Predictably we're got a thread on Chris Cuomo but not on 4 dead kids in Oxford, MI

3,423 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cowboycwr
Porteroso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Very sad. I bet the parents just had guns lying around the house.

One of the better gun control pieces of legislation we could have would be forcing parents with kids to go to gun education courses. Maybe anyone with weapons not classified as hunting weapons. You wouldn't have to make a list of these people, just give them a piece of paper afterward. There are hundreds of accidental deaths every year to negligence, or better termed, ignorance. We can do better than this.

It bothers me that some of you are playing the same game as OP, you'd rather talk about other murders that better fit your narrative. Can't comment on something you have no solution for, and oppose any suggested solutions to.
I am all for gun safety and people taking gun safety courses.

However, your proposal raises lots of questions about enforcement. Many the same as proposals that would force people to lock their guns up.

1. Who would enforce it/check on it?
2. If no list how are you checking that they did the course?
3. How are you verifying they have kids?
4. What if someone buys guns before having kids?
5. What is the punishment for not doing the course?
6. All weapons can be used for hunting.

and your last paragraph just shows your ignorance. You talk about the hundreds of accidental deaths but when others talk about the murders we are talking about the thousands and thousands. Heck thousand just in Chicago.

My ignorance? Lol good luck defending that stupid statement.

You wouldn't need to enforce it necessarily. It would educate the public more than they already are, and any additional gun safety education America can get is good.

By the way no, 9mm pistols are not legal to hunt many game animals in many states.
Jack Bauer
I believe that parents' rights supercede the government's rights. For children, this mostly encompasses education and medical decisions. A parent has every right to protest, question, refuse something they don't agree with being put upon their children until they are 18 years old.

Conversely, if you want this right you also have to accept the responsibility. Parents are not automatically guilty for the crimes their children perform but in this case, there is obvious negligence.
Jack Bauer
"Blood everywhere, thoughts won't stop me. My life is useless. The world is dead."

If I went to a school meeting and this is what my child had written, I would have pulled them immediately and gotten them crisis counseling by the end of day.

But the #1 question I would ask is - "Where's my gun??"
D. C. Bear
J.B.Katz said:

...or the 15-yr-old shooter who killed them and shot 7 more ppl.

Here's hoping they also arrest the father of the 15-yr-old shooter & charge him with making the gun available to his son.

At least we can call these poor kids and their families victims.

And no one will claim this punk is a hero or raise millions for his legal defense. He will spend the rest of his life in prison, but the real prisoners will be the families who lost their kids.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/30/oxford-high-school-shooting-multiple-victims-michigan/8810814002/

The 9mm pistol the suspect used during the shooting was bought by his father on Black Friday, Nov. 26, according to Bouchard. It was loaded with seven rounds of ammunition when police arrested the suspect

Let me use the occasion of a terrible mass murder to start a thread criticizing some people on a message board who hold different political views!
That's about it.
J.B.Katz
D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Here's hoping they also arrest the father of the 15-yr-old shooter & charge him with making the gun available to his son.

And no one will claim this punk is a hero or raise millions for his legal defense. He will spend the rest of his life in prison, but the real prisoners will be the families who lost their kids.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/30/oxford-high-school-shooting-multiple-victims-michigan/8810814002/

The 9mm pistol the suspect used during the shooting was bought by his father on Black Friday, Nov. 26, according to Bouchard. It was loaded with seven rounds of ammunition when police arrested the suspect

Let me use the occasion of a terrible mass murder to start a thread criticizing some people on a message board who hold different political views!

I'm much more concerned with advancing an agenda that involves unlimited gun rights with no restrictions than I am with preserving life.

Although my party claims to be the prolife party.

Personal freedom has nothing to do with my position gun rights: I also am absolutely thrilled that the Supreme Court Mitch McConnelll stacked is about to overturn Roe v. Wade and limit women's agency over their own bodies.

But unlimited gun rights combined with no abortion rights have really galvanized ppl to vote Republican, and Republicans controlling govt is a lot more important then democratic elections, honorable senators and House reps who will work together to move the country forward despite serious policy disagreements (see: the villification of Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger) or a fair judicial appt process that can't be gamed by a Senate Majority leader who simply won't talk to POTUS's reasonable appointee even a year in advance and then frogmarches through a really extreme nominee literally a week before the presidential election. I thought that was hunkydory, but hoooeeee, if the Democrats had pulled a stunt like that, I'd have suffered a brain aneurism.

Personal freedom is also not the agenda behind my party's irresponsible campaign to undermine our COVID recovery. Chip Roy from good ole TX has made that abundantly clear. He wants "chaos" until mid-terms when he envisions Republicans riding a red wave.

Which may happen if the really nasty actors in their party don't pull an already fractious party full of corrupt bad actors--where a total ******* like Ted Cruz is one of the lesser villains--apart.

That's about it.
D. C. Bear
J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

I'm much more concerned with advancing an agenda that involves unlimited gun rights with no restrictions than I am with preserving life.

Personal freedom has nothing to do with my position gun rights: I also am absolutely thrilled that the Supreme Court Mitch McConnelll stacked is about to overturn Roe v. Wade and limit women's agency over their own bodies.

But unlimited gun rights combined with no abortion rights have really galvanized ppl to vote Republican, and Republicans controlling govt is a lot more important then democratic elections, honorable senators and House reps who will work together to move the country forward despite serious policy disagreements (see: the villification of Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger) or a fair judicial appt process that can't be gamed by a Senate Majority leader who simply won't talk to POTUS's reasonable appointee even a year in advance and then frogmarches through a really extreme nominee literally a week before the presidential election. I thought that was hunkydory, but hoooeeee, if the Democrats had pulled a stunt like that, I'd have suffered a brain aneurism.

Personal freedom is also not the agenda behind my party's irresponsible campaign to undermine our COVID recovery. Chip Roy from good ole TX has made that abundantly clear. He wants "chaos" until mid-terms when he envisions Republicans riding a red wave.

Which may happen if the really nasty actors in their party don't pull an already fractious party full of corrupt bad actors--where a total ******* like Ted Cruz is one of the lesser villains--apart.

That's about it.

I didn't start this thread using a mass murder as the occasion to attack my political opponents. That was you.

And I am not at all clear why you are going on and on about your party and your love of guns etc.
J.B.Katz
D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

That's about it.

I didn't start this thread using a mass murder as the occasion to attack my political opponents. That was you.

And I am not at all clear why you are going on and on about your party and your love of guns etc.
My political opponents are responsible for obstructing any meaningful reforms that would stop mass shootings in school.

IMO that makes them accessories to murder everytime a mass shooting that might have been prevented by restrictions on gun sales, gun safety training or some other reasonable regulation. I realize some of you boys think that there are no reasonable gun regulations. An open-carry law in my state that conveniently excludes only one place--our state capitol--puts the lie to that. Our cowardly state leg wants to be protected from gun nuts in their workplace but insured no one else in the state has that protection. If they really believed in unlimited carry rights, that's what they should have passed.
Jack Bauer
J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

That's about it.

My political opponents are responsible for obstructing any meaningful reforms that would stop mass shootings in school.

IMO that makes them accessories to murder everytime a mass shooting that might have been prevented by restrictions on gun sales, gun safety training or some other reasonable regulation. I realize some of you boys think that there are no reasonable gun regulations. An open-carry law in my state that conveniently excludes only one place--our state capitol--puts the lie to that. Our cowardly state leg wants to be protected from gun nuts in their workplace but insured no one else in the state has that protection. If they really believed in unlimited carry rights, that's what they should have passed.

What reform would "stop" mass shootings in school?
Jack Bauer
J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

That's about it.

That's also a lie. You cannot open carry at a school.
Jack Bauer
Law enforcement sources say that the couple withdrew $4,000 from an ATM and have not been seen since Thursday night, when they were under surveillance at a motel where they had been staying since the shooting.

Due to a communication breakdown between agencies, the surveillance was suspended by Friday morning and the parents left the motel unobserved before the charges were announced by prosecutors, according to WDIV-TV.
Canada2017
Jack Bauer said:

Law enforcement sources say that the couple withdrew $4,000 from an ATM and have not been seen since Thursday night, when they were under surveillance at a motel where they had been staying since the shooting.

Due to a communication breakdown between agencies, the surveillance was suspended by Friday morning and the parents left the motel unobserved before the charges were announced by prosecutors, according to WDIV-TV.

Parents will be apprehended one way or another within 72 hours .
cowboycwr
Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Very sad. I bet the parents just had guns lying around the house.

One of the better gun control pieces of legislation we could have would be forcing parents with kids to go to gun education courses. Maybe anyone with weapons not classified as hunting weapons. You wouldn't have to make a list of these people, just give them a piece of paper afterward. There are hundreds of accidental deaths every year to negligence, or better termed, ignorance. We can do better than this.

It bothers me that some of you are playing the same game as OP, you'd rather talk about other murders that better fit your narrative. Can't comment on something you have no solution for, and oppose any suggested solutions to.
I am all for gun safety and people taking gun safety courses.

However, your proposal raises lots of questions about enforcement. Many the same as proposals that would force people to lock their guns up.

1. Who would enforce it/check on it?
2. If no list how are you checking that they did the course?
3. How are you verifying they have kids?
4. What if someone buys guns before having kids?
5. What is the punishment for not doing the course?
6. All weapons can be used for hunting.

and your last paragraph just shows your ignorance. You talk about the hundreds of accidental deaths but when others talk about the murders we are talking about the thousands and thousands. Heck thousand just in Chicago.

My ignorance? Lol good luck defending that stupid statement.

You wouldn't need to enforce it necessarily. It would educate the public more than they already are, and any additional gun safety education America can get is good.

By the way no, 9mm pistols are not legal to hunt many game animals in many states.

Yes your ignorance. All I have to do is point out your posts for proof.

For example this latest one.

You want a new rule put in place but not to enforce it. Therefore it would have zero impact as basically no one would do it.

And it is not illegal to hunt with 9mm. You moved the goalposts after your initial claim. You said weapons not classified as hunting weapons. I pointed out that all guns be hunting weapons. Then you added in the game animals.

You can hunt with a 9mm.

So yeah like I said. Your ignorance.
cowboycwr
J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

That's about it.

Lol. You can't help but to lie and throw out all sorts of disproven talking points can you?

What gun law would stop school shootings?

The answer is none. Arm the teachers and that would stop it.

Excludes only one place??? That is a lie. There is a whole list of places that are not open or concealed carry. And places can also put up signs that restrict it as well.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.