White devils no longer in charge of museum tours, Chicago crime rate expected to drop

6,839 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Whiskey Pete
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Proud 1992 Alum said:

cowboycwr said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

You suck at arguing your point. Stating over and over that the majority of historians say . . . isn't an argument or proof of anything. You haven't even cited any evidence for that statement. Meanwhile, others have laid out a convincing case. Step it up or go away.

I have posted links to prove it. People have chosen not to read them.

I will stay and you cannot make me go away from behind your keyboard internet tough guy.

The majority of professionals have reached a conclusion and you and others choose to ignore it. Just like you do on the vaccine.

I'm vaccinated dumba**.

Name calling. What the weak minded resort to because they can't counter the truth.

Whiskey Pete
cowboycwr said:

Rawhide said:

cowboycwr said:

refusing to accept facts.
That's rich, coming from you; especially after actual facts that have been presented to you. You ignoring what Lincoln actually said. You choose to rely on the opinion of a few academic historians that weren't even there.

Because you aren't even arguing on the correct point I'm making. Every quote you have given isn't even close to what I have been arguing. You have been arguing about the start of the war, the reasons Lincoln got into the war, his original goals, etc.

When all I have stated is that the war was about slavery.

I have never said it was about slavery and only slavery. I have never said both sides started it about slavery (the south did).

And yes I will accept people who have studied the whole thing from all sides and angles over one person who saw one side and one angle.

But you won't. Probably just like you won't accept the vaccine works. Yeah I know you "claim" you got it but you don't strike me as someone who takes the word of the majority of professionals ever.
The war wasn't about slavery. It was about keeping the union together.

The secession was about slavery (among other things).

You have the secession and war terribly confused.

Don't care if you believe I got a vaccine or not. But I made my decision not based on what some internet, youtube, cnn doctors or fuaci or biden has to say. I made my decision based on conversations with my personal physician.
Canada2017
cowboycwr said:

Canada2017 said:

cowboycwr said:

Those defending the south in the civil war remind me why the Republican Party I have supported for years is dead. Old white guys ardently supporting racist slave owners from 160 years ago, refusing to accept the war had a just outcome, was not a war of "northern aggression" and refusing to accept facts. But yet they cling to their beliefs while not understanding why more people don't vote for them.
Proof positive .

You are victorious once again .

Career stats ( including Bfans )

471 - 0

Lol. You and I used to almost always be on the same side of arguments until this one. Not sure how I ever ended up on your bad list. Clearly you have me confused with someone else.
Sorry , was attempting some humor .

Don't have a 'bad list' .

cowboycwr
Rawhide said:

cowboycwr said:

Rawhide said:

cowboycwr said:

That's rich, coming from you; especially after actual facts that have been presented to you. You ignoring what Lincoln actually said. You choose to rely on the opinion of a few academic historians that weren't even there.

Because you aren't even arguing on the correct point I'm making. Every quote you have given isn't even close to what I have been arguing. You have been arguing about the start of the war, the reasons Lincoln got into the war, his original goals, etc.

I have never said it was about slavery and only slavery. I have never said both sides started it about slavery (the south did).

And yes I will accept people who have studied the whole thing from all sides and angles over one person who saw one side and one angle.

But you won't. Probably just like you won't accept the vaccine works. Yeah I know you "claim" you got it but you don't strike me as someone who takes the word of the majority of professionals ever.

Don't care if you believe I got a vaccine or not. But I made my decision not based on what some internet, youtube, cnn doctors or fuaci or biden has to say. I made my decision based on conversations with my personal physician.

That is what it started out as (from the North) but from the south it was about slavery. The war changed and morphed into about slavery first and keeping the union together second. Hence calling it about slavery.

That is why the majority of professionals call it about slavery.

So you got the shot because your doctor had reached a conclusion based on the majority of experts stating the shot was good and advised you to get it...
Redbrickbear
cowboycwr said:

Rawhide said:

That is what it started out as (from the North) but from the south it was about slavery. The war changed and morphed into about slavery first and keeping the union together second. Hence calling it about slavery.

So you got the shot because your doctor had reached a conclusion based on the majority of experts stating the shot was good and advised you to get it...
For the Upper South States secession itself was not even about slavery…much less the war. They were not even inclined to leave the Union at all until Lincoln called up troops to stop the deep south states from leaving.

"Once Lincoln called for troops, the secession of VA, NC, TN & AR only then became certain. Although all had been fundamentally Unionist in sentiment, the hostility of all to coercion was overwhelming."
-Prof Allan Nevins

"Devoted as they were [Border States] to the Union, they shrank from the idea of saving it by blood. And behind their antagonism to force lay a hope that if time were allowed for reflection, the two sections would...agree on a reasonable compromise." -Prof. Allan Nevins

"Why? If they believed in the Union & the Union was attacked, why join the assailants and not the defenders? Theoretically, because they did not believe in the indissoluble Union of which Lincoln repeatedly spoke, but in the dissoluble Union of John Taylor of Caroline and Thomas Jefferson."- Prof. Allan Nevins

"To hold Fort Sumter was to Lincoln a duty but to the Virginians it savored of coercion; and coercion in this case meant forcing a State which had seceded, back into the Union. If an attempt was made to coerce a State, Virginia would join the Southern Confederacy."-Rhodes

When Lincoln called for armed troops to subjugate the "Rebelling states," Virginia, The Mother of States and of Statesmen, refused to provide them, indicted Lincoln for "choosing to inaugurate a violent war," then she seceded from the Union, and joined the Confederacy."

Whiskey Pete
cowboycwr said:

Rawhide said:

cowboycwr said:

Rawhide said:

cowboycwr said:

Show me where soldiers said they were going to war to free the slaves. Show me where Lincoln said he was going to war to free the slaves. Show me where congress authorized war to free the slaves.

I can assure you that my doctor didn't arrive to his recommendation for my shot based on what others "said". As a matter of fact, he recommended my daughter NOT get it.

You're such a rube.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.