Story Poster
Baylor Football

BREAKING: Baylor adds 2020 LB Brooks Miller out of Louisiana

June 24, 2019
18,128

Baylor’s 2020 class has grown to 11 with the commitment of 2020 linebacker Brooks Miller‍ (Monroe, La./West Monroe). Miller is Baylor’s second linebacker pledge joining Spring (TX) HS linebacker Will Garner‍. 

Miller, a high school safety, measured at 6-foot-1 and 193 pounds at a Baylor camp earlier this month while running 4.48-second 40-yard dash, a 4.2 second pro shuttle, and recorded a 35-inch vertical. 

2020 BAYLOR FOOTBALL RECRUITING CLASS 

Miller is Baylor’s ninth defensive commitment of 2020 and the sixth in the month of June. Of Baylor’s 11 commitments, six earned offers from Matt Rhule’s staff follow on-campus workouts. 

As a junior Brooks was named First-Team All-State as a safety.

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Baylor adds 2020 LB Brooks Miller out of Louisiana

9,070 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bear8084
BaylorLit 01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good ball skills and motor but would have been nice to see him drive a ball carrier backwards a couple times. He has potential though.

I thought Baylor was betting on itself to have a big season and was holding off on filling up spots. Spots are flying off the shelf now.
BUBear24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorLit 01 said:

Good ball skills and motor but would have been nice to see him drive a ball carrier backwards a couple times. He has potential though.

I thought Baylor was betting on itself to have a big season and was holding off on filling up spots. Spots are flying off the shelf now.


I miss the old you... come back to us...

In seriousness, I think you'll see commitments done for a bit. All these commits, especially those with less than favorable offers from other schools for some, were all based on the camps and those are done.

2020 is filled to the max with great talent on offense, that's why you're not seeing as many offensive commits because there on that side I think they're being really selective. Not saying defense wasn't but they found the kids they like that fit a mold they like, and here we are.
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
You take a kid that runs sub 4.5 every day at his size and frame.

6-1+ 195 4.42 and 4.04 from several camps.

He's going to be able to run and cover in the Big 12 and put on weight to be a LB that runs like a safety.
BUbearinARK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great get! This D is stacking up.
BaylorLit 01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUBear24 said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

Good ball skills and motor but would have been nice to see him drive a ball carrier backwards a couple times. He has potential though.

I thought Baylor was betting on itself to have a big season and was holding off on filling up spots. Spots are flying off the shelf now.


I miss the old you... come back to us...

In seriousness, I think you'll see commitments done for a bit. All these commits, especially those with less than favorable offers from other schools for some, were all based on the camps and those are done.

2020 is filled to the max with great talent on offense, that's why you're not seeing as many offensive commits because there on that side I think they're being really selective. Not saying defense wasn't but they found the kids they like that fit a mold they like, and here we are.


Thanks for the lengthy reply; I guess I just want to see us develop a few of the project recruits before I'm ready to drink the cool-aid. The guys that had an impact last yr were the highly ranked recruits.
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorLit 01 said:

BUBear24 said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

Good ball skills and motor but would have been nice to see him drive a ball carrier backwards a couple times. He has potential though.

I thought Baylor was betting on itself to have a big season and was holding off on filling up spots. Spots are flying off the shelf now.


I miss the old you... come back to us...

In seriousness, I think you'll see commitments done for a bit. All these commits, especially those with less than favorable offers from other schools for some, were all based on the camps and those are done.

2020 is filled to the max with great talent on offense, that's why you're not seeing as many offensive commits because there on that side I think they're being really selective. Not saying defense wasn't but they found the kids they like that fit a mold they like, and here we are.


Thanks for the lengthy reply; I guess I just want to see us develop a few of the project recruits before I'm ready to drink the cool-aid. The guys that had an impact last yr were the highly ranked recruits.

So you're upset that our true freshmen, redshift freshmen and true sophomore "projects" aren't leading the team? They're called projects because they're raw and you're projecting what they're going to be -- usually as juniors and seniors.

But to complain about this at all after two recruiting classes is beyond silly.
BaylorLit 01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, it's early in the rebuild process. This kid looks like he can play. I don't want to criticize any recruits in a public forum. I just want to see us develop some of those 17/18 class tall, fast, raw athletes and then I'll stop being skeptical.
Dia del DougO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nevermind...I thought it had him listed as a safety.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Bear8084
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2be2 said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

BUBear24 said:

BaylorLit 01 said:

Good ball skills and motor but would have been nice to see him drive a ball carrier backwards a couple times. He has potential though.

I thought Baylor was betting on itself to have a big season and was holding off on filling up spots. Spots are flying off the shelf now.


I miss the old you... come back to us...

In seriousness, I think you'll see commitments done for a bit. All these commits, especially those with less than favorable offers from other schools for some, were all based on the camps and those are done.

2020 is filled to the max with great talent on offense, that's why you're not seeing as many offensive commits because there on that side I think they're being really selective. Not saying defense wasn't but they found the kids they like that fit a mold they like, and here we are.


Thanks for the lengthy reply; I guess I just want to see us develop a few of the project recruits before I'm ready to drink the cool-aid. The guys that had an impact last yr were the highly ranked recruits.

So you're upset that our true freshmen, redshift freshmen and true sophomore "projects" aren't leading the team? They're called projects because they're raw and you're projecting what they're going to be -- usually as juniors and seniors.

But to complain about this at all after two recruiting classes is beyond silly.


This. There have already been quite a few that have contributed already and have grown as these two seasons have gone on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.