure, some are $40K per year, some are $5K. I do understand that if you live in rural areas, you may not have that option, but people need to get off their ass and make choices between educating their children or a kick ass new F150 that is financed.
Canada2017
muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

Yes, trannies have something like a 40% suicide rate and it's probably related to their mental illness.

It's ridiculous how our society is promoting such a destructive mental illness .

As a society we have lost our collective mind.
atomicblast
muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

That and the disgusting fact they literally have a wound that bleeds and tries to close while they use devices for dilation to indulge themselves in their fantasy.
Whiskey Pete
liberals and democrats are the biggest science deniers on the planet
Robert Wilson
J.R. said:

ShooterTX said:

We have school choice. Send your kids to private schools as there are all different price points. Sure, some are $40K per year, some are $5K. I do understand that if you live in rural areas, you may not have that option, but people need to get off their ass and make choices between educating their children or a kick ass new F150 that is financed.
The rural school districts are safer than most private schools as far as this crap goes.
fadskier
ShooterTX said:

Don'y worry...this won't fly in west Texas public schools...BUT probably coming to Austin and Dallas soon
fadskier
J.R. said:

ShooterTX said:

If your child is not a discipline problem and has fairly good grades, you can apply to transfer to a different school district. You may have to furnish your own transportation but it is easy and most small districts accept all transfers as they get attendance money.
Mothra
Honestly, any Christian/conservative should either be sending their kids to private school, or home schooling, as we do. I say this as someone who went to public school, and whose wife taught in public school. Public schools - in both the content being taught, and the culture that is promoted - has become a cesspool of liberal thought and ideology. Even the conservative school districts are being overrun. And it's going to get much worse.

Yes, it's a huge sacrifice, but it is your kids lives at stake. We made the switch to homeschooling about 3 years ago, and haven't looked back. There are all kinds of resources out there for parents like us who thought we couldn't do it. My kids have a much more enriching and academically challenging curriculum than I ever had. And they're not exposed to evil such as this.
ShooterTX
J.R. said:

ShooterTX said:

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the policies of "school choice"... also know as the voucher system.
You should look it up.
I know that we have options in America right now, but we shouldn't be forced to pay for public school, while we also have to pay for private or home school. Under the current system, you basically get a huge financial punishment for choosing to remove your kids from the brainwashing system.
ShooterTX
ShooterTX
Mothra said:

Honestly, any Christian/conservative should either be sending their kids to private school, or home schooling, as we do. I say this as someone who went to public school, and whose wife taught in public school. Public schools - in both the content being taught, and the culture that is promoted - has become a cesspool of liberal thought and ideology. Even the conservative school districts are being overrun. And it's going to get much worse.

Yes, it's a huge sacrifice, but it is your kids lives at stake. We made the switch to homeschooling about 3 years ago, and haven't looked back. There are all kinds of resources out there for parents like us who thought we couldn't do it. My kids have a much more enriching and academically challenging curriculum than I ever had. And they're not exposed to evil such as this.

Welcome to the adventure.
ShooterTX
br53
atomicblast said:

muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

That and the disgusting fact they literally have a wound that bleeds and tries to close while they use devices for dilation to indulge themselves in their fantasy.
TMI
Doc Holliday
ShooterTX said:

J.R. said:

ShooterTX said:

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the policies of "school choice"... also know as the voucher system.
You should look it up.
I know that we have options in America right now, but we shouldn't be forced to pay for public school, while we also have to pay for private or home school. Under the current system, you basically get a huge financial punishment for choosing to remove your kids from the brainwashing system.
And JR acts like it's economically feasible for the average family lol

$6k in school taxes + $9,827 tuition (TX private school average) = $15, 827! You only have to pay for the equivalent state university tuition for 18 years...

ShooterTX
br53 said:

atomicblast said:

muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

TMI
sadly, the vast majority of people who support transgender causes, have no idea of the actual realities. So this is FAR from being too much information... it should be required information before anyone can make a positional statement on the topic. People should also know the stats for suicide, drug addiction, regret, etc among those who have undergone a full transformation. Spoiler alert... the stats are pretty horrible.
ShooterTX
quash
muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

Yeah, it probably has nothing to do with being called trannies and mentally ill...
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

Yeah, it probably has nothing to do with being called trannies and mentally ill...
It actually doesn't, but if you think it does then please provide proof.
JXL
quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

One would think that persons suffering from untreated mental illness of any type would have a high suicide rate.
muddybrazos
quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

What is it that you prefer to be called? Could you put your pronouns in your bio so i can respect your gender identity? I would hate for you to kill yourself over message board chatter.
nein51
quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

I would think being mentally ill would actually have a lot to do with it. As it turns out changing your outward appearance is unlikely to change the actual underlying issues.

What is incredible to me is that there is *SO* much time dedicated to something like a fraction of a fraction of 1% of people. To be honest, to me, it's sort of insulting that I have to change anything for that % of the human race. If you want to be a train wreck that's completely ok...but we dont need to change the language to accommodate you.

It looks like around 1,360,000 people in the US identify as trans and almost 200,000 of them are in Arkansas...what in the world is in the water there?? If you take Arkansas, Delaware and Tennessee they account for around 450,000 of them. You get to right at the median number with only 7 states;
Arkansas
Tennessee
Delaware
New Mexico
Florida
Idaho
New York

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

In Thailand Trannies are accepted as more or less a third sex. They work along side everyone else in stores, restaurants, etc.. They go to the Temple to make merit and are usually allowed to be family members. The suicide rate is much closer to that of straight people.
br53

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

In Thailand Trannies are accepted as more or less a third sex. They work along side everyone else in stores, restaurants, etc.. They go to the Temple to make merit and are usually allowed to be family members. The suicide rate is much closer to that of straight people.

You left out the *****houses
D. C. Bear
quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

Probably has more to do with actually being mentally ill.
Forest Bueller_bf
J.R. said:

ShooterTX said:

I made the choice to send mine to one, could not afford anywhere near 40K, but I could probably get 2 kick ass F150's for the monthly price. It is worth it though.

The sports are pretty low level in TAPPS 3A where he goes, which for me personally would have sucked, but my kid doesn't care much for sports at all, that said if he will work hard, he could have a real chance to win state in the shot put at that level by his Sr. year, at a 3A public school he would have a zero chance of that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.