Story Poster

BREAKING: Baylor lands 2019 defensive lineman Gabe Hall

August 9, 2018

Baylor has added to their 2019 recruiting class as 2019 Waller (TX) High School defensive lineman Gabe Hall‍ (6-5, 285) recently gave his verbal commitment to the Bears. A defensive tackle for the Bulldogs, Hall could also eventually play on the offensive line at the college level. 

Hall committed to the Bears in a head-to-head battle with TCU while also holding offers from Colorado, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Texas Tech among others. 

Hall joins defensive linemen Harrison White‍, TJ Franklin‍ and Matt Jones‍ as well as offensive linemen Landon Peterson‍ as the fifth commitment in the trenches for the 2019 class. 

Hall is the first commitment for the Bears since Jones and Peterson gave their pledge to the Bears on June 22. 

Curious who could be next to commit to Baylor? Follow along on our recruiting prediction page!

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Baylor lands 2019 defensive lineman Gabe Hall

14,293 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Dman
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome Gabe!
BUbearinARK
WOOOO HOOO!! Awesome!

Do I have to wait til after work to celebrate?
I’m an optimist!

And /S in case I missed it

TE
Matthew Klopfenstein 1 catch/5 yds
Pale Rider
Fantastic!
chorne68
Great news...he is going to be great.
Johnny Bear
Always good to beat the frogs at anything.
Bearprof
Looking just solely at the highlights, this kid should be playing OT at BU. He's not explosive enough for DT but he does have range and a frame to develop into an OT. It will take some time, but a big kid who I believe is playing out of position currently.
SIC EM 94
Did anyone get Mac Engle's approval before this taking place?
BaylorBJM
Awesome pickup.
Pale Rider
SIC EM 94 said:

Did anyone get Mac Engle's approval before this taking place?
EasyE
Bearprof said:

Looking just solely at the highlights, this kid should be playing OT at BU. He's not explosive enough for DT but he does have range and a frame to develop into an OT. It will take some time, but a big kid who I believe is playing out of position currently.

Always good to get a commitment from another big lineman. I agree he doesnt currently demonstrate the type of lateral quickness you would like to see from an elite defensive lineman, and he certainly needs to get stronger at the point of attack and control his opponent better to be able to stick at a DT position. He does show the type of effort you like to see on the defensive side of the ball, playing to the whistle on every play I saw on tape. With that type of effort, his weaknesses are things that can be overcome with strength and conditioning. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
hodedofome
EasyE said:

Bearprof said:

Always good to get a commitment from another big lineman. I agree he doesnt currently demonstrate the type of lateral quickness you would like to see from an elite defensive lineman, and he certainly needs to get stronger at the point of attack and control his opponent better to be able to stick at a DT position. He does show the type of effort you like to see on the defensive side of the ball, playing to the whistle on every play I saw on tape. With that type of effort, his weaknesses are things that can be overcome with strength and conditioning. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
We got him because we're giving him the option of playing either side of the line. TCU just wanted him for OL.

I'm cool with that, as eventually he should be able to figure out on his own what holds to better future for him.
HuMcK
Based on the comments here he sounds like a player almost certain to redshirt, so he can find his position. Either way, always good to take an athletic big-body away from the Frogs.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
HuMcK said:

Based on the comments here he sounds like a player almost certain to redshirt, so he can find his position. Either way, always good to take an athletic big-body away from the Frogs.
95% of all OL and DL need to redshirt, IMO.
EasyE
Funny, I just realized we traded one Hall for another. This one appears to have more upside.
4th and Inches
Brian Ethridge said:

HuMcK said:

seems like a low percentage... not too many kids are big time ready. There might be kids forced to play without redshirting due to the needs of the team but that doesn't mean they're ready to play.
Timbear
That Rhule can dadgum recruit!
ImwithBU
Brian Ethridge said:

HuMcK said:

This is the key to any program. Redshirt freshman are just that more ahead of the game when they actually get to play. I would redshirt everybody if possible, only truly rare talent deserve to see the field early. Good thing is the new RS rule will keep guys from overestimating their own abilities and allow them a change to get some live bullets without using a year
RealLarryDon
Looks like he has the size to play either side of the line. Great pick up here!
Grizz Air
Well, if the past predicts the future, he will be an NFL OL: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabe_Hall
Dman
Timbear said:

That Rhule can dadgum recruit!

Imagine when he's not up against negative press on a monthly basis and NCAA speculation is removed.

Now I just want to see him coach at the same level.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.