BREAKING: Baylor lands 2019 defensive lineman Gabe Hall

August 9, 2018
13,278

Baylor has added to their 2019 recruiting class as 2019 Waller (TX) High School defensive lineman Gabe Hall‍ (6-5, 285) recently gave his verbal commitment to the Bears. A defensive tackle for the Bulldogs, Hall could also eventually play on the offensive line at the college level. 

Hall committed to the Bears in a head-to-head battle with TCU while also holding offers from Colorado, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Texas Tech among others. 

Hall joins defensive linemen Harrison White‍, TJ Franklin‍ and Matt Jones‍ as well as offensive linemen Landon Peterson‍ as the fifth commitment in the trenches for the 2019 class. 

Hall is the first commitment for the Bears since Jones and Peterson gave their pledge to the Bears on June 22. 

Curious who could be next to commit to Baylor? Follow along on our recruiting prediction page!

 

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Baylor lands 2019 defensive lineman Gabe Hall

Gruvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome Gabe!
BUbearinARK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WOOOO HOOO!! Awesome!

Do I have to wait til after work to celebrate?
#8 Henry Black LB
GAMES 3 tackles tot: 9 solo:6 asst:3 sack: 1
mia 3 games? FOUND in the backfield on top of a qb
🐻
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fantastic!
chorne68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great news...he is going to be great.
Johnny Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Always good to beat the frogs at anything.
Bearprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking just solely at the highlights, this kid should be playing OT at BU. He's not explosive enough for DT but he does have range and a frame to develop into an OT. It will take some time, but a big kid who I believe is playing out of position currently.
SIC EM 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did anyone get Mac Engle's approval before this taking place?
BaylorBJM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Awesome pickup.
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SIC EM 94 said:

Did anyone get Mac Engle's approval before this taking place?
EasyE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bearprof said:

Looking just solely at the highlights, this kid should be playing OT at BU. He's not explosive enough for DT but he does have range and a frame to develop into an OT. It will take some time, but a big kid who I believe is playing out of position currently.


Always good to get a commitment from another big lineman. I agree he doesnt currently demonstrate the type of lateral quickness you would like to see from an elite defensive lineman, and he certainly needs to get stronger at the point of attack and control his opponent better to be able to stick at a DT position. He does show the type of effort you like to see on the defensive side of the ball, playing to the whistle on every play I saw on tape. With that type of effort, his weaknesses are things that can be overcome with strength and conditioning. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
hodedofome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EasyE said:

Bearprof said:

Looking just solely at the highlights, this kid should be playing OT at BU. He's not explosive enough for DT but he does have range and a frame to develop into an OT. It will take some time, but a big kid who I believe is playing out of position currently.


Always good to get a commitment from another big lineman. I agree he doesnt currently demonstrate the type of lateral quickness you would like to see from an elite defensive lineman, and he certainly needs to get stronger at the point of attack and control his opponent better to be able to stick at a DT position. He does show the type of effort you like to see on the defensive side of the ball, playing to the whistle on every play I saw on tape. With that type of effort, his weaknesses are things that can be overcome with strength and conditioning. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
We got him because we're giving him the option of playing either side of the line. TCU just wanted him for OL.

I'm cool with that, as eventually he should be able to figure out on his own what holds to better future for him.
HuMcK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Based on the comments here he sounds like a player almost certain to redshirt, so he can find his position. Either way, always good to take an athletic big-body away from the Frogs.
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
HuMcK said:

Based on the comments here he sounds like a player almost certain to redshirt, so he can find his position. Either way, always good to take an athletic big-body away from the Frogs.
95% of all OL and DL need to redshirt, IMO.
EasyE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Funny, I just realized we traded one Hall for another. This one appears to have more upside.
Gruvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

HuMcK said:

Based on the comments here he sounds like a player almost certain to redshirt, so he can find his position. Either way, always good to take an athletic big-body away from the Frogs.
95% of all OL and DL need to redshirt, IMO.
seems like a low percentage... not too many kids are big time ready. There might be kids forced to play without redshirting due to the needs of the team but that doesn't mean they're ready to play.
Timbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That Rhule can dadgum recruit!
ImwithBU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

HuMcK said:

Based on the comments here he sounds like a player almost certain to redshirt, so he can find his position. Either way, always good to take an athletic big-body away from the Frogs.
95% of all OL and DL need to redshirt, IMO.

This is the key to any program. Redshirt freshman are just that more ahead of the game when they actually get to play. I would redshirt everybody if possible, only truly rare talent deserve to see the field early. Good thing is the new RS rule will keep guys from overestimating their own abilities and allow them a change to get some live bullets without using a year
RealLarryDon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like he has the size to play either side of the line. Great pick up here!
Grizz Air
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, if the past predicts the future, he will be an NFL OL: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabe_Hall
Dman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Timbear said:

That Rhule can dadgum recruit!


Imagine when he's not up against negative press on a monthly basis and NCAA speculation is removed.

Now I just want to see him coach at the same level.
Page 1 of 1
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.